LSD vs Mushrooms

Discussion in 'LSD' started by StigmataLectron, Feb 27, 2006.

1. StigmataLectron

StigmataLectron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    First off, I'm sorry if this is in the worng forum, which it probably is, and second off, I'm sorry if this sort of discussion isn't allowed (since I'm not discussing specific prices, I figured I'd be okay). And now for the post:

I have no experience in shrooms or acid, but has read a lot on them. As I understand, LSD is hella hard to make, takes a whole lot of specialty equipment and education, and the works. Mushrooms seem easy enough to grow with the right equipment, which could cost a person around $100 or less and a month and a half of time to grow a batch. As far as the drug, they both seem like similar trips, with the main difference being that the effects of LSD last around twice as long as mushrooms. So, what really baffles me is that, per dosage, LSD goes for a fraction of the price of mushrooms. Why is this? Am I correct in believing that since LSD doses are so fsking small that producing x grams will give 5x,000 heavy doses, it's naturally a lot cheaper, or is there another reason to this?

Thanks for any replies, and again I'm very sorry if I'm breaking any rules by asking this.

1. 3/5,
      No price discussion: Full Stop!
      Feb 27, 2006
  2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Although producing LSD in bulk is quite expensive, a single blotter is quite cheap because of the vast amounts of blotters produced at a time. Mushrooms tend to be produced in smaller batches and are also more difficult to transport and smuggle which adds to their cost.

3. StigmataLectron

StigmataLectron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Ah, that makes sense. I still find it kind of interesting that you can get nasty-tasting mushrooms, or you can get a trip twice as long for a fraction of the price.

4. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah, and that's not to mention the fact that many people just don't do LSD anymore because of uncertainties about what in the world they are putting into their bodies. After many years of aching, painful, dirty trips consisting of whatever might have been inserted onto the little white square, many people feel more comfortable with the mushrooms. Why? because at least they know what they're getting. and if you picked them or grew them yourself, then you *really* know that there's nothing 'funky' in there.

5. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    although mushrooms are genrally more expensive than lsd they are well worth the money. with the quality of lsd these days it seems to me that mushrooms are more reliable. the price difference is the simple economics of the production of the two drugs.

6. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Growing mushrooms is much cheaper than buying them at street cost.. For under $50 bucks you can grow ounces to lbs of shrooms, if you learn what you are doing... To produce LSD you will be spending a minimum of about 10K just setting up a lab and finding precursors, considering that is even possible... Swim loves the LSD trip the most of any, but synthesizing LSD is not a project that can be set up easily, where as, IMO, a trained monkey could produce a nice crop of shrooms in 5-6 weeks, avg...

7. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Many prefer a natural drug like psilocybe mushrooms above a (semi)synthetic one like LSD. Another main argument is that most people prefer a shorter Shroom trip of 4-6 hours opposed to the 10-14 hours of acid.

8. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Also, I has learned, many people are willing to do/try mushrooms but have been made afraid of lsd by the damned gooberment lies.

9. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    SWIM prefers LSD because he's not likely to do it as often and therefore respect and value it more, there's no nausea on the come-up, and it's cheaper.

10. melt_000

melt_000 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    i was wondering about this too. although i would say the risks of buying unverified shrooms are at least equal to that of unverified lsd. at least there's less of a change of outright poisoning with lsd.

11. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    The only cases of mistaken identity with mushrooms I've seen and heard of did not involve poison. It involved unsrupulous rats selling dried shiitake's sprayed with low-grade LSD25. For a considerable price. These were dubbed Psuedopsilocybe Hoffmanii.

12. fatmanstan

fatmanstan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Ha, I just read this last night in Stafford's Psychedelic Encyclopedia. Yeah, apparently back in the mid-1960's, when PharmChem was still accepting drug samples for testing, found that a *very* small percentage of mushrooms sent in for testing were actually psilocybian, the vast majority being regular mushrooms dosed with lsd or PCP, that's when one of the chemists at the lab dubbed them Psuedopsilocybe Hoffmanii, of course after Hoffman.

BTW, anyone know if you can still send samples into PharmChem, the address is in the encyclopedia, but I don't know what kind of legal BS goes with that now adays.