Looking for good substances.

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by Noworries, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Noworries

Noworries Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Basically I am looking for a substitute to MJ or even alcohol,however not a literal substitute,more some things that can be used for the same kind of purpose i.e chilling with mates etc

So something that works,but is not too intense,something that will get SWIM stoned or intoxicated for a few hours.:smoking:

Btw do you have to use SWIM in this forum?

Thank you in advance.

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Welcome to the forum noworries.

Yes, you do have to use SWIM in this forum and avoid self incrimination at all costs. Thank you for doing so in this post.

Try using the search engine (up and to the right) to look up kava and kratom. Many lab rats report theyre worthwhile.

3. Noworries

Noworries Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the advice,I believe Kratom is illegal is australia,but I'll look inot Kava.

4. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    There are also herbs, which may not get you high, but definatly create a relaxing effect (if thats what your looking for):Hops, Skullcap, Catmint (catnip),Valerian, Passionflower, california and prickly poppy. Also SWIdr has tried making poppy seed tea, and to his surprise, it worked wonders, there are a few posts on how to make this tea, and all You would need is 1/2-1 lbs (.25-.75 kg) which would be pretty cheap if you buy it in bulk. You can get these herbs at almost any health food store. If You is looking to trip You may want to try DXM (although SWIdr doesn't enjoy it, lots of other people do), Morning Glory Seeds, Salvia D, and zopidem (sleep aid, prescription in US but SWIdr thinks its otc down under)
    Well, SWIdr hopes this info helped You out, if You want more info, just type in the herbs on the search engine, or use www.erowid.org

5. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Sinicuichi is good mixed with weed, though you need to smoke larger amounts of it. The tea has mixed reviews, something I am working to learn more about.

Kava is enjoyable if taken in higher doses, but may not be your thing.

Some smoking blends are interesting, though swim only ever uses them as a tobacco substitute in spliffs when he feels like it. He tried one called Buddha's Blend which contained a whole bunch of stuff that was fairly nice. It just really chills you out for the most part.