Drug info - lsd trip gone wrone orange juic or milk is the answer?

Discussion in 'LSD' started by wallydam, Mar 20, 2006.

1. wallydam

wallydam Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i heard that if an lasd trip goes to stron or your having a bad trip just chuck down orange juice or milk so it would go better is that true?

2. Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC

Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have never done LSD but that sounds like a myth. I may be wrong though. I probably am, but that sounds bogus.

I know that if you drink orange juice or have some vitamin C pills before a Shroom trip, it makes it stronger.

But im not sure about making a bad trip, BETTEr, just by drinking orange juice or milk...

3. The Doors

The Doors Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I have read before that it milk can make you calm down but it doesn't just end your trip, don't know if it's true or not though.

4. wallydam

wallydam Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i am not sure if they end your trip but i am tacking about calming down and does orange juice or vitamine c will make your trip stronger in shrooms i tried it but what about acid?

5. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    sounds like bullshit

6. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Yea definitely sounds like bullshit. I remember reading a thread and someone said that they love drinking milk while on lsd so that definitely wont terminate a trip. People claim and vitamin C or Oranje juice intensifies a trip so many people drink oranje juice while tripping. It might not intensify the trip but it sure does not terminate it.

7. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Sounds like a placebo effect at absolute best. I'd put that one on the list - next to LSD staying in your spine forever.

8. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Benzo's are the only thing I could possibly recommend for bringing down the intensity of the trip, or at least the anxiety that one may experience..

9. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yeah definately some benzos.
    If the trip is becoming bad for someone you are with (and they don't know every little fact about the drug like some of us) I would make something up about something you may have in the fridge or cabinet to calm them down (placebo effect works wonders).
    Maybe tell them:
    "take a couple asprin blah blah blah the chemical in asprin binds itself to the LSD and relaxes it's effect on you, and WILL help to calm you down! It sure helped me on MY bad trip!" (I'm sure you could think of something a little better though, haha.)
    This is of course bullshit, but when nothing else helps, I would say to try and make up something that sounds like you know what you are talking about to achieve a placebo effect (just make sure whatever you give them won't have any complications).
    Because on trips, it's all just in your/their head. If they think they are calming down, they probably will.
    This is just a tip.

10. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I've heard of how sugary fruit juices can both intensify or mellow out a trip. I don't believe either to be honest.

11. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    my friend swears that orange juice brought him down from a bad trip but I think it was a combination of placebo and the trip coming to its end.

12. Toltec

Toltec Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Sure orange juice worked for your friend, just the same way a change of ones set and settings may work for someone else. The "placebo Effect" especially works well for those who are under the effects of LSD or any psychedelic for that matter. It is just up to the user to learn how to create one that works for them. It's all part of the ritual

For me turning a trip from bad to good; would be the act of putting on the Wish You Where Here CD by Pink Floyd. Anyone can purposely create a catalyst using anything just for this purpose. Placebo can be a wonderful tool if used in the right way. It's a form of magic, words and beliefs simple as that, the hard part is remembering to create a ritual that works for the reader of this tread!
    Cheers

1. 3/5,
      spot on.
      May 4, 2006
  13. calebsmyth

calebsmyth Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi

Just to let you know, the answer is no! Once the drug is ingested that is you for at least 8 hours...orange juice, water, coke, all a myth...u just have to wear it out,...

14. dirk

dirk Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I'm with Toltec on this one.

It's all about belief, the orange juice "myth" has proven usefull for myself when I've been co-tripping with people on thier first couple of mushroom trips.

I usually embelish it by adding that it doesn't neccesarily stop a bad trip straight away,it takes half an hour or so to work and it works best if you drink it then sit down in a calm environment with some really soothing music.

It's perhaps the only LSD myth that should be allowed to remain in my opinion.

15. ClicheName

ClicheName Newbie

Reputation Points:
    On Swm's first time, he took milk, and the placebo effect works wonders. It does not end your trip, but just knowing at that point he needed something to calm him down, he took it. If you know a friend on a bad trip, just feed them some bullshit and give them a vitamin.

16. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    A friend of mine flipped out on LSD and thought that he WAS an orange. And if anyone touched him - he would turn into orange-juice.

So I rather doubt this method would have worked for his situation. It would reek of cannibalism. He eventually crawled back into his normal (weird) state. Normally I would give the person a hug and tell them all is well to go through their hell - but he would have seen me as a large juice-press. Ah well.

17. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    So Nag, that was your friend? I know some people who told me their friends friend had that happen.. And one different guy even said it was his cousins friend.. I have actually heard that story in a few circles, starting back in highschool.. Except this guy lives in a mental hospital somewhere and is suposedly still like this... LOL :p

18. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    My citrus-based friend got married, moved to New Hampshire, and now lives in a barn. Not a mental hospital. His wife lives in the house.

His days of fearing the Cosmic-Juicer are well behind him, I am happy to report.

19. bman1

bman1 Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  20. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I have no clue. Let's say it's not an episode he cared to brag about. He also thought his saliva was poisonous, and spent a few months drooling into a paper cup. But he recovered enough to wish to try LSD again. He didn't have a good time though...

He complained that everyone at this party Bongo threw were all female impersonators wearing make-up and lipstick. He was reassured that it was just very strong LSD, but he remained skeptical. It was mutually concluded that he not use psychedelics again.

Now he haunts the third floor of an old barn in the North Country. On damp and foggy nights of the Full Moon, one can hear him howling across the moors...LOL.