Drug info - LSD from the sixties: Still potent?

Discussion in 'LSD' started by Mooth, May 5, 2006.

1. Mooth

Mooth Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have a friend who says that he can get SWIM LSD from the sixties. Would this still have an effect?
    Also, this would be SWIM's first time with LSD. Should SWIM start off one hit? If I feel like taking multiple hits, should he take them all at once, or wait a while after taking one?

2. ClicheName

ClicheName Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm not sure if it would still be good, but I should start with one hit, because he can always take more if he isn't going as hard as he wants.

3. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    If it was stored correctly it could still be used. Start off with one and see how it goes, acid from the '60's is supposed to be alot more potent than todays acid. If one doesnt do it for you then you can take more. Just do your research and be in the right setting and it should be fun!

4. Mooth

Mooth Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Since I will not be doing the acid with the kid I am getting it from, but will be doing it with SWIM's other friend, how many hits should SWIM buy to be enough for the both of them? I don't have too much money to spend, but acid is pretty rare where I live and he doesn't want to miss an opportunity.

5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    It's extremely doubtful that the acid is still good if it's from the 60's. It would have to be stored perfectly. If it actually is 60's acid, watch the dosage!! Back in the day half a blotter was a full dose. People who took full blotters were considered hard-heads or idiots.

6. bman1

bman1 Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    \

How long does it stay good for? I know a friend who has a friend who has some stored in a vacum packed zip lock in a draw 25+ years old. Is that worth it? swib has always read if it is store correct it will out last the person who has it.

Last edited: May 6, 2006
  7. ClicheName

ClicheName Newbie

Reputation Points:
    According to wikipedia, LSD decays rapidly on exposure to light, heat, and moisture. As long as those three things are avoided, and the LSD is stored properly, I personally don't know why it wouldn't still be good.

To read the wikipedia article on LSD, follow this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LSD

8. treefingers49

treefingers49 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    my friend actually did get a hit of acid from the 60's that his Dad had been storing for quite a while. It was not active.

9. Mooth

Mooth Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am not completely sure, but SWIM's friend may have been talking figuratively, meaning that the acid itself wasn't from the 60's, but the potency was similar. I will have to check and make sure this is the case. Are there any blotter pronts that are genuine to the 60's?

10. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    You're really trying to find a needle in a haystack there. Thousands of different blotter designs have appeared down the years. It would be impossible to trace unless they were specific blotters of particular fame.

1. 3/5,
      Intelligent response
      May 7, 2006
  11. Dogears

Dogears Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If someone told me they were selling acid form the 60's I would strongly suspect that they were just saying that to make their acid sound good or something.

12. Toltec

Toltec Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I really wish there was a definite tek to show us how to store LSD for the long hall. There are some of us getting to old to find LSD like we use to. Folks are going to want to stock up for those times we mite want to use it in our golden years.

Any one know fore sure of a working method?

13. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Bongo had access to actual Sandoz Labs LSD25 that had been stored dissolved in dark rum since 1965-6 in a freezer in the dark. This was from 1976-8. It was certainly just fine! The most clear, visual, low body-load LSD25 he had/has ever encountered.

This was not hype. The source had been an LSD researcher working for Blum & Associates in San Francisco up until the time the government outlawed such. Like so many others, when the ban came, she grabbed up as much as possible for the prohibition.

14. Toltec

Toltec Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Nagognog2
    I really appreciate your post as other will too.
    This info is fine and dandy for crystal or liquid forms of LSD. I'm sure everclear or even 101 would work then.

What about blotters. Would this also work; stored in a glass container, void of oxygen and keep in the freezer out of light? I suppose only a LSD chemist would really know, But it would be bad for business to give such info.

15. Mooth

Mooth Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Does it matter if it is stored in a refrigerator or a freezer?
    Also, how easily would a blotter be tainted with harmful chemicals?

16. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    CO2 filled brown glass, wax-sealed bottles is what crystal comes in and can be stored in for long term.. On blotter these same conditions should be met.. You could vac seal it in a dark container and keep it stored in the freezer for years, though... Oxygen, moisture, light, heat, all being the enemy..