Side effects - Lsd + cannabis= psychosis and worst night ever

Discussion in 'LSD' started by sixtiesfreak98, Mar 6, 2019.

1. sixtiesfreak98

sixtiesfreak98 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    21 y/o from Mexico
    Hi guys I'm writing here because I'm having a terrible emotional hangover, you'll see

Last Saturday I went to a music fest wanting to see two of my favourite bands, I smuggled two tabs and maybe 2g of weed without any problem.

My last dose of LSD was on January 1st and last time I smoked some weed was on February 2th but between this period I messed with Tramadol, DPH and DXM but I stopped everything ala Cold Turkey because, the morning of 2th February I felt a really strong chest pain and I thought that was my heart, after many tests and an EKG the only dangerous parameter was my high level of triglycerides but even before the tests, I started doing excercise again, my final diagnosis was Costochondrosis, anyway, I still doing excercise (it's my new drug).

So, fast forwarding back to the Saturday, I took one tab at 4:20 pm and I gave the other one to my GF, a hour later I felt a strong back-ache but nothing more

At 7pm the acid started to peak and the back pain disminished a lot, I smoked a joint and everything was fine but then I started to feel bad.
    I heared the voices of the people with a great volume and their words inside my head formed coherent phrases, also I felt that everybody was making fun of me so I felt so rageous.
    My gf and a friend were having a good conversation so I felt very jealous and I think that that was the trigger for my "psycosis".
    We started discussing so my friend decided to leave but I kept discussing with my girl also, I forgot that the keys of my car were at the Valet parking so I thought that she and my friend tried to stole my car and leave me there, I was screaming and security personnel tried to contain me, then they started to punch me so I hit them back, I was totally out of my mind and I had the hallucination that She and the personnel tried to kidnapping me because, here in mexico, it's very common the "express kidnapping" when the kidnappers uncommunicate the kidnapped person with their family and my parents weren't answering my phone calls so I thought that was real.

After fighting for more that 20 minutes the staff dropped me outside and stole my things (wallet and cellphone) even after that, my girl stayed at my side, when her family and my family arrived the trip was over and went back to my normal self

Half a week has passed and I still feeling like shit, the parents of my girl said that we can't go to concerts in a very long time but I still welcomed at their house, my parents says that I'm a junkie that eventually I will end up dead, but I don't care, the family of my girl is more supportive than mine so fuck them

I've been tripping since I was 18 and now I'm 21 but, I never experienced nothing like this, am I developing schizophrenic or was just a very strong blotter potencisted by the cannabis?

2. curious_38

curious_38 The Wizard of the Creek Silver Member Supporter

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o from Ohio
    You are not developing schizophrenia. That is a hereditary disorder and has to be diagnosed by a doctor. It sounds like you may have experienced drug induced psychosis. Please do see a doctor if you still hear voices and paranoia after not using LSD and weed for a while. Schizophrenia commonly presents itself in early to mid-twenties.

Good luck and I hope you feel better.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  3. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    118 y/o from The Netherlands
    Man, that is a hell of a trip. It sounds to me that it is time to take it easy on drugs for quite some time. The combination of LSD and marijuana can cause distortion and paranoia.
    While I don't know if the following applies to you; its not uncommon for this to happen after periods of frequent drug taking and/or bad health. And once it happens it can easily recur.

Take care.

4. FlyingHigher

FlyingHigher Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Psychedelics can induce psychotic-like states alone, and cannabis alone is capable of producing intense paranoia. Combining the two, with a 'triggering' negative mindset could actually temporarily induce a psychotic state. Although in your case I suspect it was a pseudopsychotic state that was maintained partly by the paranoia/fear as well as the aggression of the situation around you.

Whilst you were still stressed, you were probably in full "fight or flight" mode, with Adrenaline and Cortisol both acting to reduce your ability to think clearly. Therefore, once this stressor was removed, you likely began to calm down and feel normal again.

Psychologically, this must have been a very stressful experience - so it's perfectly understandable that you're still feeling bad about it. This is something which time and reflection should help you deal with.

Physiologically, the previous use or abuse of Diphenhydramine (DPH), Dextromethorphan, and Tramadol likely primed your brain for such an outburst. DPH particularly can be very harmful at recreational doses because anticholinergics very easily cause both temporary and permanent damage to the normal functioning of memory and logical processing. These rely heavily on acetylcholine receptors.

DPH abuse results in a psychotic-like state on its own, and this may have contributed to your ability to switch into a manic/psychotic state when tripping, paranoid, and subjected to extreme psychological stress.

Provided you avoid psychedelics, cannabis, DPH; and ideally any mind-altering drug for a while - I imagine you'll be just fine.

Note: Please don't abuse diphenhydramine/DPH or any anticholinergic drug, there are many posts here attesting to the fact that its not worth it.

5. sixtiesfreak98

sixtiesfreak98 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    21 y/o from Mexico
    Thanks everybody for the early responses, I've been trying to figure it out what the hell happened to me.

Now, I've been sober of DXM and DPH (the only and the last time I did it) for two and a half months and for tramadol for 2 months.

Sometimes, between these two weeks I've been smoking a little bit of cannabis, alone and with friends (two times actually) and everything has been flowing smoothly but I think that it's time to stop permanently smoking or cooking brownies and "grow up".

Sometimes I miss LSD and all the things that made me feel and think but then I remember what happened and I star to worry because I don't want to trigger that psycosis state again (although I think that probably It wasn't LSD, because taste wasn't even inky, was bitter, but I don't know and I don't was to figure it out)

Thanks and once again, I'm very gratefully for only listening (actually reading) to me

Thanks and goodbye