Health - LSD and Emotional Issues

Discussion in 'LSD' started by LeadCenobite, Jun 21, 2005.

1. LeadCenobite

LeadCenobite Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Recently my friend came to me asking if I wanted to buy some ecstacy. She could not believe the face I made when she asked that. The reason I made such a surprised face is because my view of that drug is horrible. All I hear is bad things about it. I told her no way would I be trying that so she asked about acid. Now there is a drug I would actually want to do. Hallucinants are always fun unless you are lost and confussed on them. Like say if someone makes u take them without you knowing. Then again her friend did ex thinking it was tylenol. That was what she was told.

Anyways on to my point. I am not too sure if acid would be safe for me to do. I am going through some tough times right now. My friend died not too long ago, i recently got anxiety issues, stress with moving etc. So I am wondering if I should buy some and save it for later on this summer when I am feeling much more emotionally and physically stable. How do you store lsd? and how long can you keep it for before it deteriorates? Also I have no idea about the hit ratio u need to take. I think one hit is all it takes right? I have not taken acid before so therefore I am a newb. I have done salvia, pot, hash oil, coke, shrooms, and messed with dxm.

If anyone can please share their thoughts or feelings towards LSD I would really appreciate that. I do not want to take such a powerful drug unrespectedly, I would rather read peoples opinions and see what others who have experimented with it say. Salvia Divinorum was not a drug I liked too much yet I did it 9 times. I must say I felt lost and confussed on it..it was unpleasent. Shrooms were great because I still was able to think and function, savlia however I could not. Is LSD anything like those two? I heard it was more like salvia..if so there is no way I could last 12 hours on LSD. I hope its more like shrooms..somehow I dont think it is.

Thanks for taking time to read and respond. -Jer

2. dmax

dmax Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    It's much closer to shrooms than salvia. Still, that doesn't mean
    it will be any fun, just because you liked shrooms. It can be
    either good or bad for your emotional state, and whether or not it is
    isn't really predictable. You may find that you get new
    prespective on your emotional issues/heal somewhat, or you may be sent
    to a place of loss and confusion that hurts you mentally. I find
    acid is much more often helpful and insightful than confusing and
    terrifying, but I can't give a blanket reccomendation.

In terms of storage, keep it out of light and preferably in a
    freezer. I wrap it in tin foil (or alluminum, whatever) and stick
    it in the freezer. Don't sweat it if it spends a few hours out of
    the fridge, just don't store it longterm in a warm place. Also,
    don't do stupid shit like pour water on it (Someone almost spilled a
    beer on mine once. Was not good.)

3. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    What to do, what to do?

LeadCenobite makes his opinion about LSD pretty clear: "acid. Now there is a drug I would actually want to do. Hallucinants are always fun, unless you are lost and confused on them."

The problem is: How will you know if after you take it, you are lost and confused on it? You will have to face that one on your own. A Trip is the most-personal thing a person can do.

You have a knee-jerk reaction to Ecstacy, but your friend did not know that it has such an awful reputation (as far as you have heard). I wonder where you heard all of the Bad stuff about Ecstacy? Not here on the Forum.

If you have already tried Mushrooms, you are in the ballpark, butLSD stands on its own.The main thing to do is, adequate preparation (at least for your first Trip). Get some good sleep.Have a friend with you (during at least part of the Trip). Plan what you would like to think about.

You obviously have some idea of how the experience may go (this is good); write this down, then during the Trip, you can read this (several times, even) to remind yourself why you are Tripping (and how it should be going). This helps strengthen your resolve.

LSD makes me more suggestible. If someone talks to me, I am more open to listening deeply to what they have to say. So, having a Guide along is the Insurance for a Good Trip. On the other hand, if you are kept talking to a person who can only think of downer things, it will take away (some of) your solidity.

Why are you taking LSD? A Peak Experience? What LSD can do is, give you something you ask yourself for. Ask for a Peak Experience. What is a Peak Experience? One thing for sure: It involves a powerful, positive feeling. This usually takes the form of: Life IS a Miracle. You see something that used to be a negative, and see that it is positive. Your whole life will change in that moment. A piece of the pain, is now a piece of the FUN.

Anyway, you may want to write-out a scenario for having a Peak Experience. What would you like to see? Write it down. (Write down 10, if you can think of them). This action helps pave the way for its fulfillment.

The worst that could happen is that you will have had Fun designing your first Trip. This Trip is just an Experiment. (All of Life is an Experiment.) Test it as a scientist. Thinking like this (in case the Trip wants to turn negative) makes the Trip more positive for me.

Another thought, it may be easier to takea small dose for your first Trip. Ask your supplier if it isStrong, some are probably 3 times stronger than others. If yes, consider taking a half-hit. Your second Trip will be a whole lot easier, so relax, you're almost home.Edited by: Solidly-here

4. unico_walker

unico_walker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Why are you so agaisnt E? The only bad thing about it is the fact its
    almost impossible to get actual E and not some shit being passed off as
    such[​IMG].

5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    To be perfectly honest, E is easier to handle for the average person.

Acid becomes a much purer, more fulfilling drug in time but it takes a while to master. Some say, that no-one can master acid, and if you do it often enough, bad trips and such become part of the territory.

6. LeadCenobite

LeadCenobite Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am skeptical about E because everyone says that you have to be careful not to overhydrate or dehydrate and that there are so many complications involved with it. I imagine it being much fun though. It's probably like a bounce in your step. It just seems risky..I probably will end up taking it someday though, knowing me[​IMG]. Im not too sure though.

Does anyone know how dangerous acid is? Can you die from tripping out too badly or would you have to do physical harm to your body like jump out a window or in front of a car (I have heard this has happened lol..at least it would be a fun death.) I dont really know what to expect on Acid. I guess thats why the first time doing a drug is either the scariest or the funnest. I would like to find out if you hallucinate for the whole 12 hours..or is it like every so often? Like everything u see is weird colours or crazy things melting and stuff? Sorry for being such a newb and having all these questions but I heard my friend did it and she saw black shadows everywhere and everything was scary looking. That would freak me out. I just get the impression that everything I look at might turn all evil and try attacking me..can you feel pain on lsd? Say if a hallucination started eating me and biting, could I feel that?

7. pcon

pcon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    there is no known case of anyone ever dying or overdosing on acid. the
    only thing is that you may do things you normally wouldn't do.
    but its not the drug that kills you its what you do. like jumping off a
    bulilding cuz you think you can fly, or eating your arm because you
    think its a plate of spaghetti, or stabbing your friend cuz you think
    he's the devil. acid is very powerful, especilly the kind i have
    gotten a hold of. once you truly trip you will know why they call
    it "tripping" it is a self awareness journey. definetly
    will change you forever. i once had an hour long conversation with my
    friend through telepathy and we both knew exactly what we were syaing
    and to this day remember it. and to answer your question your mind can
    (not always) but is capable of turning halluciantions into real
    things. if your mind thinks its real yes you will feel pain, but
    if you can keep your cool and tell yourself its not real and you know
    its not real then just ride it out. its a drug and wont last. one
    thing to always remember. if your friend "losses his shit" dont
    ever say "hey are you OK?" that only ma.kes that person think "
    what? is there something wrong with me?" always be positive.
    never say whats wrong with me just tell youe self everything
    is fine and i am ok.

8. pcon

pcon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    once you drop,(if its good and clen) it will be like a slap in the face
    after about 15 min. it will hit you like a ton of bricks but in a
    good way. its like blinking then seeing the whole world in a
    different way

9. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    If you don't know ... just throw out a question.

LeadCenobite. One of the problems with a Forum is that visitors don't read all of the Posts in a Thread (I, too, pick-and-choose). People come here to learn more about Drugs (of all kinds). When someone is un-lucky enough to read some negative news about their favorite Drug (or about one they are contemplating about trying), it can be upsetting. And, if they don't read a subsequent Post, refuting that "fact", they will pick-up excessive "baggage" about it.

When you stated (as fact) that one of the problems with taking LSD is DEATH, this screams out. I even wondered if you were privy to info I don't have. We psychonauts have enough to worry about, with the side-effects that are Real ... it's easy to get discouraged with those alone (much less ones which are not True).

There are many helpful people who want to help you (me included). All you have to do (to ease your mind) is: Ask a question about any weird Evils you have heard about. Someone (almost for sure) will inform you (and all of our other visitors) what the Truth is (as we see it).

But, Tripping is un-like any other activity. It opens parts of my mind (and soul) that I can't get to in regular times. Even me, when I carefully plan a Trip, many things happen which I didn't plan for. At these times, I roll with the punches. When I welcome any thought (without trying to run away from it), it becomes changed; I have seen it through the Magic ofa Trip.

Good luck in your Experiments. May you find a deeper meaning to your life ... you might as well, you have to live the same number of years, either way. So, put on your scientist mind. This is a chance to change the way I look at Life. After all, life is good (enough) anyway; when Iface it in the long view, life is an experiment.

There are many things I do1000s of times (like combing my hair), and I will do this same thing many more 1000s of times in the years to come; each time, I can try to do it well (or just carelessly). This way, every day (whether or not I am Tripping) I experiment (informally), by how I feel THAT day: Today is Good, I'll comb my hair well. OR, I am just trying to get through the day, so I don't care if I get it just right.Edited by: Solidly-here

10. Bojangles

Bojangles Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Personally when I am going through tough times I really enjoy tripping...it helps me think things thru. It also helps me get my head straight...

I have never tried Salvia but I have done plenty of shrooms. I find mushrooms to cause a lot more anxiety than my lovely LSD. Peace, love, and happines it what I would describe as an LSD trip. I have tripped many many times and have never had a bad trip...you are the only one who will know if you are ready for acid.

11. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    The LSD horror stories can freak a lot of people out. From what I've seen, you can almost tell whether a person will react well to LSD or not. A person who is comfortable with their character and who can handle intensity shouldn't have much problems with LSD on a small first-time dose.

I find that you can ease into a mushroom trip nicely but if you over consume, it can become a bit of a headfuck. As long as you don't do ridiculous amounts though, they're generally pretty safe.

I find that most people can handle Es quite well. I've never seen someone react to it badly mentality and as long as you follow the basic guidelines and are relatively healthy, you'll be ok.

12. unico_walker

unico_walker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well freaking out is always a possibility, same with anything even
    alcohol. I know plenty of people who have broken their hand trying to
    punch through walls or end up coming to naked behind a kmart or
    something even on nothing but vodka so you can't say it won't happen.

Its just very rare.

13. LeadCenobite

LeadCenobite Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thank you for all your help. I now understand that I must truely take a trip to find out how how the acid trip is. I know I am ready to enter this mystical void but it is my friend now I am concerned about. She wants to try it with me too but I am worried that she is not strong enough to handle it. Maybe I should just let her do it scince it is her decision. Is there anyway to take half a hit for both of us on our first time so we don't experience anything too powerful for us?

14. uqlfy

uqlfy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ahh Im probably gonna get flamed for this. Just remember before flaming me LSD isnt all that easy to OD on.

Take 2 hits even if its strong. Have a Sitter whos tripped before</span>. If your gonna trip trip. </span>I
    personally hate that feeling of "not quite there yet" then I get all
    anxious waitin for the peak which never comes and have a less than
    satisying experience. If its your first trip make it safe</span></span>and memorable.</span>

Let us know how it works out whatever you decide. I always like tales of someones firat experience.

15. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Of course you can take a half a hit, or less, more...whatever. And toss some beer in the fridge or picnic basket as brake-fluid if you wish. Ten Points: She has a wondeful time communing with blades of grass and flowers, as you sit and worry about her! LOL! Just kidding!

Have fun!

16. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Half-a-Hit ... it could be a Big Hit.

There are 2 trains-of-thought for taking LSD: (1) Start small, so you are not overwhelmed with this new World you willsee, and (2) Take 2 Hits, and just dive right in.

What you can use to decide is: Do you like an intensity to your thoughts, beyond what you can usually feel? If yes, then GO For it. If no, be conservative, half-a-Hit is easier to handle. A reduced dose will reduce the intensity of the Trip. This will give you a taste of what is yet to come. This is enough. OR you can do what uqlfy said: Take 2, and Trip HARD.

Just like Mushrooms, with LSD you will still be able to think and function, but there is also another show going on, one that will take some (or most) of your attention. So, with Mushrooms you could think, but there was another whole level of other thinking going on at the same time.

Mushrooms have given you a preview-of-coming-attractions. The "New Way" to see is expressed in Mushrooms. LSD may give you new ways to see things (watch the music pour out of the stereo, smell that music, taste the music). The different sense organs can each reach out with their specialty, and give more meaning to what is there to see.

Just remember, this "different" feeling (sometimes so clear it's amazing) is a Temporary vacation from life. No matter how you feel, it will pass away in a couple hours. This breaks one possible Bad Trip thought: "Good grief, what if I feel like this forever?" It just won't happen. This, too, shall pass.

And, one more Hint: Smile. When those muscles are used, the LSD picks up on it, and can flood you with fun thoughts. Laugh. When you laugh, the LSD can send hillarious thoughts, and keep you laughing.

17. sandoz

sandoz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    [​IMG] lsd is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

18. theLSDuser

theLSDuser Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Solidly-here,you are da man. Butthe bottom line about acidis that a TRIP IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!! there is nothing else to it. Think about this next time you trip and you'll understand.

19. Diphenhydramine

Diphenhydramine Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would like to so bad but am afraid it will be a long time before I get the opportunity.

20. bizz

bizz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I agree with uqlfy above. while you might want to be safe and start with a low dose (half or one), it would suck to be sitting there and nothing really happen or to not peak.

most lsd nowadays from what i hear is nowhere near 200ug. i've heard numbers like 50 and 75ug. use your judgement and be honest with yourself. if your nervous then start low.the most important thing to me is the proper set, setting and intention (not to just get fucked up)and ideally to have an experienced person with you. be in a safe comfortable place (i think home is best), with a minimum of distractions/interuptions, make sure (if you live at home) your parents aren't going to bother you or your girlfriend/boyfriend isn't going to nag you. you want to be able to relax and enjoy yourself without anything interrupting or spoiling your 'trip'.

my first trip i started with one, and it was nothing special at all like uqlfy described above. second timei did two, which was alot of fun and i became more intrigued, uping the doses as time went on.

newbies please prepare though, if your set, setting and intention aren't right things can not go as you plan.I've had twonot so great trips but wouldnt exactly say 'bad' trip.One I call a 'dark trip' watching the news on tv, just sitting there frying thinking "this world is very very ugly" for hours, so thats an example of setting (the news not being a good set/setting). one other experience that wasn't all out pleasure was (after being up overnight off several hits, then as the sun came up taking several more, then afternoon taking more) cryingmy heart about as hard as i've ever cried (think a child jerking and unable to talk crying) to this pretty asianraver chick, seemingly at the same time tears of joy and of pain. euphoria and extreme saddness at the same time. it was very emotionally taxing. one second "wow this miracle of life", the next "look at what's going on this is terrible", the next "this is amazing", the next "look at what's happened to our planet" (i mean both emotions very powerful andsimultaneous). she was a good companion (very important)obviously having experience, she would wink and smile when i'd go "wow this amazing" and put her hands on me/hug meand affirm she understood when i'd go "look at what's going on in the world, it's hell on earth!"

it boils down to set your trip up like it's a special occasion and don'ttake morewhen your trip comes down!

sorry guys dumping all these experiences on the board, i'm new here, don't know anyone anymore that's into this stuff.