1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Opinions - lorazepam, midazolam, nitrazepam comparisons?

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by pancho, Jan 17, 2007.

1. pancho

pancho Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Jul 15, 2004
    from Minnesota, U.S.A.
    could some please explain to me how lorazepam, midazolam, and nitrazepam compare to other downers (i.e. xanax, valium, klonopin) I am not to familar with these Rx's and would like insite before experimenting. thank you
  2. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Nov 3, 2005
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    Re: lorazepam, midazolam, nitrazepam?

I am prescribed lorazepam and its supposed to be in your system for roughly 10-12hrs (one of the longer acting benzos compared to xanax) and it isnt as intoxicating as xanax, what SWIM means by that is they give you a very nice calming feeling that is enjoyable dont get me wrong. it just wont get you feeling drunk like xanax.
  3. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Oct 16, 2005
    from U.K.

SWIJ finds Lorazepam very calming, a sort of insulated and "wrapped-in-cottonwool" feeling. However, it also gives a very thick-headed, sedated benzo hangover feeling the next day, which she finds very unpleasant. She has only one experience with Midazolam, which was iv, and which made her feel very euphoric, disinhibited and sexual. She has no experience with Nitrazepam.
  4. Lehendakari

Lehendakari Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 28, 2006
    from spain

Did SWIJ inject a medical preparation or a crushed pill?
  5. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 27, 2006
    from The Netherlands

Midazolam is a real knock out benzo, which is only used in a hospital setting for pre-anesthesia in most countries.
    It is prescribed in pill form in a few countries, but due to it's ultra short half life, it's very addictive, and only prescribed in rare cases.
    I am lucky to have aquired a pack of Roche Dormicums, and he finds them very euforic, and also very handy for when he wants to be knocked-out fast.
    SWIM dislikes Lorazepam, because he doesn't seem to feel anything from it, though most benzo users like it(I amn't into benzo's)
  6. quartze

quartze Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Mar 15, 2008
    from hong_kong
    SWIM and a friend each swallowed 7.5mg and snorted 7.5mg. I couldnt remember how he got home that night. In Hong Kong we call Dormicums 'Blue Fairies', thats the chinese name for the Smurfs. Anyone know how much valium is equal to 15mg of Midazolam?
  7. sleepwalker

sleepwalker Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    May 26, 2009
    46 y/o
    I was looking for Lorazepam 4mg/ml vails and ran into 30cc bottles 2mg/ml.Oral called INTENSOL.Swim was gonna use it IM, can you use the oral-variety to INJECT IM.
    the only difference in formula is that the vails have benzylalcohol21mg/ml added..all advice wouldt be apprecited.

sleepwalker added 6 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  8. Venusia

Venusia Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    May 27, 2009
    from U.S.A.
    Midazolam is used in anesthetics for surgery, either in conscious sedation or before a general. It is crazy good. Swiv loves when they use it before a surgery because it is the best benzo she's ever had. It makes her feel so light and happy. She doesn't even care that a man is about to cut her open, it's that good. :laugh:

Lorazepam is a very fast and short acting benzo. Swivy is so not sensitive to benzos that she only feels quite a bit calmer after it kicks in. Never got any euphoria off of it, but it does give the hangover Jatelka mentioned. Swivy uses it to sleep sometimes.

And nitrazepam is not avalable in the US that Swivy can find. She had never even heard of it until she came to D-F.

All the benzos You mentioned are all subtly unique. Xanax (alprazolam) gets swivy tired and a bit apathetic. It's good when she needs her head to turn off before sleeping. Diazepam just gives swiv a slightly "all is groovy" sort of feeling, but it is very subtle too. Klonopin (clonazepam) is swivy's daytime benzo of choice. It just makes her calmer without making her sleepy.
  9. zulu1690

zulu1690 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jun 9, 2009
    I was prescribed nitrazepam a few years back,it's a 24 hour buzz whereas diazepam is a short acting and temazepam is a longer acting,nitrazepam is the longer acting.I was only prescribed 1 weeks worth as the doc said I could easily get dependent.