Health - LSD and antibiotics?

Discussion in 'LSD' started by Dalfir, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Dalfir

Dalfir Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Colorado, U.S.A.
    I am going to a weekend Psytrance outdoor party this Saturday and has expressed interest in trying acid. They've experience in psilocybin and had a very enjoyable trip in the same environment with 2 grams of shrooms.

However, they'll be on day 3 out of 5 of an antibiotic (Sandoz levofloxacin, a 20.1.1 medium to broad spectrum antibiotic)course for an ear infection. Is mixing this with LSD a good idea? Are shrooms a safer substitute?

I am planning on having a tab at midnight, is it ok to induldge in some marijuana during the afternoon preceeding?

I will appreciate your advice greatly.

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Taking any recreational chemical while being treated for an illness with an antibiotic is not a good idea. Neither is I am partying. A loud band with an ear-infection? SWIM must be a glutton for punishment! LOL! Waiting until I am well would be advisable.

3. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I agree. It's not a good idea to take a substance that will cause you to stay out all night dancing with loud music in the cold night air.... with an ear infection. Bad idea. Swip recomends You stays at home and rests, and let's their immune system build to get over that infection. There will be another psytrance outdoor party, probably the next weekend.

4. Dalfir

Dalfir Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Colorado, U.S.A.
    This is where the unfortunate contradiction comes in :( Forumites on another psychedelic forum mentioned that while it's advisable not to do drugs whilst sick, LSD wouldn't have any adverse effects on SWIM as there'd be no interaction with the antibiotic.

If SWIM were feeling sickly, he'd definitely give it a miss, however he's in good health and is keeping to his gym routine and college lectures. In fact, I saw him at a club tonight. If he had flu-like symptoms, he'd definitely stay at home.

This is going to be the last outdoor party of the season that he'll be able to attend, and a good, expansive setting without any negative distractions will most probably not be available for a long time.

Also, I amn't much of a dancer. While he enjoys the sounds of Psytrance, most of the parties he's been to where he's used psilocybin have been spent away from the noise in a somewhat quiet area (This is South Africa - plus it's a very hot summer - we're talking about. Outdoor parties = huge with very warm nights.)

I am of course eager and very excited. So excuse the enthusiasm on his behalf.

Would the aforementioned advice be given to someone who'd enjoy a sober party, or is it specificly related to the substance and its effects?

Also, doesn't You think it's somewhat of a good omen that SWIM's antibiotics are manufactured by Sandzor? :D

5. Dalfir

Dalfir Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Colorado, U.S.A.
    PS: I don't mean to show any disrespect to the advice given, he just wants me to lay out all the facts of the setting, which he believes is the most optimal.

6. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    While it is true that there will be no interaction between LSD & antibiotics, it is also true that taking psychedelics whilst unwell on any level is not advisable. There is a risk of lowered immune system, probably more from the lack of sleep than the LSD itself, although tripping itself can be quite physically tiring, be it with Shrooms or LSD, which could potentially affect the action of the antibiotics, or open SWiY to further infection. However, by day 3 of a course, there should be a good amount of antibiotic in his system. A Certain Mouse tells me his main concern would be a flare up of the ear infection - the thought of dealing with ear-ache whilst tripping on anything fills him with a fear unlike any other!

As for the marijuana, should be no problem if the trip went well.

7. Dalfir

Dalfir Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Colorado, U.S.A.
    I have no painful symptoms, other than a muffling in his ear, so any physical discomfort is pretty unlikely.

Thanks for the advice, I'll pass it on.

8. Dalfir

Dalfir Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Colorado, U.S.A.
    SWIM just got back from the party after having an inexplicable and incredbile time on LSD. He managed to grasp the concept of what God is, play with stars and understand the fundamental difference between fun and happiness.

Not too mention induldging in peanut butter pancakes ;)

9. mr. strawberry

mr. strawberry Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i was about to post that it didnt seem to matter that others psted it was a bad idea (in their profesional opinion) that it sounded like You were going to do it anyway and kind of hoping for a permission slip if you will from some of the highly knoledgable mods here.
    i dont think that anyone was really saying that lsd was going to make You more sick. i think the general message was that it certianly wont help and the night air and loud music and the energy swiy'd be putting out might not be good for it, however You did it anyway.
    its not my buisness that You did or didnt do it (truth is, i dont care)
    just so we are on the same page though...peanut butter pancakes...you have that down in the fun catagory not the happiness one right? lol

10. kumar

kumar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from Australia
    lsd & antibiotics

I am currently on Amoxicillin antibiotics... it is for a very bad cough/cold...
    I took lsd whilst having the cough cold and it was fine... I am considering taking lsd tonight and was wondering if anyone out there could tell me weather or not i should have it or not on account of being on antibiotics. if i did wat would/could happen???

thankyou

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2008