1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Combinations - LSD and Mushrooms

Discussion in 'LSD Discussions' started by Bojangles, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Bojangles

Bojangles

Reputation Points:
    Has anyone ever taken this combo...if so, how much of each and what is the experience like....both are avaialbe to me and i'm thinking about doing the combo....

2. roisianna

roisianna

Reputation Points:
    The effects for both are so similar i wouldn't see the point, do both seperately to make the most of whats available, in my opinion!

3. Bojangles

Bojangles

Reputation Points:
    No, both are readily available...I've tripped so many times that i want to do this combo....I have taken acid a shit load of times and also shrooms but never together...

4. icemaster

icemaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    its alright, the acid kind of seems to dominate and the overall intensity is quite increased, I recommend taking only half as much (or less) of each as you usually would.

5. acid-dream

acid-dream

Reputation Points:
    ive taken the combo and i found it was best when i took 4 hits and 2-3 grms of shrooms , takin the shrooms first then the cid about 30 mins later it was a night i wont ever forget

6. draxon

draxon

Reputation Points:
    its good if you get the dose right otherwise one drug will over power the other

2 hits lsd + plus an 1/8 of strong cubes = a magical evening

7. acid-dream

acid-dream

Reputation Points:
    exactly if u get it just right and time it good ur gone for a good long time ( 8+ hours) i found the lsd makes the shrooms last longer its a

great feeling of my fav 2 highs

but on another note ne one took lsd with its sista lsa if so how was it like i know lsd is more spiritual and lsa is demonic so to say

8. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    The mood increase from the shrooms could make your acid trip very pleasant if you used the right careful dose. I would just test it out with a single fresh cubensis mushroom (about 5g) and one hit of acid, just to test the waters.

9. acid-dream

acid-dream

Reputation Points:
    see there is a prob with that lol my first time i did 4 cid and between2-3 shroom and yeah it was very ................. thats y u dont let ur frends give u stuff at partys lol

10. a_northern_soul

a_northern_soul Newbie

Reputation Points:
    LSD and Mushrooms both mimic the same hormone, serotonin I believe. It is my belief (though I obviously can't speak for everyone), that acid completely takes over and the psilocybin doesn't end up having an effect (a non-placebo one) at all.

If you hear people talking about cross-tolerance between the two (oh Erowid, how I love thee ;)), I'm pretty sure this is the reason.

11. JewishNazi

JewishNazi

Reputation Points:
    serotonin isnt a hermone, its just a chemical.

But you are right with your thinking, LSD has such a high affinity to
    the recepters that it almost stops its own action. But then again,
    there are many, many, different types of receptors. LSD may mainly
    affect the 5-HT2a, but psylocybin may work on different ones such as
    the 5-HT2b

12. Dexy Mcfukfuk

Dexy Mcfukfuk

Reputation Points:
    it is not worth it, they both have such individual characteristics that they wouldnt mesh incredibly well.

Individually each is an entirely fufilling experiance, so why try to add to a good thing? I would suggest doing htem each by themselves, so as not to waste them.

13. Bojangles

Bojangles

Reputation Points:
    LSD & Mushrooms combination

I have been told that if you take acid and shrooms together they will cancel each other out however I have also known people who have taken both at the same time and said they tripped hard...Also I heard taking either mescaline or peyote with acid or shrooms cancels each other out.....I'm confused....anyone know anything about this or have an expreiences regarding these? Please post

14. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    Good to see ya around. Bojangles. These substance will not cancel each other out, but acid and shrooms do have cross tolerance. i.e. if you trip several times after another on eithersubstance, you will need a higher dose of the substance to reach the same effect.If you first trip on one substance and then on the other, you'll also need a higher dose to reach the same effect. Does anyone know if the same goes for mescaline? Shrooms & acid are in the tryptamine category. Mescaline is in the phenethylamine group. As far as I know phenethylamines do not have simular tolerance.

15. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I believe mescaline and mushrooms are cross tolerant. Not sure about
    mescaline and LSD. Also peyote and mescaline are the same thing,
    mescaline is the chemical, peyote is the cactus it is extracted from.

16. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    there is some cross-tolerance between phens and trypts, although not as severe as with compounds in own class.

LSD and psilocin will certainly noi cancel each other when coadministered, and might indeed cross-potentiate into who knows where.

17. Nagognog2

Nagognog2

Reputation Points:
    Yes - mescaline is cross-tolerant with both LSD25 and psilocin. Ditto with all the 2-C's as well. If you draw out on paper the phenethylamine group, you will note that it is almost an indole if you bend the ethylamine bridge off the phenyl ring.Edited by: nagognog2

18. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    LSD + Mushrooms dosing

Ok, swim really feels like there should already be info on the site about his question, but has searched for quite some time in different forums for help, and came up with nothing. Swim has some mushroom chocolates, as well as some blotters. Swim has heard that there can be a cross tolerance issue with these substances, as well as other tryptamines and had some questions. If swim wants to take a light dose of each, in what order/manner should he go about this? Should He take one before the other, wait a certain amount of time inbetween, expect anything not normal to an acid or mushroom trip, etc etc....? He apologizes if there has been previous threads about this topic, he really did search for some time. He appreciates any replies on the subject, thanks everyone...

19. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I'm pretty sure this is a safe combo. You should have experience with both, maybe take half a dose of each. Maybe try a hit and like 1-2grams mushies and see how it goes. SWIM is also very interested in this combo. He loves both substances, and can't imagine how crazy things can get while on both.
    I would just do some more research, and try it out yourself. Both substances are very safe and dose friendly, so if you're eager to try it, I say go ahead (start small, though)!

p.s. I'm sure I've seen LSD+Mushroom threads on here before.

20. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    SWIM has done this once with 6 grams and 2.5 weeeeeeak blotters. Seriously, the blotter had lsd on it but maybe like 20ug per hit!

Both substances were taken at the same time. Twas a very intense experience for SWIM. Take a smaller dose of each substace than you normally take. If you take 3.5 of shrooms and two blotters then take like either 1 blotter and ~2 grams or 2 blotters and 1 gram or even 3.5g and half a blotter. There are many possibilities here. Just be safe and in a controlled enviroment, it is an intense combo.

Acid should last a few more hours than shrooms so keep that in mind when you are deciding when to take each chem. There is no wrong or right way to trip, its all a matter of personal preference.