LSD after Tramadol

Discussion in 'Tramadol' started by Memantine, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Memantine

Memantine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Hello, first of all, i want to say i posted these same questiins n the LSD forum, please excuse me if it disobeys rules, but i find it very urgent my siuation plus in the lsd forum i havent even had too many views, anyways, ive read that tramadol diminishes the effects of lsd somewhere in this forums and elsewhere i think because of its SSRI properties or something. Tommorow I wanna trip at the zoo, would the Tramadol fuck my trip quality or it will be out of my system by that time? (tramadol has a half-life of 7 hours, it will be more than 14 hours before i may take the tab, even more i guess)...

2. Be-Bop

Be-Bop Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I reckon worrying about it will diminish your trip's 'quality' more than any affect of the Tramadol.... Just enjoy the zoo!

Be-Bop.

3. Memantine

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    hehe you think its a good idea to trip at the zoo? the only inconvenience i think would be the smell and some sad animals, and of course the children so i guess ill trip at the zoo on a day without much concurrence (anyways, give me your personal ideas about tripping at the zoo or other place [like a decadent circus]). another thing is, since english is not my first language i didnt quite get your response: you reckon (regard) about it will diminish my trip more than any effect of the tramadol? what do you mean, like, if i thought it could make worse things than lowering the quality of my trip? anyways, if you have any idea for how long i should stop taking tramadol before taking lsd please let me know, i like to indulge in tramadol (altho some of you might find it crap) but im more than avalable to abstain from it so next time im prepared and not checking the forum every 5 mins. as i said, its half life is 7 hours but its strange, after more than 12 hours my nose still itches...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  4. Be-Bop

Be-Bop Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I don't even know what tramadol is..tho' since it is in this forum, i figure it is some kind of opiate based pill????

What i mean't primal440...was that i think you worrying about the effect of the Tramadol would diminish your trip more than any effect of a pill you took the day before!!

If you are concerned about it...don't take any for a couple of days! But i think the most important thing is to enjoy the LSD. Have fun!!!!Be-Bop.

5. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Tramodol is a rather yummy synthietic opioid that mainly works as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor (think Prozac), but also binds to certain opiate receptors.

Now, with tramadol being an ssri and acid being a partial serotonin agonist (=booster), it may be an idea to lay off the tramadol for a day or so to be on the safe side, although as you say it does have a pretty short half-life. Be careful with maoi's also.

Be-Bop. Top tip for ya - before dispensing advice, do a bit of homework. Especially if as you say, you don't know what you're talking about! Not doing so can be dangerous. Be safe! [​IMG] Edited by: Micklemouse

6. Be-Bop

Be-Bop Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Yeah your right Micklemouse... My apologies primal440!

Be-Bop.

Tho' i thought i was on pretty safe ground in regards to a pill on the 'Opium, heroin etal' forum, this is the first time i have heard of an opiod pill that also contains an SSRI component?? I went & had a look at some of the other threads onTramadol, & couldn't find any mention of the serotonin part...why the combination anyway? People that are depressed & in pain? Anyway, i'll keep my mouth shut in future..Edited by: Be-Bop

7. Memantine

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    There is definitely an interaction between these substances, but it depends on the biological profile of each individual. I have seen many people taking acid with meds such as Zoloft, Paxil, etc. Upon questioning about the effects everyone reacted differently, but there was always a reduction in the overall quality of the experience.