Loss of euphoric and prosexual effects

Discussion in 'GHB' started by MrG, Mar 20, 2007.

1. MrG

MrG Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Pharmacological studies repeatedly point to there being no issue of physiological tolerance when prescribing Xyrem (GHB) to patients for long-term use. This is all well and good if you are seeking to take GHB in pharmacological doses in order to knock you out for sleep at night.

This is not so well and good if your lab monkey prefers to take repeated, smaller doses throughout the evening in order to enjoy the euphoric and prosexual buzz that G offers the recreational user.

Experience shows that, after using G in this way for an extended period, the recreational user will find that they no longer get to enjoy the same buzz. Unfortunately, unlike some other substances, the solution is not as easy as simply taking more, or bigger, doses - this will only result in sending the user to sleep.

I have used GHB for just over four months now and has found that the effects have diminished substantially since his first weeks of using. His dosing pattern has been this:

1 month of almost daily evening use (repeated (x5+_) small doses (1.5g+_) taken over the course of the evening)
    10 days +_ break while awaiting new delivery for conversion before continuing use as before

He must also advise that each evenings' use is usually combined with smoking mj so he would be interested to hear from people who's lab monkeys do not use GHB with mj to see if that has an effect on the diminishing buzz.

Please post your observations regarding regular GHB or GBL use. State what dosing pattern is used over what period and subjective experiences resulting from this use in respect to loss of quality high.

2. jim1965

jim1965 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have been on a daily dose for 6 weeks now, kicking off with 1 ml GBL (1.6g GHB) at two hour intervals - this sometimes went as high as 2.5ml.

having read a few FAQ;s, SWIM decided to convert via SodiumBic method for "cleaner & less work for body" - 2g at a time.

No other substances used over thsi time period

the thing is, SWIM never achieved euphoria during any session - tends to go from nothing to feeling drunk/nausea. One xception was when SWIM woke at 4am two days ago and experienced rushes like MDMA and totally +ve experience - I am not sure if this was dream/wishful thinking - unfortunately I tried to get back to sleep and was successful (anyone care to comment?)

SWIM Verdict: substance does change reality but SWIM not really sure if its good buzz or not...SWIM continuing "experimentation with dosage" for a few more weeks.

Oh, and I have a Monkey who is very experienced with substances but not G and I am using the Monkey as a control in the experiment - the monkey will report back over weekend

3. jim1965

jim1965 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    sorry I should've said evenings only!

4. MrG

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    TF you said evenings only! For a moment I thought your monkey was stating that he was into 24/7 dosing - not good.

GHB is definitely less work for the body than GBL.

As for not achieving a euphoric state I think it is probably down to your lab monkey taking doses that are too far apart. Slightly smaller doses taken at 25-30min intervals should see your monkey achieving a nice whooshy euphoric buzz long before drowsiness has a chance to set in.

But as mentioned in my first posting in this thread, I have had to lay off the GHB for a couple of weeks to see if he can find his mojo with it again.

He is planning on partying with his wife tonight as his birthday is this weekend but he has G and Charlie prepared for the evening so that doesn't count as much of an experiment because he knows that combo is always a winner!

It's just that G on its own seems to have faded in its ability to have fun in the bit *between* taking it and falling asleep!

5. jim1965

jim1965 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ah-ha...I need to use what brain thats left - so smaller amount more regularly is the key :) My monkey is dry for the weekend to get back to baseline before starting new experiments.

sounds like your monkey is in for a top weekend and happy birthday to him too.

SWIM wonders if your loss is like all other things, your monkey's brain just gets bored with the substance - my monkey is currently on a vacation from MDMA due to loss of magic - hence his dabbling in the sodium salt ;)

6. garbled

garbled Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from switzerland
    Probably the primary thing with GHB is the setting. I know people who have hammered GHB all day long with ZERO results doing something as leisurely as watching golf on TV. When the comment was raised that hours and hours of trying wasn't producing the expected result, SWIM literally flipped a switch and had them all totally fucked up. The switch? Mood.

The simple act of closing the TV stand and switching on loud trance music energized the room and allowed everyone present to slip into a nice deep euphoric state of mind. I have seen it happen all too often. People talking, thinking, figuring, too focused, consume enough GHB to put a horse down, still standing, scratching their heads wondering why they were still standing. Pop in the car, flip on the CD player, bang: out of their minds.

Whatever the setting, GHB amplifies it. Have an argument with your partner? GHB makes it worse. Crankin' up a party? GHB makes it better. The next time you are experiencing loss of euphoria and prosexual effects, change your mood. Turn off the tellie, turn on some good music, change the setting entirely, and you will see different results. That's why charlie works, it immediately sparks and enlivens you, and the GHB amplifies the effect.

7. MrG

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Excellent point there Garbled. Something that I hadn't actually considered either. Too old, too tired - let the train take the strain.

Well observed about how G doesn't help when being in a bad mood with your partner. SWIM acknowledges this to be very true.

I will definitely try a few mood setting adjustments in the future.

Trouble is that SWIM and his wife flump down on the sofa at the end of the day, flick on the tube and gouch with a few joints. I suppose they were actually being quite lazy in their expectations of how the G should have to make the effort itself.

"Come on you bastard, work! - Where's my fucking euphoria!!!!!" - not quite the holistic approach I guess.

8. garbled

garbled Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from switzerland
    Not, not quite.

The problem with G is that it is not a thinking drug. It doesn't entertwine with television or movies very well at all. I have known those who killed G buzzes reading discussion forums like this one while high. It just doesn't work well when you are having to concentrate so hard although it will work fine with music videos. But soften the lights, turn up the music and let your ears take over for your eyes, and the buzz flows from within. Quite odd, but very accurate.

9. jim1965

jim1965 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    garbled/mrG,

having read your posts and the forum in general, it occurs to SWIM that I am clearly not getting this right :(

SWiM has tried experiments as follows:

1g every half hour up to 4g -> sleep
    0.5g every half hour up to 4g -> I feel a bit relaxed but nothing like described?
    2g straight ->I feel slightly drunk for want of better description
    3g - >sleep

to cut to chase, i need some advice...I am 12st and seems to either get minimal effects or conk out - is SWIM just expecting too much or do i need some trance music - not ideal for 40+ bloke ;)

10. MrG

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    WooHoo, SWIM just got his delivery of 5L of GBL today and cooked up his first batch of GHB.

Him and his wife just took 7.5ml (1.5g) each about 30 mins ago and they are both feeling a nice buzz right now as they have not had any for a couple of weeks. Otherwise they often don't feel the buzz until the second dose has had time to hit.

Now its time for a second dose of 5ml (1g)

jim, your lab monkey probably needs to dose a similar pattern of at least 1.5g initial with 1g followed within 20/30 mins. After that point it is down to how toasted You wants to get.

I have found that (asides from stopping for a couple of weeks to drop the tolerance level) a larger starting dose than normal followed by a smaller dose at 20/30 min and then dropping it to redosing intervals of 45 mins normally suffices.

But as garbled said, the set and setting will play an important factor. Also whether your lab monkey has had his dinner or not will affect the absorbtion rate.

Woosh, head spinny. I think my toast is about ready . . . . . . !

11. jim1965

jim1965 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ta MrG...sounds like your off and running!...got SWIM's monkey in the mood for a go too...

so, he's gonna get 1.5g, then 1g after 30 mins...lets see how he gets on ;)

12. jim1965

jim1965 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yee-ha....success. SWIM finally got a tiptop night last night on G!...2g starter for ten followed by 1g at 45 min intervals - nice buzzin effect and no sleep :)

thanks to all for advice!

13. MrG

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Excellent. Now You will be able to fine tune that dosing pattern to suit!

14. jim1965

jim1965 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thanks MrG for your patience with a novice...best part is no hangover (apart from obvious benefits). SWIM loves fact work on Mondays are no problem even flying till 12 midnight on a Sunday - this stuff is ace - try doing that on the ale!

15. garbled

garbled Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from switzerland
    Glad to hear you finally had success, mate. MrG made an important point about the contents of the lab money's stomach, the emptier the better. Now, as for the music: it doesn't have to be trance music, but rather music your lab monkey enjoys. My lab monkey used to really enjoy watching and listening to the Eagles' "Hell Freezes Over Tour" DVD set. Anything that invokes positive memories played loud will work. (For some reason, I can see some individual in Bangladesh with pre-recorded sitar music blaring through a boom box, dancing his ass off.)

Be forewarned: Do not play music that invokes bad memories or emotions in your lab monkey, or you will see you lab monkey crying his eyes out while high as a kite. NOT pretty.

16. jim1965

jim1965 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    good info there garbled - I will try the music trigger this week sometime - mood is everything it seems ;)

17. garbled

garbled Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from switzerland
    Post back, Jim, and let us know how your friend made out.

18. supremedan

supremedan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    I have been taking BDO for the last 6 months 3-4 times a week on parties like raves and night clubs and some times for sex.

I have enough experience to know that G builds tollerance and no longer euphorics effects are felt.

when I started taking BDO he would feel a rush similar to MDMA....really euphoric, light and with lots of dorwsiness.....ASWOME!!! and por sexual effects were aswome too...

after long time dosing this last 3 months evey time it seems G is less euphoric. It still puts me relaxad and in a good mood, but it does not give me any euphoria anymore, neither prosexual effects and neither drownsiness anymore......

still pretty good....if you use it too frequently the euphoria rush will dissipate but it will still put you in a good mood.

I will give 2 months off to see if he can return and have that aswome rush he used to have when he started taking G.

PEACE!!

19. MrG

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    bumpity bump

20. PolyFractus

PolyFractus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Since SWIMrG is bumping how about updating us on his current usage, euphoria and prosexual effects?