Low dose D-Amphetamine suppr. Norepinephrine

Discussion in 'Pharmacology' started by stoneinfocus, Apr 12, 2007.

1. stoneinfocus

stoneinfocus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I always thought that there´s a great deal of receptro dowregulation and doses for a medical regime are usually thought to produce proper figuers on paper and rarteyl take into account the effects of very low doese or acute and lo dose drug-actions, often by educated medics reffered to as placebo or subjective bullshit of placobo-induced wishful thinking of the reporting individual (when swim first used cortisone his 400mcg, which weren´t even oraly bioavailable to a great deal, though swims metabolism is/was a fuckin´ 2% bodyfat, pure muscle and extreme metabolic speed-machine without using any drugs, he felt an effect that was very consitently reproducable over the first, well spaced acute administrations, and included the feeling, that at the exact same time ~18-22min. the pill liberated a great deal of its drug or the drug being absorbed at a suitable place, maybe duodenum, maybe stomach, which was always like a booster that was fired, a speed-like mental sensitivation and higly elevated energy levesl, from an already highly trained ground-state).

But these effects wore off even when paused a month or so, or maybe beacuse of the poor oral bioavailability of the drug.

To cut a long story short, swim always felt, that a low dose of speed rahter had a tranquilizingf effect, than a speeding effect and since I was told that noradrenaline was a main-concern in psyxhotic behaviour, he suggested at least to himself, that those patients might profit from a desensitivation of
    firing ability, like an exacerbation would lead to a subsequent desenzitation and equilivrium of the desired mental state.

So maybe this theory might proof wrong, a low dose regime seems to do well, in this aspect:[http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/..._uids=7318907&query_hl=12&itool=pubmed_docsum
    </H2>

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  2. lulz

lulz Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I found this research so bizarre, I've been trying to figure out how it makes sense.

You might be interested in this research:

Like the research you posted, this confirms that low doses of amphetamine increase the activity of the hippocampus, which has an overall calming effect on the brain.

But what should interst you in particular was this sentence:

As I understand it, the main problem of high dose amphetamines is that the high levels of noradrenaline/norepinephrine reach levels where autoreceptor stimulation become significant.

If autoreceptor activity is a problem, then a norepi autoreceptor antagonist such as yohimbine would be beneficial, as the cited study supports.

Have you ever taken yohimbine? If low doses of amphetamine are causing such benefit for you, it definitely warrants experimentation with yohimbine, as this may achieve the same effect you're looking for.

I've read that BZP might be as effective on this autoreceptor as yohimbine, despite being about ten thousand times less potent in terms of affinity. If you've had positive results from BZP I seriously encourage experiments with yohimbine!

3. stoneinfocus

Reputation Points:
    Someone else asked me to relate the following:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2010
  4. stoneinfocus

Reputation Points:
    Swim just tried it a little yoimbine and a few (~1,5-3) mg of perv., a bit coke and it is def. very cool, all very low dose, exept yohimbine, being about 7mg.

The opposite of stress even in stress-situations, very cool and stable, yet, fantastic endurance, seemingly resulting of an enhanced fat-metabolism,
    lighter breathing, also.

5. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    What is "perv."?

6. stoneinfocus

Reputation Points:
  7. stoneinfocus

Reputation Points:
    Ahh, autoreceptor is this stuff, that especially with exitatory amines produces the almost unique negative feedback loop, that´s caused by norepinephrine itself... ususally it´s a whole lot of other mechanisms and effector drugs,. that will cause a casced, that then will cause an inhibition of the "starting" compound, but with norepi it´s norepi itself.