1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Experiences - Loperamide Complete Effects From A "Veteran"

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by traind2go, Dec 16, 2010.

1. traind2go

traind2go

Reputation Points:
    A, rather rude and aggressive, friend of mine asked me to post the following:

Ive seen alot of threads and topics and many sites not just this one about the effects of Loperamide on the CNS and crossing the BBB. My puppy is a veteran opiate user for 10 years and has taken heroin, oxycodone (all forms), hydromorphone, oxymorphone, fentanyl and hydrocodone. All doses were at a seriously high level, enough to kill a horse the vet told my puppy one day at the puppy's local ER. During Heroin WD's loperamide tablets were bought for diarreah, 6 were taken and seemed to help overrall.

My puppy is a veteran opiate user and doesnt believe in PLACEBO effects. He either gets high or doesnt and he knows the damn difference between placebo and real effects.

Experiment:
    1 Bottle 46 ct. Loperamide Tabs 2MG=92mg total
    Consume with GF juice

Took the plunge and ate the entire bottle.
    an hour and a half later, noticable effects on body temp rising, not unpleasant. Slight itching. Pupils have extreme constriction. Opioid effects are prevalent. There is no rush or anything but its what i like to call a numbing after effect of the rush. its that down time period where u r very comfortable and relaxed after a huge shot of heroin. Loperamide works and gets u high as a kite. i have a huge tolerance but LP doesnt seem to have much cross tolerance. I know what im expereincing and there isnt any other drugs in my system. i dont care what yal think or believe, im trying to fucking tell u something here and u can choose to listen or not. There is no gd placebo effect i know what it feels like to be high off of opiates damn it. Loperamide is strong and numbs and fucks u up with taken at super high doses.

LP does not cross the blood brain barrier in small doses but 46X normal human dose enough nano particles cross for a cumalitive effect.

I tried to sleep but experienced that kind of restless sleep where u are very high from opiates and keep waking up and going back to sleep, not a complete nod but very slow one.

I woke the next morning still feeling high.

I was high for over 72 hours off of loperamide. idk why its not illegal but fuck heroin i like this better and for only [price discussion is against the rules] i can be high for 3 days gd it. ftw

no bs ass comments either, this shit is serious and my puppy prides himself in being an experienced opiate user.

if u have anything negative to say about that then why the fuck r u on this forum to begin with this is a gd drug forum this isnt the thread for getting help so go parade to the people who actually want to quit feeling good.

loperamide FTW

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2011
  2. imyourlittlebare

imyourlittlebare Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    The placebo effect occurs whether your aware or not. Expectation is a huge part of the rewarding experience of a drug. Take alcohol. Avid drinkers who know the difference between a buzz, being drunk, and having a virgin margarita have the potential to get "alcohol-induced" effects from non-alcoholic beer if they think its alcoholic. If you tell a person alprazolam is a new antihistamine, they do not rate it as euphoric or good and report a lot of negative side-effects, particularly sedation and grogginess. Tell them its alprazolam, its euphoric. Lidocaine or other local anesthetics are added to impure cocaine because it helps fuel the expectation (dopamine is released in excess even prior to a person using cocaine which could be considered a placebo effect).

Im not saying the high wasnt real. But the brain is complex. Hell, look at the phenomenon of conversion disorders. Being in withdrawal can really screw with someone. I dont know if what you experienced was real or not but thank you for sharing your experience. Im curious as to the BBB and loperamide and whether its broken down or "removed" instead of mostly unable to pass BBB (I will look that up on my own time, dont worry), acts on peripheral opiate receptors in the body other than in the digestive system, or if some does get in causing non-opioid mediated responses (brain anticipating opiates being put in therefore, causing a cascade of changes that would occur with an opiate that DOES get through and act at mu receptors and such).

3. Spucky

Spucky Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    AW: Loperamide Complete Effects From A "Veteran"

Hmmm, i have nothing against People who are looking for a high
    but i think the People need to do this in a responsible manner,
    what that guy done is un-responsible!

Never ever start to play with the Pgp-Pump

There are already countless Threads about this Topic ;)

4. traind2go

traind2go

Reputation Points:

its not a placebo effect becuz of the changes in my body i noticed. pupils, nodding, ect, warm feeling all over. i agree some placebo effects can be felt with some things but i doubt i would have a strong placebo reaction to ALL the effects u get from taking opioids

thats the shit im talking about with spucky, keep this thready strictly with loperamide, this isnt a damn thread for right or wrong or morals or laws. this is a thread about using drugs for drug users. if u dont like it or thinks its irresponsible then dont read or post jesus i just knew somebody had to say something

5. imyourlittlebare

Reputation Points:
    The placebo effect can occur in pain reduction through endogenous opioid activity. A person could show all the signs of opioid intoxication if the conditions were right. Like I said, look at conversion disorders. Not that its the best comparison but a person can be totally paralyzed in a leg, feel no pain response or a person can be entirely blind but it comes and goes as well as the fact its not the result of anything organic. It just, happens. And its a mystery.

6. traind2go

traind2go

Reputation Points:

well ive taken it 3 times this week and each time is the same effects. i wake up with the same effects its hard to believe this is all placebo, im high there is no doubt in my mind after 10 years ok i think i know the difference. yes i appear intoxicated and feel intoxicated placebo doesnt get this real otherwise it wouldnt b a placebo effect. PLEASE BELIEVE MEH!

7. imyourlittlebare

Reputation Points:
    Still havent had time, but have you looked into how the drug affects periphery besides digestive tract?

8. traind2go

traind2go

Reputation Points:

right now the drug is still working but the effects it has on my body are kinda annoying. becuz of all the fillers and binders my lymph nodes are swollen under my neck and my throat is sore. my eyes has a little hard time focusing in. i feel very sleepy all the time. going to the bathroom is weird, its not like other opiates. pissing is frequent and often and shitting is well there is none. there are no orgasms to be hard but a 90% erection can be gotten. slight headache but it goes away.

9. Balzafire

Balzafire Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Thank you for posting your experiments with Loperamide trained2go.
    My pet alien is more interested in the effects it has on your pets withdrawal status from opiates, though.
    Please describe your pets daily opiate use habits and the effects of taking Loperamide without taking other opiates. Are you saying that LP is the only opiates your pet has taken over the last week? If so, how does the pet feel in relation to how it would feel if no drugs at all had been consumed during that period?

10. traind2go

traind2go

Reputation Points:

2 weeks ago daily opiate habit for my wuppy= 60MG of oxycodone orally a day, and 5 MG of fentanyl sublingual a DAY every DAY
    total opiate use=10 years Habit=Large Training Experience=Extensive*************

Currently my pet isnt physically addicted to other opiates,but was in the 3rd day of oxycodone WD my wuppy would feel just almost normal without the LP with a little RLS and aches but the LP knocks it all away like a champ and numbs like a shot of heroin with the depressant effects of valium. LP makes my wuppy feel high for 3 days straight. my wuppy is beginning to think he will never use another illegal/prescribed opiate again.

Update:
    Today was the 72hr mark the high could still be felt tho not as strong, just purchased another 40 pills for [price discussion is against the rules] bucks. took them and zoom off we go again. it takes about 90-120 for effects and 240min for the peak feeling. Nodding to the extreme now, talking to the GF but dick will not get hard. looks to be another 72 hour strong nodd for only [price discussion is against the rules] bucks again.

im not sure if WD will occur with cessation of the LP but i felt a hotchill earlier but i think that is just the "coming down" not a WD sympton. i will continue to explain each day how i feel.

Bonus Note:

my cat will be recieving a fentanyl patch next week, he will test it with the LP to see how the effects will go but frankly he is scared this time for the first time in years with opiates...

11. phenythylamine

phenythylamine

Reputation Points:
    Please note, Abusing fentanyl patches could be extremely deadly, It is an extremly potent opioid, more potent than morphine or heroin and it is extremely easy to OD on.

if you still decide to do this, do not under any circumstances inject fentanyl, smoking it is the safest way but its still very dangerous. plus its not quite as euphoric as OC or H (afoafs never done H but so I hear.)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  12. traind2go

traind2go

Reputation Points:

thx for my pets concern but ive he was doing fentanyl when totse.c0m was still running ;)

traind2go added 90 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

its 1:32 am and im nodding hard, its time for bed(<

13. Killa Weigha

Killa Weigha

Reputation Points:
    Hey, If I could get an opiate "placebo effect" I'd never leave the house! Seriously, there is no point in arguing whether or not it's a placebo effect when someone is relating a drug experience. The man "feels" high, the man "is" high. How could you argue otherwise? We're not curing cancer here after all. Lighten up.

14. phenythylamine

phenythylamine

Reputation Points:
    your right I meant to say micrograms but I would still be wrong, there is a 25microgram patch. still what I said applies, fentanyl is easy to OD on, and abusing fentanyl patches is pretty dangerous.

and to the poster above, I also agree, who cares if its a placebo effect, its an effect none the less, if psychological pain can seem so real, why not psychological pleasure.

15. imyourlittlebare

Reputation Points:
    It was my strong belief that it wasnt quite a placebo effect. That with that dose the drug worked on the periphery (opiate receptors throughout the body, chemical reactions in the brain in response to opiate receptors being activated in body). I just wanted to look up some research on it to see what exactly is happening not trying to bust balls and I dont think anyone has. Doesnt matter one way or another but thanks OP for putting your experiences up! Good stuff and very helpful.

16. traind2go

traind2go

Reputation Points:

Update: after 36 of last dose i am starting to feel hot and cold chills and my nose is runny a lil, is that a placebo WD effect or a real symptom becuz ive bee getting high lmao

17. imyourlittlebare

Reputation Points:
    Comparison of the peripheral and central effects of the opioid agonists loperamide and morphine in the formalin test in rats.

Shannon HE, Lutz EA.
    Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA. shannon_harlan_e@lilly.com
    Abstract

The effects of the peripherally restricted opioid agonist loperamide were compared to those of morphine in the formalin test in rats. Both loperamide and morphine were efficacious in producing antihyperalgesia after both subcutaneous and intracisternal administration. The antihyperalgesic effects of peripherally administered loperamide and morphine were antagonized by both naloxone and its quaternary derivative naloxone methiodide. The effects of intracisternally administered loperamide and morphine were antagonized by naloxone SC. However, quaternary naloxone SC did not block the effects of intracisternally administered loperamide, and, quaternary naloxone blocked intracisternally morphine only at a dose approximately 10-fold higher than that required to block peripherally administered morphine. In addition, approximately 10-fold higher doses of naloxone administered SC were required to antagonize loperamide compared to doses required to antagonize morphine when the agonists were administered subcutaneously, suggesting that the effects of loperamide might be mediated by opioid receptors different from those which mediated the effects of morphine. However, neither the kappa-receptor selective antagonist nor-binaltorphimine nor the delta-receptor selective antagonist naltrindole blocked the effects of either opioid agonist. The present results are consistent with the interpretation that the antihyperalgesic effects of opioid agonists can have both a peripheral and a central component of action, and that the peripheral component of action is sufficient to produce antihyperalgesia in the formalin test after peripheral administration. The present results provide further evidence that peripherally restricted opioid agonists might provide clinically useful treatment of some pain states, in particular pain states that might involve sensitization of peripheral nociceptors.

There, had time to run the simple search.

"Anxiety can lead to manifestation of pseudo withdrawal as
    well as other symptoms, including gastrointestinal distress which may be more related to
    the anxiety of starting naltrexone than to actual opiate withdrawal. Wherever possible,
    the patient should be evaluated for up to 6 to 10 hours following naltrexone induction."- Naltrexone Treatment for Post Opiate Detoxification- 2002 AEGIS Medical Systems

Its happened. Again, I want to point out that I dont think this is pseudo-withdrawal symptoms but they do occur for various reasons in a number of people and many people maintained on pain medications do not experience as severe withdrawal symptoms, if any, as drug abusers do who use the same dose (DSM-IV-TR). I think since loperamadine acts peripherally, SWIY responded to it positively. Especially if one is in total withdrawal and the periphery is about to experience some bad effects, a drug that acts peripherally to relieve that stress can cause euphoria since the negative is avoided. So again, not saying the effects were false. Just not attributable to the exact mechanisms OP stated nor placebo (the definition of placebo we are using)

18. traind2go

traind2go

Reputation Points:

"imyourlittlebare" i completely agree with u and ur opinions, i have thought about the placebo effects and such and i believe it is possible with some drugs, but im happy to say its just not the care here bro. these are real effects im feeling from my CNS and the WDs today were starting to get bad no just anxiety i didnt have alot of that becuz i knew icould buy some more LP from the store (which i did)

however i am finding tolerance is also developing rapidly after the first 5 or so doses

19. Alex C

Alex C

Reputation Points:
    On the one hand, thanks for the experimental contribution on a such controversial subject (Loperamide).

On the other hand, please try to remember the rules of the forum as you type, and also, please be more kind! This will maintain this community safe and sound.

Thanks,
    Alex C

20. SunnyHours

SunnyHours Newbie

Reputation Points:
    What would be the dangers of consuming large quantites of Loperamide? Hypothetically, if SWIM were to consume some Lansoprazole (P-GP inhibitor) and GF Juice with 24mg of Loperamide. Also note that the user of the hypothetical experiment isn't a newbie to Opiates but doesn't use them everyday (anymore)...
    Would consuming large doses of Imodium be that much worse than consuming high quantities of Morphine or Codeine or other quite constipating opiate?

SunnyHours added 71 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

SWIM found his information...he'll share it with y'all:

Source

SWIM wonders how the Lansoprazole (Permeability GlycoProtein inhibitor) will help with crossing the BBB...SWIM will update tomorrow after the experiment...Also thinking of adding a bottle of Tonic Water (Quinine, a PGP inhibitor as well) to the mix...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011