Opinions - LSD for life

Discussion in 'LSD' started by raven3davis, Sep 29, 2005.

1. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Hi I have a friend SWIM who really likes acid. He has been taking acid for a few years and LSD/DMT are his favorite drugs, but DMT is a completely different story. SWIM seriously feels like he will take LSD for the rest of his life. Does anyone else feel the same way? SWIM definitely wont be doing coke or meth or anything like that, probably ever again, and definitely not when he is older. The only thing SWIM really asks of life is shelter, food, love, peace, and a massive dose of LSD every once in a while. Does anyone else feel the same way? Do you think it will be safe for SWIM to take LSD when he is 60, 70, 80 years old. To be quite honest, I think it would be awesome to die under the influence of LSD, so I guess it doesnt really matter, I guess im just trying to ask, will taking lsd at an older age quicken the aging process. Whatever the case, I am probably going to take LSD for the rest of his life because it makes him happy and it is something that he loves to do. I personally see no problem with this, it will just be hard later in life when I have kids etc, but he will probably be able to hide it from them.

2. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    That is an irrisponsible and completely unrealistic
    perspective to have for ANY drug.

Your "friend" needs professional help.

3. raven3davis

Reputation Points:
    Why would that be irresponsible and completely unrealistic? Huxley died while on LSD, so he was obviously dosing up throughout his life. Its not like I am going to take acid every weekend, he will just take it occasionally throughout his life. Care to elaborate why this is irresponsible and unrealistic?

4. raven3davis

Reputation Points:
    The only thing that I find irresponsible about this is the fact thatI will one day have kids probably. Whenever the time comes I will stop taking LSD and any other drugs and concentrate on raising his kid etc. Kids dont take forever to raise though. Once they are older and on their own I will be able to take acid again no problem. This migt not be something everyone wants to do but I like acid and doesnt see anything wrong with this. Anyone else think this is completely unrealistic and dangerous etc? I would like to hear some more opinions if possible and reasons behind them too. Thanks

5. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    TODAY, I think that he wants to take it for the rest of his life.

Anyone is allowed to have fantasies. Raven's friend has a fantasy: Keep Tripping for the next 50 years.

I like to look at it from another angle: I have 50 years to change his mind, and pick a different Fantasy. It would seem to me that in 30 years or so, when I have Tripped another 500 times (or 2,000 times), he will be able to move-on.

A fantasy is Fun. Like if a see a pretty girl. I can imagine, dating her, getting married, and growing old together. And (who knows) that fantasy COULD come true. But, usually soon after, my mind goes off into its next thought.

The dying on Acid reminded me of Bill Murray in "Caddyshack"; he caddied for the Dalai Lama once, and instead of a tip the Lama told him: "On your Death-bed you will receive Total Consciousness." And then Bill said: "So, I've got THAT going for me." Certainly, it's Romantic to die in a Fun way; I've fantasized dying a martry's death.

Raven asks: "Do you think it will be safe for SWIM to take LSD when he is 60, 70, 80 years old." Sure. Back in the 60s, many Seniors Tripped, and many times. I knew a woman; she was 77; she had Tripped at least weekly for over a year.

I think that LSD is Better for older people (than for kids). Their brain is a lot more set in its ways (it knows how to handle many more situations), and is looking for a vacation of their usual way of thinking.

6. raven3davis

Reputation Points:
    I doubt I will trip 500 times on acid in his entire life. It will probably be more around 200. Would there be any medical ramifications? Im sure Tim Leary tripped 1000+ times and many others probably have to with little problems. Its not like this is My only desire in life, but it is a fantasy that I would really like to fufill. I personally see no problem in this, I should do what he wants to do. He will take all precautions of course and its not like he will be tripping every month even, it will probably be more along the lines of a few times a year. I dont think I need professional help just because he wants to take acid for the rest of his life. Maybe this fantasy will go away sooner or later, which it probably will, but who knows. SWIM also thinks he will probably experiment with DMT throughout his life.

7. Strangedaze39

Strangedaze39 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    albert hoffmans turning 100 this year. timothy leary lived a long healthy life i would say both men were and still are very intelligent and cohernt so i think you friend swim can dose as many times as he wants as long as he doesnt chose to take a rediculouse amount in one dose, anyways im pretty sure "swims" not gonna dose out more then timothy leary[​IMG]

8. raven3davis

Reputation Points:
    Exactly what I was thinking. Tim Leary doses so many times, I doubt I will come anywhere near Tim.

9. roky eribong

roky eribong Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yeah, i think it's pretty ignorant to think that you wouldn't want to do itoccasionallyfor the rest of your life. there's a lot of stigma against older people using marijuana too, but they still do. intelligent people always have adesire tolearn and grow. what better way to stimulatelearning and growth than through LSD (and marijuana for that matter...even though they're entirely different beasts).

10. armatitumor

armatitumor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I feel the same way, he would like to be using psychadelic drugs
    throughout his life. He feels, although now he uses drugs to "get his
    kicks", when he's older, he will be using them for insight into his own
    mind and as more of a therapeutic learning experience. I don't think
    there is anything wrong with this.

11. raven3davis

Reputation Points:
    my days for MDMA, 2c-e, 2c-i and many rcs will surely come to an end but I have a good feeling he will be dropping acid right until the end. SWIM sometimes used drugs to get a kick but more than often it is for insignt into his own mind and insight of the universe.

12. panamapaul

panamapaul Silver Member

Reputation Points:

I see no problem at all with your plans. I'm pushing 50 now and have been tripping regularly (about 200 x) since I was 16. Also, I fail to see what having kids has to do with anything. If you really feel that taking lsd is wrong, you shouldn't do it...kids or not. I raised 3 children and am now a grandfather. One word; 'Babysitters". If you have small children, simply plan your trips ahead of time as you would any other vacation. Get a good sitter (we usually used a close family member) and either send the kids away for a few days or you and your spouse go elsewhere to trip.

As for aging, from my observations over the years it seems cigarettes and alcohol in excess (and stress) are the main culprits in premature aging. I don't smoke and drink only occasionally.

If it's still available, I'll probably drop acid the rest of my life. It's the only illegal drug I've touched since I was a teenager.

I also wish to die on a large dose of LSD. I've discussed this at length with my son and he has offered to make sure this happens.

13. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    No Shrink needed. You can Trip until you're 99 years old, like Al Hofmann.

I (mostly) use Trips for Spiritual advancement. Raven also (mostly) uses the LSD-25 Magic for Spiritual purposes: "SWIM sometimes used drugs to get a kick, but more than often it is for insight into his own mind and insight of the universe."

I see my future as Tripping regularly for another few years (maybe 200 Trips); then maybe Trip once every couple of years, to remind myself of the Freedom-of-Thought which comes with Tripping.

Certainly there are a lot of people out there who have Tripped many hundreds of times more than me. As Raven points out: "I'm sure Tim Leary tripped 1000+ times and many others probably have too, with little problems." In fact, I heard that Professor Leary Tripped 1000 times in just his first few years. Wow! He seemed to do quite well with LSD. And now his ashes are in Space (circling the Earth every hour or so), just where they belong. Leary lives in the Heavens. I hope to join him UP there some day.

Since LSD is such a personal experience, I think I will know if (or when) it isn't working the way I want it to any longer. At that point, I will set it aside, and move on to another form of Spiritual stimulation.

On the other hand,Albert Hofmann has been Tripping for longer than anyone else in the Galaxy. He's 99, so far, and still alive-and-kickin'. As Strangedaze aptly put it: "albert hofmann's turning 100 this year. timothy leary lived a long healthy life, i would say both men were and still are very intelligent and coherent, so i think your friend swim can dose as many times as he wants." I agree. Keep dosing up . . . Trip to your heart's content.

One thing Acid does: It opens up possibilities in my Mind. And our newest Forum member, Roky, used his virgin Post to put clearly-in-perspective why there are many people who want to keep dosing-and-dosing over the years: "intelligent people always have adesire tolearn and grow. what better way to stimulatelearning and growth than through LSD?" Well, I can't think of a better way; and until I do, I'm gonna keep doing it.When I find something thing that works well for me, I use it. LSD-25 works GREAT, and boy I amlucky.Edited by: Solidly-here

14. red pill

red pill Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I feel exactly the same, but its not only about LSD, but also LSA,
    shrooms, salvia, argerya, cacti and all psychedelics even though SWIM
    hasnt used all of these yet. SWIM also wants to carry his good habit of
    daily meditation throuhought his life.[​IMG]
    Edited by: red pill

15. roky eribong

roky eribong Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i'm gladso manyfolks are into this idea. while i don't think that LSD is for everyone, it worked for me, and it's nice to see that it has worked for so many others.

16. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i also plan on using LSD through out my entire life (that is if it is
    available to me all that time.) And i see nothing wrong with doing so.

The difference with me being that i will probably continue using other psychedelics besides LSD aswell.

In my experience i have found some psychedelics to be worthless to me,
    they dont offer that cosmic experience i am so fond of (for example:
    2c-i, 2c-d, 5 meo mipt). While other psychedelics (mushrooms, miprocin,
    2c-e, mescaline and perhaps some others i will discover in the future)
    bring me to a similar place as acid, and i could see myself using them
    in its place.

17. raven3davis

Reputation Points:
    Its mostly the tryptamines and a few PEAS I want to use indefinitely. Never done mescaline but I could definitely see it being one of the few PEAs. One thing about peas though is that they seem a lot harder on your body. I would like to be able to use 2c-e for a while but it just seems like if I was 70 years old on 2c-e his body might not be able to handle it. On the other hand, miprocin feels very clean and I feel it wouldnt be harmful to his health at an older age.

18. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i will soon be trying 2c-c at a high dose (~100mg). I hear that it has
    all the magic of 2c-e but without the bodyload. Ill post my experience
    in the appropriate forum once i go through with it.

19. raven3davis

Reputation Points:
    I found 2c-e pretty magical, but nowhere near as magical as LSD. I mean the first time it was awesome, second time it was pretty cool, third time it was decent, but I think the enviroment had a lot to do that that. Fourth time, which happened to be My highest dose, it was like it lost its magic. No introspection and the visuals were pretty weak. Maybe SWIM need to up his dose to like 30mg. I will definitely give 2c-c a spin since he found a source for it. Seems to be pretty weak but I have read good reports. The thing is though, it seems like LSD never loses its magic for me. Every time SWIM doses up it is absoultely beautiful. Thats why I made this thread. LSD FOR LIFE BABY IM PROUD TO ADMIT IT. The thing I was thining about kids, is when I plan on having a kid I will wanna be off LSD for a little while just so I dont run the risk of having a defective kid or something. Then when I have a child for the first year or so I will want to dedicate my time with my wife and kid, but I guess I could still trip my ass off. What would happen though if you impregnated a girl while tripping? Would that increase the chances or your kid having problems. Thats why I was thinking it would be best to have a clear head for a while you you pass on good genes. Just a thought, but does anyone have any expertise in this area?

20. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i have only had 3 2ce experiences. The first 2 times my dose was to
    low, but the lasttime i did 20mg and had an amazing experience. Only
    time will tell whether it loses its magic for me.

2c-c seems weak because not many ppl push their dose up, im planning on trying it at a high dose (above pihkals recomendation).

I agree with you though that LSD never seems to lose that magic. It is
    an excellent psychedelic. The holy grail of all psychs IMO.

About the kid and stuff. I dont really know. I dont think hell come out
    with 2 heads or anything though if you continue using psychs while
    trying to impregnate your wife. But it is best to keep a clear head
    when u have a child.

I plan to use psychedelic alot more sparingly once i am older and have
    more priorities. Not because i think they will interfere really, but
    because you must devote so much time for tripping, i dont think i will
    have all that much time to spare later on in my life (work, family etc)