Drug info - lsd crystals: terminology

Discussion in 'LSD' started by Thegreatone, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Thegreatone

Thegreatone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    some people say lsd is lsd some say there are diffrent grades(lavander,fluff,sliver, ext.) due to the processs in which it is made some better some worse what does everybody think?

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Hard to say, as the effects are merely psychological, but I heard that the by product of the last step in the synthesis of l.s.d. is sometimes used as well. Does anybody know if this is true?

3. inoxia

inoxia Newbie

Reputation Points:
    This information came from a very reliable source that spread the beauty of LSD for many years. He was high up in the distribution network and is very knowledgeable on the subject.

TYPES OF CRYSTAL
    Needlepoint-very pure (95+%) white powerdery crystal,was available in small amount`s. The best of the best
    White Fluff-Very pure (95%) white light flakes of crystal. Still around and the most sought after. very pure
    Silver-Good and clean (85-90%)-light greyish crystal. Was an unbelievable amount of this around in the late eighty`s and early nineties. Very good stuff. If you ate acid in the 80-90's you probably sampled some silver.
    Amber-Decent(70%?) This crystal varied from a light amber color to an almost dark brown color. Was always available. One batch called quadricept amber was the color of light honey and was very good.
    Lavender-(60-70%?) light purple to almost black colored crystal. Like amber it varied batch to batch.
    TJ (Tornado Juice) - purity unknown. I seen this shit in about four different colors and it always scared me. No experiance with it.
    Champagne-(50-60%) black crystal, nasty stuff IMHO. I worked with it once and swore to never touch it again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011
  4. Thegreatone

Thegreatone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    cool. any one else no anything on this subject, iv never heard of it being as low as only 50% pure with the rest being impurites...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011
  5. fritzthecat

fritzthecat Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Is it true that pure crystal lsd will flash when struck ? Anyone ever seen the crystals glow under black light ? What percent pure does one need to observe these effects ? Inquiring mind needs to know....:eek:

6. Samadhi

Samadhi Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Chinacats post about purity and different qualities is from information back in the 80's pre-pickard & co and incredibly strict (even more so) precursor control.

Samadhi and the Lab cats never saw anything that was ever worse than a shade of off greyish silver LSD, when they saw grams and packs and haven't even heard of any lower quality/purity stuff. This is likely due to the new producers post silo bust/Mr. Sand, who put out batches of very high purity stuff, some higher than others, but mostly centering around the upper 80's to upper 90's using the same technique as the UK producers of the 70's and 80's. from what the cats have heard and there is no reason they would have not heard the truth in these situations.

Take it for what it is I am sure worse quality LSD exists but most of what swim sees around is from the same people cranking out a majority of the supply.

7. r3353

r3353 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Where would "beige" be classified? In between lavender and amber?
    Could the method Pickard &co used still be going? Creating quantities with low yield/high quality and high yield/ 80% quality?
    And does that vary from the Julie method in England?
    the angry monkey in the closet states one type tastes very metallic in the throat area and mild head ache. Might that be silver?
    The monkey never seen it glow under a black light, but have heard the same thing. And what is meant by 'flash when struck'?

8. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    modern terms on the circuit in the last 14 years. (well, 8 yearrs prior to my arrest)

needlepoint- 99%+ made in a completely controlled environment with exact precursers being used and no problems during reactions and seperations, absolutely NO un-reacted ergolines leftover. very rare, small ammounts, must be part of the circle of people doing it. usually organic chem professors or majors.

fluff- 95%+ very good quality. usually made in mostly controlled environments with exact precurser measurements, but clandistine so not quite perfect reactions and seperations but fairly good. No left over unreacted ergolines, though other precursers may be leftover unreacted in trace ammounts. usually considered "family fluff" as made predominately by chemists that are associated with some of the original "family" chemists or distribution networks.

silver- 75%-95%, good quality. often made by smaller chemists with less resources. occasionally contains leftover ergolines that can cause discomfort. metalic taste due to lack of seperations and leftover solvents. picards higher quality smaller batches could be called silver.

amber- usually made in bulk in not very controlled environments and lower quality, no precise seperations, etc. this was the BULK of the picard commercial dose.

lavendar and beige are of lower quality, usually many unreacted ergolines or LAA's.

lavender and beige are sometimes also given to STP aka DOM/DOB/DOC/DOI, though this is not the original intended term.

anything beyond that is usually LSA/LAA or even various Ergolines extracted and unreacted and usually not even cleaned well. lots of discomfort including headache and body pain.

9. Samadhi

Samadhi Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The cats had heard that Pickard was not producing the best of LSD, but it certainly was not amber as the quality of LSD in the USA never really dipped in terms of tons of dirt going around scenes in the USA, it goes dry, but I has heard Pickards shit was standard and just of average quality... sorta like BC beasters of LSD lol. Precursors were much easier to get in his day so it really isn't that unfeasible to see him making a decent product. Ergocristine is on its way out so its getting pretty scarce again...

Swim never saw anything that wasn't at least a color of silver to slight eggshell to whiter to fluffy and quite spendy in his years around the west coast, crazy to know that there really is amber around still, guess its good to know good hearts...

Nice to see your posts again Avvy :) Hope life is treating you well

10. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thank you Samadhi. :)

Well, let's not base the quality of pickards products on what the quality was available during his "time." Though he DID produce quite a bit it was not nearly the numbers the feds claims. (the feds have made a similar claim about a few others also, but it was not nearly the case either.) There was a couple "Family" producers providing most of the quality during "pickards era." And those in the scene who were getting raws grams should remember the amber and silver going around in the 90's as being the cheap stuff, as it was being mass produced. pickard did come out with some of the smaller batches that were good "Silver" but almost all of what he produced was "amber." InFACT that term was created due to the surpluss of it being available when he was producing. lol Also, I encourage all to go back on PACER and read the lab results of all the seized product that was part of pickards federal case, and see that not one bit of it was high then low quality silver quality.

Thanks again, it's good to be back.

// Regarding the request for lab results. I provided the source, PACER, which is the government archive of all federal cases that has his case including all lab results that were submitted as evidence on public archive. Due to the nature of my friend Swip's personal account for his own legal defense on this site, instead of downloading on record and distributing these case files beyond the scope of the agreement of the service, I will just encourage you all to get an account setup with PACER and look it up yourself. The program can also be used to look up the plea agreements meade by anybody in the federal system, meaning if part of their plea agreement was a "5.K.1" reduction of sentence that means that "provided substantial assitance towards the prosecution of another case."//

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  11. veritas.socal

veritas.socal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    76 y/o from California, U.S.A.
    my 2 cents, and its almost like the story of og kush, there are many, and everyoine says"bro, im tellin you the truth
    so, im tellin the truth as i know it.
    needlepoint. 97-99+.
    white fluff, family fluff. 90-95
    silver, 87-90
    lavender/rose/etc...80+. thinks dif people called it different things
    now, I think the tornado juice is lsd plus, as his thread says. tj was always liq or sheets, swim never saw crys...or heard of anyone who did
    i was busted in 94 after spring dead tour. there were only a few types available on the haight or on tour. and, like it or not, 80% of americas acid came from the family.
    in those pre casey hardison, pre tihkal, etc...the garbrecht method was allegedly used by one person. this produces 3 crops of crystals, 80g, 20g, and 5g. and...wait for it...read garbrecht, the crystals set up as NEEDLES.
    so there is the bay, and humboldt. there were 6 1/4" x 10" ten-packs.(25 hits X 40 hits) and the 7 1/2"X 7 1/2" (30 hits X 30 hits) plus a sheet to get a ten-lot. depends on who you dealt with
    and not every kid on the haight could get grams of crystal. thats a favor if one could get a single. they were 5g jars or better.
    example of this, orlando 94, there was beavis and butthead psychedelic experience(3x3+1sheets) and the xeroxed chickenheads(2 1/2 X 4 sheets)

12. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hmmm. I wonder if I should list my creditentials as to why I may have some knowledge in the area? Many of you know already. lol

Anyway, the bottom line is though the "standards" and "what has actually been" has changed throughout the years, as has the chemisty techniques, the basic terminology order is similar.

And yes, veritas... you are correct... pickard did produce alot, but it was never the good family quality.. and he definately was not family... the majority of lsd has always and will always come from the good family all springing from that greteful day in lahonda. :)

13. veritas.socal

veritas.socal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    76 y/o from California, U.S.A.
    oh, lahonda,
    werent they called gas caps, because the lsd inside was invisible,
    so add that to the list, lol

really, tho...back in the day, i think there were the "different" families, but NEVER less than 80%

fritz the cat: hey man. i saw crys, but in early 90s, before TiHKAL came out.
    fritz is referring to sasha saying that if one shakes a jar of pure lsd in the dark that it will spark or flash. i do not even know anyone who tried it.
    i also saw a g of a crystal that was not lsd glow. thats not proof positive