Dose - LSD questions for nearly first timer

Discussion in 'LSD' started by SweetAndTenderHooligan, Oct 2, 2006.

1. SweetAndTenderHooligan

SweetAndTenderHooligan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    I have just been very lucky to get 2 tabs of acid from a freind, hes so excited as its very rare around these parts. SMIM has had 2 previous lsd experiances the first was very mild, nice buzz but not any real visuals. The second just didnt work at all. The problem SMIM has is that the freind didnt really ask the source of the lsd how strong it is. He wants to make sure he has a good trip this time. So what does everyone suggest? doin both at the same time or just doin the one and maybe taking the other later on?

2. Ghost Pipe

Ghost Pipe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    a suggestion sence that is all you are asking for, it would be a good idea for him to take one of them, then wait a little while(about an hour or so) giving it time to start to come up, if he is comming up strong, then he should leave the second one for anoter night or if he has a good abount of time on his hand eat it later that eavening

from experiences I has had with lsd, it is possible to get a really good batch of LSD, with upwards of 100+ ug, I has had experiences also where there where 600ug on the tab, lsd is something you can't always be sure of, because unless you know the person making it, you can never truely be sure how much was put into the sheet

3. big-lester

big-lester Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    if they are the same tabs as before, SWIBL would take both of em. but if they're different ones, definately DON'T take both at the same time. in that case, You could do as ghost-pipe says, first take 1, wait a while (1-2 hours) see how that works out.

but be careful, sometimes it can take pretty long for the acid to show it's true power. sometimes you only feel a bit trippy for the first 1 1/2 hour, and suddenly you start tripping balls. this is possible, be careful.

4. M3th

M3th Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Most LSD symptoms are visible at around the 20-45 minute mark.

5. Wflash

Wflash Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    The "hmm.. this one isn't working much, might as well have the other" approach often leads to a real ka-blammo! when the two hit in a bit later than expected.

You shouldn't spend too much time looking for "visuals" either. I think most people expect something they're not going to get in that respect. For most people SWIM reckons that it's not so much a case of seeing things that aren't there, but a case of seeing what is there as if for the very first time - with all filters a preconceptions gone - making it appear truly fascinating. I do also get kind of red/green patterning flowing about his vision a bit too, but he's clearly aware that it isn't some physical "thing that isn't there".

6. grandbaby

grandbaby Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    51 y/o
    Also, if one is a pot smoker, one can kick the trip into a higher gear (and increase visuals) by blowing a small amount of weed once the acid has shown how strong it will/won't be. It can increase confusion, too, especially near the peak, so do tread carefully.

7. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    True about the pot. A friend of Swim's was surprised when Swim told him that psychedelics were very cereberal on their own; he had done acid many times (long before Swim), but never without smoking weed! It was just the circle he was in - there was always weed, so they always smoked it, even when doing other things like drinking or tripping.

I think that explains the seventies. Everyone was just high all the time, leading to the trippy, spaced-out psychedelic art from that era. My friend Swim thinks psychedelics and cannabis make a fine toy, but the true (therapeutic|visionary|spiritual) power of psychedelics happens when they're taken by themselves.

ECL

8. roserjoe

roserjoe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Kind of a random question. Did Leary smoke weed much?

9. ieatplaydo

ieatplaydo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Leary was picked up twice for marijuana possession. The first time he was taking the fall for his daughter, i hear. Well, he went to prison and escaped to ... i wanna say.... algeria? Yeah he escaped California and went to Algeria as a political prisoner or some such stuff.

10. mfrieze

mfrieze Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    usually I don't start to get full effects of lsd until about 1 hour and 30 minutes into the trip unless he smokes bud then the trip starts getting very strong. but becareful smoking weed with lsd. alot of my friends sometimes have panic attacks after smoking weed while tripping. sometimes smoking weed makes me even a little paranoid at times even about his health and while on an acid trip weed can bring out the paranoia even worse!

11. roserjoe

roserjoe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Strange, I remember him saying he is 1000% against recreational use of drugs, yet him and his daughter smoke weed, lol.

12. psilocybin

psilocybin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.K.
    my fairly inexperianced with LSD the first time he tried it he waited an hour and a half, felt nothing, took two more tabs, and 5mins later was trippin balls off the first one. I had a good night, but had it been stronger it could have gone bad. So i recommend doing the first, then waiting this long.

13. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    ^^^SWIJ and her friends have a theory that the LSD knows this will happen: So the first tab will ALWAYS kick in 5 minutes after You has taken the second :p

14. mr. strawberry

mr. strawberry Newbie

Reputation Points:
    What about the tollerance build up? if You takes one and takes the second a few hours later You will feel more effects but not as much as if they were both taken together.

15. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    it will extend the experience and enhance it alright but if two are taken at once then You would be peaking on the two of them at the same time therefore creating a stronger peak.