1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Combinations - LSD compared to others

Discussion in 'LSD' started by OneOfMany, Jun 27, 2005.

1. OneOfMany

OneOfMany Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Jun 27, 2005
    I've had limited experience with hallucinagens. A few times with acid were interesting at the time, but that isn't available to me now. I'm wondering how others feel things like mushrooms or others compare to acid.

I did try mushrooms once a long time ago, but as I've come to understand I way over did it. Had psychedelic colors swirling and moving through everything for a few hours. I could make out edges between objects here and there, but all in all a not very fun trip. I've had friends claim that acid and shrooms can give basically the same effect with proper dosages.

And sorry if this has been answered before, but I didn't see an answer in my reading so far.
  2. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Apr 12, 2005
    from Australia
    hello, welcome.

LSD is unique, as such all comparisons are likely to prove inadequate. let me give an example. one can try to describe the experience of eating a mangosteen in terms of a multitude of other fruits, but there is a reason why Queen Victoria, once having tasted the exotic morsel, comissioned expeditions half way around the world, and even offered Knighthood to anyone who could deliver her more.

that said, LSD is a 12 hour ride, mushies - 4-6. the latter tend to a more organic, earthirer space than the former, both can be life-changing sacrements.Edited by: nanobrain
  3. pabel_giboon

pabel_giboon Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Jul 11, 2005
    113 y/o
    It seems to be easier for starter to understand and enjoy MDMA than other psichedelics. The tripp is a lot shorter and the experience tends to a warm but energic enjoyment of live and company. By the other hand mushroms, LSD, MG´s, etc can deliver sort of weird our umpleasant feelings.

Even if you are experienced it is strongly recomended to tripp with a sitter friend than can clarify theese feelings and help you keep the experience as rich and pleasant as possible. I have sitted many time most of my friends and as a personal experience and maybeonlyin 1 case (over 50) someone freaked out on MDMA.

Then probably LSD is easier to control (even in hight dosages) than mushroms. If you are using mushroms, make sure you do a proper dosage according to your weight and experience on the subject.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  4. Deckstruct 11

Deckstruct 11 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Jul 3, 2005
    very true LSD,Psilocybes,B. Cappi and Yage (Ayahuasca),Lophophora Williamsii,Ipomea Violacea, Argyreia Nervosa,Tabernanthe Iboga,Amanita Muscaria, Datura's, Salvia Divinorum, etc., are all very strong Psychedelics and not ment for every person. Only a prepared studiedwell being should interact with such substances alone other wise have one of these persons around cause it can get very psychologically demanding sometimes. you need to be very strong hearted and ready for the unexpectablewhen taking such a substance. You dont anything about yourself until you've entered the realm of Psychedelia. It is so indepth into your heart mind and soul that sometimes you find things about yourself that you otherwise would rather not see but this is the beauty of it. Getting to see what is really in your mind and fixing whatever you dont like confronting your fears and enjoyng your postive side. The problem isyou never know which one you'll encounter next.......
  5. mescalifornia

mescalifornia Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jul 1, 2005
    lsd is like a machine tool, where mushrooms is a hand tool. i think lsd has over exageratted stimulation