LSA Extraction Variation

Discussion in 'LSA seeds' started by PsychicTraveler, Oct 12, 2006.

1. PsychicTraveler

PsychicTraveler Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Hypothetically, when extracting LSA, the non-polar solvent takes some junk out, then the alcohol extracts the good from the remaining bad. (Alcohol is supposed to leave bad stuff that H2O would take with into the final product.)

So, in order to exclude any alcohol from the dosing, would it be possible to let the alcohol solution evaporate to a powder, then rehydrate with water?

Does anyone know what that does do to the "three forms of LSA" that one wants to keep in balance for the best trip?

Any obvious negatives to this procedure? Will too much LSA get destroyed when letting the alcohol evaporate?

2. Powdered Sugar

Powdered Sugar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    SWIM evaporated his last batch down to a powder and after scraping out of the pan it was in he was left with a little bit he couldnt scrape up so he added a little water to it swished it around and was left with a light brown liqued he drank and had a light trip (note it was a very small amount of the powder) the stuf he did scrape up was dissolved in a mixed drink wich also worked very well. swim favorite way to injeste now wich You might like evapoating it down just to the point were its still liquid but very potent and putting it on a suger cube wich you can let dry (in a dark cool place). and you left with an lsa cube.

3. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    Convenient, but I read that it is important that LSA be taken as a liquid.
    A little bottle is nearly as convenient anyway, so no big deal.

4. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    I think SWIM might get a little bottle with an eyedropper in it for this...

The mixed drink idea sounds interesting. Might add a real kick to some absinthe.

5. Powdered Sugar

Powdered Sugar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    hmm i didnt know that, why is that ?

6. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    The theory is that the ballance of the three together makes up a psychedelic experience that no single isolated variation of LSA alone can give.

That's the theory, anyway.

7. Powdered Sugar

Powdered Sugar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Swim Actually just but his in an eye dropper after letting it evaporate down a little. hes going to try it tonight with a buch of his friends hes going to drip one dropper one a suger cube per person and eat them right after the extract has been applied this way it will still be in liquid form.

8. Powdered Sugar

Powdered Sugar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    oh yeah and swimm say the xixed drink with lsa was the best experience hes had. so with absinthe im sure it would be unbelivable. just becareful when mixing.

9. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    As long as you don't use a flame to prepare it.
    Unless the LSA was in the added water.

But that might be getting carried away (unless you're really into ritual).

10. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    But we're getting off-topic here.

Mentioned in the FAQ's on LSA is an extraction method that involves grinding, Naphtha, drying, WATER, evaporation, then adding alcohol to liquefy again.

I think this extraction method would be a bad idea because water is supposed to take more negative substances from the seeds that the alcohol leaves behind. Also, slow evaporation from water will leave the delicate molecule in an environment that will cause it to degrade. On the other hand, I believe the quick evaporation of alcohol might be less destructive?

So, wouldn't it make more sense to do the ALCOHOL extraction, then evaporation, and reliquefy with WATER?

11. Powdered Sugar

Powdered Sugar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    yes. that what i was saying when i said I did the alcohol extraction evaportated it and then but it in water which worked very well even at a small dose.

12. Powdered Sugar

Powdered Sugar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    why does You want a water extract over an alcohol one? if you dont mind me asking.

13. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    I also read somewhere that the LSA will "come back to life" so to speak (all three forms of LSA present) if you put it in water for somewhere around 4 hours.

14. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    That was what I was wondering. I tried looking for the FAQ that suggested it, but I can't find it right now.

Also strange was found in the Erowid MG extraction #1
    http://www.erowid.org/plants/morning_glory/morning_glory_extraction1.shtml
    mentioned after an alcohol extraction was that "this residue could be smoked eaten or whathaveyou." From what I've gathered, heat destroys LSA, so smoking would be a bad idea.

I guess there's just a lot of sketchy info out there and just because it's on a semi-trusted site, that doesn't make it gospel.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  15. Powdered Sugar

Powdered Sugar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    yeah im pretty positive heat destroys it. because i heard a report of some kids step by step extraction. he put it out in the sun to evaporate the napatha. and did the same to evaporate the everclear. it ended up not working wich i figure was because the heat and the sunlight destroyed the lsa

16. Powdered Sugar

Powdered Sugar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    so did it say if you you put it in water only it will come back to life? not alcohol?

17. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points: