Lungs (actual)

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Nature Boy, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Someone ripped into some hash last night (hash & tobacco cocktail in a joint) and noticed that my their lungs felt retracted and a bit sore afterwards.

Does anyone know of a way to clear out the lungs. Are there any exercises or foods that can help clear it up. We should all worry about our lungs in the long-run. Anybody have any tips?

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  2. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    I think the only way is to lay off for a day or two. lol anyone like this idea. Nah i havent heard of any techniques to clear out the lungs. It could be the tobacco as well, i know your not a smoker from your other posts. Its just the bodies natural reaction, smoke of any kind isnt supposed to be in there so after more and more time things like this will happen. Man i know some guys with coughs that would shake the floors. Ive been around dope for years and the only method ive seen is dealing with it. Anyone else?

3. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    Natureboy I've thought about this before also, is there anything we can do on our own besides laying off smoking? lol I don't really think there is, I've looked online too and haven't found anything. But I am currently saving up for a vaporizer, before any real bad damage sets in.

4. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Look into a vaporbrothers one, they are the shit, nothing but good reveiws from me and my friends who use it.

Muirner

5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Most official studies I've read into concerning the effects of cannabis on the lungs tend to say that marijuana doesn't cause as much damage as tobacco despite it containing more tar.

It appears that the lungs retract to tobacco smoke whereas as marijuana smoke opens the lungs much like a lozenge would.

Only problem with that is, good weed is quite rare here and most of the time we smoke tobacco/hash cocktail joints.

Guess I'll have to start growing my own, eating hash more often, or move country entirely. [​IMG]

6. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Caffeine can temporarily help breathing, as it's a vasodilator. You might also try getting a script for an Atrovent inhaler, but they usually only give those to people with COPD (emphysema).

7. Motorhead

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    You should try those hot knives out NBL. Or you can always smoke hash in a pipe, bong, houka, whatever. Or just substitute the tobacco with that shitty weed in your joints. I enjoyed hash in joints as well, but i found it inefficient sometimes, alot of hash to make a J, and alot burning away when passing it around or holding your toke.

8. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Thanks for the tip.

There's nothing like a strong cup of coffee with a jay. [​IMG]

9. Zandorf

Zandorf Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    en expectorant like guafenison and a hot shower might help clear some
    of the crap from your lungs too, it used to help me after a day of
    heavy drinking and subsequent smoking of too much tobacco..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  10. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    I LOVE hash!

Fresh hash is beautiful, and late at night with coffee
    even better.

Use a fine screen when smoking hash and don't be
    affraid to double or tripple-up on the screens in your
    pipe.

A little goes a long way.
    Enjoy the flavor, enjoy the moment,
    ...but most of all, just enjoy.

11. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    To bad hash is a rarity around here, and what's available kinda wants to make you puke. Woodman has a good tip here that applies to bud too, use a fine screen and even double or triple it. I sometimes do this with bud and it really seems to help with less tarry smoke and no crap pulling through.

12. Motorhead

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    Hash in a pipe is wonderful. If you crumble it right a bowl can be passed many times. Nice slow burn. Soft slow pulls.Also a pipe with a bowl cap is awesome.