Drug info - lsd taste

Discussion in 'LSD' started by Shroomerite42, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Shroomerite42

Shroomerite42 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hey do any guys like the taste of LSD, I think it tastes pretty good, it has that acidy flavor to it. the only thing I don't like is throughout the trip I have that same taste in my mouth the whole time.

2. kitchkinet

kitchkinet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    5-meo-AMT which is more often found on street tabs than LSD these days has a metallic taste which stays with you for the duration of the trip. LSD has no flavour whatsoever.

3. icemaster

icemaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    yeah I was going to say, lsd is present in such minute quanitities (micrograms) that it would be highly unlikely that one could taste it. Kitch that is an interesting theory, apparently the effects of 5-meo-AMT is closer to mescaline than lsd...

4. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    LSDis extremely acid. You should be able to taste a acid sensation when nibling on it. Anyone else who experienced this?

5. icemaster

icemaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    its probably just the taste of the paper (assuming blotter)

6. kitchkinet

kitchkinet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    LSD, as a chemical, is completely tasteless. 5-meo-amt is nothing like mescaline...

7. xergotx

xergotx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    every time ive taken a hit of blotter, ive noticed a sour\bitter taste. and im positive that it was lsd and not 5-MeO-AMT. ive taken lsd around 8 times now, and the only times i didnt taste bitterness were when it was on a sugar cube. all of the others were blotter. has anyone else noticed this bitter taste?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011
  8. kitchkinet

kitchkinet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    a lot of people will say they have now adays because a lot of the blotter tastes chemically because it's not LSD, and how is it you're sure it was LSD and not 5-meo every time? I can tell the difference between real tabs and tryptamines by taste...

9. xergotx

xergotx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i know it was never 5-MeO-AMT because i know i felt it in my spine. back hurt for a couple days every time i did it. and there was no real "chemical taste". it was sort of as if someone dipped it in lemon juice.

10. Shroomerite42

Shroomerite42 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yeah, I guess it was just the blotter I was tasting, I've never done it any other way, so I wouldn't know. It sure does taste real acidy though every time I take a blotter hit, but I dont know.

11. kitchkinet

kitchkinet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    LSD has never made my spine hurt, even in high doses but I've only ever eatne silver fluff. could be psychosomatic.

12. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    Best acid I ver had tasted like grapes.

13. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Sasha Shulgin says pure alice tastes very bitter.

14. Premise

Premise Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I actually love the taste. Looking forward to the taste is part ov the overall experience to me (Step 1).

15. teterev

teterev Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Couple years ago occasionallyI got two microdots.In order to test the strenght,I decided to crash 'em and dissolve in water,then consume in 2 takes each.Even 1/2 of the dose was very potent,but water solution had NO taste or smell whatsoever. Blotters are also tasteless 4 me,thou - it's a good idea 4 the next time-to make pH test.

16. Kemikaru_Tenshu

Kemikaru_Tenshu Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    Most of what you taste is the other chemicals used to buffer or tablet or dissolve the LSD. When the drug is deposited on a medium such as blotter paper there is a larger amount of the solvent which is used as a carrier present in the dried product than there is LSD.

LSD itself does have a bitter taste as Alpha said, but it is present in such minute quantities that the taste is barely perceptible. This taste is far overshadowed by the other chemicals present, so relying on the taste of a pill/solution/blotter to tell you the quality of said pill/solution/blotter is not a good method.

In the case of a blotter, what this will tell you is if the blotterpaper is just blotter paper or indeed blotter paper which was infused using a solvent. It tells you nothing of the presence of LSD on the paper. The water solution of LSD will have no acidic qualities as a result of solvated LSD from a taste point of view.

~KT

17. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    I never tasted any taste with acid. Blotter or dots had no taste. If you chewed the stuff up (dots were so small that whatever medium was used to make them out of had no taste). I wonder what was used as a filler to make tabs of acid?

18. teterev

teterev Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Is it a hemp-blend paper that is chlorine-free and acid-free,andprints made with soy-based inks ?

I agree with your point ~KT

19. hellnick

hellnick Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've noticed the bitter taste when taking microdots - some black ones had a very strong taste (and effect).

Is there still much acid around? - Anyone I ask now never has any. There are always mushrooms, but I really miss acid. Suppose I'm too old... ;)

20. magic mad hatte

magic mad hatte Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Acid has its own special taste... can't describe it, but it was always the same. And that taste was intensified during the trip and became more metallic - and I could smell and feel that taste :)))