Question - Magic mushroms, are they worth it ?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by doesit, Sep 25, 2019.

1. doesit

doesit Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from cote_divoire
    i have been pickinf libs for couple years now, got harvest this year, 2+g dried, 10g wet.

been over year since ive took em.

but all said it helt like bad hangover.

i took em raw, 30mins in i could feel body relax, nice cold feeling on the brain, followed by fractals, once it peaked i had interesting flashback on my day and i felt how messed up i was during that day, totally zoned out on benzos, could recall entire day events which led me to see me being like out of my head junkie who was all over the place, hyped and sort of not a care in the world how i behaved.

thou disappointing part was next day - killer headache which lasted entire day, drained of energy feeling tired. i didn't lose myself really while tripping but towards end i felt like zombie.

i have recpect for mushroom but entire experience aside come up was total mess.

i tried to dig in deeper to find what is my purpose and goals but i never got to the point.

so question is this normal to feel totally hammered and out of energy next day, as i gained little insight but nothing that would changed my in my perspective, as in there was no good feeling afterwards just scrambled brain.

i know some take larger dosages to leave reality behind but its not id be willing to do.

as in comparison few times ive tried weed it was quite similar but more of bouncing ideas, warm feeling and general calm, but with mushroom its like total opposite.

maybe i dint drink enough water or cleanse day before taking em, but few trips i had usually ended up the same - more exhausted then any insight.

am i doing this wrong or is it way magical mushroom usually taffeta people.

2. Randy Trevor

Randy Trevor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    I think i understand what you are saying. I consider 2 dry grams of shrooms to be a small dose, and as you said, a low dose trip leads to alot of introspection. I usually just wind up feeling bad about how much of an asshole and failure i am. I need a heavy trip, like seeing peoples skeletons jump out of their skin type trip to have a good time. I dont know if this means i have a guilty conscience or i just have a big heart.
    I do have a "dirty" feeling the next day after shrooms. I dont think this can be avoided.

3. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Chicxulub Impactor Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    weeell--

And you wonder why you feel like shit the next day?
    I mean, doing first benzos then shrooms is a bit weird - I would have killer headache worth 800 mg ibuprofen (at least) too.

I've not as much experience with liberty caps, we have different shrooms in the mountains around here, but I always thought them, when I ran into some feeling somewhat more 'poisonous' than our local wild growing sorts, from which I never even in much higher doses (5+ g dried) had any hangovers.

Give your body and brain some more time between benzos and psychedelics next time, and I think you will find that shrooms are actually worth it.
    BBW

4. Ketagirl

Ketagirl Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from UK
    Benzos kill a trip on mushrooms, from past experience I used 50mg of diazepam to stop a bad trip, this might be to much for some people but I had a diazepam addiction

Another time me and my ex was going to eat mushroom chocolate, but we had diazepam not long before, so decided not to eat any as it would of wasted the choc,

I've only done acid and mushrooms a few times but it made me anxious and depressed, like I was stuck in my own head remembering horrible things that had happened to me, no hallucinations which is what I thought I'd get from it

Maybe it had something to do with what at @Randy Trevor said

This was exactly how I felt the first few times I did it, before I knew benzos could stop a trip and even what a benzo was back then

Maybe if you try mushrooms again, don't have benzos in the days leading up to it,

Then again some people just don't react well to mushrooms or acid trips, it effects everyone differently

5. doesit

doesit Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from cote_divoire
    well i should clarified once i was tripping i basically relived events of the day when i was quite hammered on benzos - it gave me perspective how i behaved and interacted and in those moments i realized how detached i would of seemed to others and in general. Plus always thought benzos would be likes to stop the trip in case it goes sideways.

thou reading on other forums seems its very common experience to feel so after trip, and only preparation is not to use any stimulants like coffee during the day and properly hydrate with lots of water, and then rest next day to recover.

6. jazzyj9

jazzyj9 Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yes shrooms less benzodiazepines in my opinion. Benzos contribute to depression check the list of side effects.

I think some cognitive behavioral therapy would help you a lot then shrooms from time to time. You could also try micro dosing but I have not had success with that myself. It might help you though.

7. liltowel

liltowel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Utah
    Yes, you just need the right mindset.