Made a vaporizer

Discussion in 'Cannabis paraphernalia' started by searcher, Jun 4, 2005.

1. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    out of a clear 100 watt lightbulb, a cap from a soda bottle and a plastic straw. Works great.

2. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    kinda already talked about... you coulda brought that post back up

Muirner

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2009
  3. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    Do you smoke the dried up leftover weed after you've vaporized it ?

4. lilsteve

lilsteve Newbie

Reputation Points:
    haha, no way. i wont. you might just prefer to pack a bowl of sawdust.

5. pokeymcsmot420

pokeymcsmot420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I made that before he joined this site, read it here tho.

i didnt really like it at all, charred too much, didnt give the "vapor" effect for me.invest in a cheap vaporizer off ebay if you agree with me.

plus, does that not look likesome kind ofcrack pipe to anyone else.

6. Fred the Janitor

Fred the Janitor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i made one too, works fine for me

7. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    You dont want a cheap vaporizer. I say this out of personal experience and general consinsus of the board. A lightbulb vaporizer is about as cheap as they get, so i wouldnt try going cheap again. Also when lighting the weed, you dont wanna smother the bottom of the light bulb with the flame trying to get the weed as hot as possible. You want to add flame as neccessary. You only want toadd more heat when the weed isnt burning the THC after.

Remember that a vaporizeris only used to burn the THC off of the buds, not to burn the buds and the THC, becausethe buds offer nothing more then pretty green coloring, and holding the THC

Muirner

8. MescalinePirate

MescalinePirate Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah my friend has a vaporiser [BC Vaporiser] that cost him like $200 NZD. The thing works great.

9. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    What does that translate in USD (if u know off hand if not dont worry). Vaperbrothers makes a very nice one for ~$160USD, they also make a Dual heating element one. [​IMG][​IMG]

Muirner

10. JewishNazi

JewishNazi Gold Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    200 NZD = ~144 USD

11. ottawa

ottawa Newbie

Reputation Points:
    wow that sounds like a great idea i am going to try and make one tonight and i will post the results!

12. grecian

grecian Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from aruba
    swim and his mate made one of these (lightbulb vapourisers) and they both agree that its a good way of smoking but absolutely nothing compared to the real thing. they have been arguing about how to make it less harsh. I think that the blow-hole (dunno if this is the right word) is not big enough (its not much more than a few pin pricks thru the bottle cap.) so I think that making it bigger will make it easier on theier lungs and throat. does this sound reasonable?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2006
  13. ryanstein

ryanstein Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I made a vapouriser after his tolerance started goin up but everytime I used his homemade vapouriser he got a horrible headache and I went into a dumb high...his friend has a store bought vapouriser that got swim stoned out of his mind. is this normal or did swim do somethin wrong makin it.

thanks

14. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    SWIM made the light bulb vape with a small clear one and this is the best peice I have ever made.

15. gotxp

gotxp Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM also made one of these, they work great for your dorm room where smell is an issue, but other than the nothing beats the real thing

16. Kid A

Kid A Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I hear tell that when using a vaporizer, it makes Indica and Sativa the same so you cant tell the difference when it comes to effects. Is this true? Is there really that big a difference between Indica and Sativa to notice?

17. julian

julian Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    this is ridiculous.

18. gotxp

gotxp Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The reason Indica and Sativa feel so different is due to the different ratios of the other cannabinol... sativa has less THC and more CBD, where as indica has more THC and less CBD (if I remember right).. anywho, I believe THC is the most readily evaporable... therefore the THC would be the more prominent cannabinol... so, someone could say they percieve a vaporizer as making them similar (they would be noticing the THC similarities).... but, in all honestly you can usually tell the difference... SWIM personally finds vaporizers a totally different buzz in general.

19. grecian

grecian Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from aruba
    http://www.medicalmarihuana.ca/strains.html

Here is a quote from Hilary Black of the British Columbia Compassion Society:

"Indica and Sativa are the two main varieties of the cannabis plant used as medicine. There are many strains that are crosses of those two varieties. Within each of those varieties and crosses there are a huge number of individual strains, each with a different cannabinoid profile and effect. According to anecdotal evidence, the Indica strains are a relaxant, effective for anxiety, pain, nausea, appetite stimulation, sleep, muscle spasms and tremors, among other symptoms. The Sativa strains are more of a stimulant, effective in appetite stimulation, relieving depression, migraines, pain and nausea. We are now aware of specific strains that are effective for specific conditions and symptoms."

I use this medical example as it highlights clear differences whilst also noting similarities.

The way this is most commonly reported on a recreational level is that indica is body high and sativa is a mind high.

I cannot see any reason why You smoking through a vaporizer would change/harmonize the effects of the indica and sativa strains.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  20. BeetleJuice

BeetleJuice Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    I think what he may be saying is that the THC might burn at a lower temp then the CBD,so theoreticly if using a vapor on an sativa,one might get more of the thc and less of the cbd.
    that said i have no idea as swim never smoked from a vaporiser but it could be possible.. in theory