Health - LSD and Mental Retardation?"

Discussion in 'LSD' started by Guest, May 1, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    I was just wonderng if LSD or Extasy can make you go retarded. I kno Ozzy Osbourne's brain is just fried and he took alot of Acid when he was younger. I heard of something called Parkensins disease from taking alot of Extasy. Fuck, I heard Micheal J Fox is supposivly got parkensins disease from all the Extasy he's took. Too bad he can't go back into the future and not be retarded.

2. Hyperreal

Hyperreal Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Ozzy Osbourne took a lot of pretty much everything when he was younger, so you can't ascribe his problems just to acid.

It's safe to say that neither LSD nor MDMAcan causeParkinson's disease. There was a study which suggested MDMA caused Parkinson's, but it has since been retracted.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Oh Ok, Good, I can keep on Rolling then!!

4. mariecurie

mariecurie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Michael J Fox has Parkinson's disease, but it isn't related to drug use. He was never even a big drug user from what I've heard.

LSD can possibly precipitate latent schizophrenia, but it isn't related to Parkinson's IMHO.

5. Softrat

Softrat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If Ozzy Osborns befuddlement is caused by over use of drugs the drug that is most likely toprimarily be responsible is alcohol, the legal drug.

Extreme abuse of alcohol over long periods of time is very toxic to many of the body's organ, including the brain. It has even ben found in some casses to cause temporary psychotic states.

6. Softrat

Softrat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I should also point out that while pyschedellic drugs should not be over used, most are of fairly low toxicity.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    ^^ I kno one woman who can't even remember her own kids' names because she drank too much. She has to have a sitter with her at all times or else she'll do something stupid.

8. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    e or acid will fry you if you do it all the time. its a fact dont try
    and dispute it, i mean not that im about to stop or anytihing, just
    dont be poppin e pills day and night.

9. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Whereas you might be right about his alcohol abuse, Ozzy has recently been diagnosed with Parkin's disease (not Parkinson's) which is the main reason behind his current state. He admitted to doing LSD everyday for five years in the 70s so that probably didn't help him much either.

To answer the question, Es are well known to arouse severe schizophrenia when abused by certain people. LSD can probably do the same (I don't know as much about it to be honest) but people don't tend to take it as often because it's non-addictive and doing it a few days in a row kills the psychadelic effect.