Opinions - Luxury cigarettes

Discussion in 'Tobacco' started by Imperfectcircle25, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Imperfectcircle25

Imperfectcircle25 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Any one here smoke the higher quality and more expensive "luxury" cigarettes such as Nat Sherman, Dreams, Dunhill, Davidoff, American spirit...etc? When I descided to cut back from a pack a day to half a pack a day, I also descided I would smoke a better quality cigarette as sort of a reward and it seems to have worked. I now smoke much less but actually enjoy each cigarette I smoke. Another plus is that most of these "luxury" cigs. are additive/chemical free and while it says on the box that additive free does not make smoking safer, I still feel better that i am not consuming extra chemicals and additives.

Has anyone had a similar expereince? I went through a period of time of a month or two try all the various luxury smokes I could find locally. I really likedAmerican Spirits regular(blue) and Perique(black) which has a unique flavor which is nice for a change. but my favorites were Nat Sherman. They are a NYC based company which was more known for thier high quality cigars, but also makes cigarettes. They make a very large variety of cigarettes from the basic (Classic) which is my favorite everyday smoke to the specialty cigarettes like the Havanna Oval or Hint of Mint. These cigarettes imo are the best you can get, but they are pricey at almost $7 a pack. But if you the type of person who enjoys the best and your a smoker you should definitly try out some of thier products.

If you guys know of any other cigs like Nat Sherman let me know

2. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Well, SWIM sometimes smokes black devils, and sometimes davidoff as well.
    He enjoys black devils the most because of there nice vanilla taste, and they have class with their black paper and golden edge.

3. armatitumor

armatitumor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Yeah Nat Sherman makes a good cigarette. They make the only menthols that I would smoke. They also make some really cool looking black and gold cigarettes. In NYC they're like 8 or 9 dollars / pack though.

4. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    A Certain Mouse has been smoking American Spirit rolling baccy for about 18 months now. He found the ready-mades hard going - too tight & very hard to get a drag on - but the 'baccy is lovely. A bit too lovely in fact. He found his intake stepped up a notch for a while at first, so defeating his plans for using it to cut down. The lack of chemicals in it does make a difference though - he's had less chest & throat problems since (despite the initial increase in intake!), & he can taste the crap in other brands when he finds himself having to use them. Well worth the extra quid or so.

5. Imperfectcircle25

Imperfectcircle25 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I also found the American spirits to be hard to smoke, you have to really suck to get a drag which is a shame because other than that i really liked the taste of the regular(blue) and Perique(black). But I just couldnt deal with having to go through so much trouble to get a decent drag. The Nat Shermans are the best ive found so far, but your right they are quite expensive about $1.50 more than most smokes. The best bet if your in the city is to take a drive to the Long Island/NYC border and buy them, they are about $2.00 cheaper once u cross over the city limits.

6. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I used to smoke export As, and american spirits when those were not available. SWIM then quit smoking, but really disliked commercial brands after switching.

7. hotaru

hotaru Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Not a (daily) smoker, so SWIM's all about trying luxury cigs on the rare occasion that he feel like smoking. Unfortunately, he lives in a rural area where no one feels the same, so is pretty much limited to American Spirits and various clove varieties.

Has anyone here tried Treasurer brand? Something like $22 a pack, unflavored, so their claim to goodness rests on superior-quality tobacco. Curious to know how good they taste.

8. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim likes Nat Shermans. They taste good, and take longer to smoke so I don't smoke as much.

I tried a mint Nat Sherman while drinking Bailey's on the rocks recently. It was like heaven.

9. Sickman

Sickman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Nat Sherman Classic Lights are probably swim's all-time favorite cigarette.

When swim starting worrying about spending $3.50 for a pack of Camels vs $6.00 for a pack of Nat Shermans, swim realized he was smoking too much tobacco.

10. laws0n

laws0n Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I recently bought a pack of "Sweet Dreams Vanilla". He might smoke one everyother day just to destress so 7 bucks for a pack isnt bad at all. They are a little bit smoother in SWIM's opinion but SWIM also thinks that atleast the "Sweet Dreams" brand is just as much a gimmic to get people to buy them. They have nicer packaging and are alot more appealing to teenagers who just turned 18 to buy than a pack of Marbs or something. I have yet to try anyother brands but will soon.

11. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Black devil for me too, excellent taste.

12. chemlove

chemlove Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    i don't know if these qualify as high quality but i don't smoke and when i do its always

Djarum Vanilla i find them yummy,

13. maloman

maloman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    has no one here tried sobranie black russians?
    im pretty sure they are most expensive in the world

14. jordan_

jordan_ Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Kent Futura, mmm... Stylish white butt and space-age looking cigarette box.

15. soma

soma Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    SWIM seconds the Djarum comment above.. He likes Djarum Specials, and they most definitely cost more than your average cigarette. In SWIM's area, they cost around $9.50/pack