Drug info - LSD mimic blotters containing DMA on DEA Website

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by Pinkavvy, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    LSD BLOTTER ACID MIMICS (CONTAINING 2,5-DIMETHOXYAMPHETAMINE
    (DMA)) IN HIGHTSTOWN, NEW JERSEY

The New Jersey State Police Office of Forensic Sciences, Central Laboratory (Hamilton) recently received three blotter paper rectangles, one plain, two with a black, multi-stripe pattern, suspected LSD “blotter acid” (see Photo 1; scale is in inches). The exhibits were part of a polydrug seizure by the Hightstown Police Department, pursuant to a vehicle stop for DWI (Hightstown is located just off the New Jersey Turnpike about midway between Trenton and New Brunswick). The other exhibits in the case included marijuana, clonazepam, and several prescription tablets (not further specified). Analysis of an extract of the blotter paper squares by GC/MS, however, indicated not LSD but rather 2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine (commonly abbreviated as DMA or sometimes as 2,5-DMA; not formally quantitated, but a relatively low loading in all three pieces). This is the first time that DMA has been submitted to the laboratory in any form.

(this was found in the Feb 06 microgram, link not posted to avoid stupid people clicking on it.)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2010
  2. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I remember reading about this and hearing that DMA is not even active.
    what a waste of good precursor and good blotter paper.

3. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Wow that sure is a waste. Even dumber than selling plain blotter. What is the legal status on DMA? Do you think they would be charged with possession of acid since it is mimic bloter?

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Um...actually Bongo got his paws on some 3,5-DMA some years ago. It was/is being used by Polaroid in film processing - don't ask, they won't sell. Anywho 70mg was certainly active. Bongo says it felt like dirty, speedy LSD. Rather DOBish. He never sought out more - but the 3,5- is certainly active.

5. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    What about 5mg, would that be active? We havent seen pictures of the blotters, and they could be large, sandwiched etc but it it were regular blotter then each blotter would contain 5 or less mg probably. I have never even heard of DMA but figured it was a PEAo he looked it up here is a little info from PIHKAL.
    2,4-DIMETHOXYAMPHETAMINE

DOSAGE: greater than 60 mg.

DURATION: short.

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS: (with 60 mg) This is definitely threshold, or even a bit more. There is a lot of amphetamine-like component, and a certain blush of euphoria. There is also a diffusion of association, so it's more than just amphetamine, no question about it. At the three-hour point, it is definitely quieting down.

EXTENSIONS AND COMMENTARY: What can one say as to the active dosage of 2,4-DMA? Nothing. What can one say as to the duration? Probably short. The 60 milligram report given above is the highest level that I personally know of having been tried in man, and there is no hint as to what might be found at a fully active dose, or just where that dose might be. It might be fully speedy. It might be fully psychedelic. It might give a cardiovascular push that would be scary. Studies of 2,4-DMA on vascular strips (associated with serotonin action) were not impressive in comparison with structurally related psychedelics, and it seems as if its action might involve norepinephrine release. It is a reasonable guess that there would be cardio-vascular activity at higher levels. But it will only be with human trials, someday, that the answer will be known for sure.

2,5-DMA seemes to be a bit active too but not much. I could find no information on 3,5-DMA but PIHKAL said that that 3,4-DMA was barely active with 700mg IV. From the readings none of them seem too interesting. What is 3,5-DMA and does it have a visual aspect? The others seemed to not have too much of a visual aspect just amphetamine. DOB had a notable visual impact on I was it the same with 3,5-DMA?