Drug info - Magic Mushrooms & Chocolate

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Maxamillion, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Maxamillion

Maxamillion Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I've come across what is sold as mushroom chocolates a few times over the last two years. They are about the size of four "kisses" in the amount of chocolate. I have eaten these about ten times and have never tasted even a hint of mushrooms (or chemical)....taste like 100% chocolate. The effects are identical to mushrooms. My question is Is this mushroom chocolate or a Research Chemical being passed off, and if this Mushroom Chocolate- How do you make it?......There is no physical evidence of anything besides chocolate by looking at it...Oh except the trip.

2. Bodhisattva500

Bodhisattva500 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    The chocolate mushrooms starting being sold as a way to fool law enforcement and also because of the myth(?) that chocolate will make you trip harder. Also they are a good wayfor people tomake more money of their shrooms because the average chocolate has only 2.5 grams in it but issold for the same price as an eighth. They are made by putting dry mushrooms in a blender and turning them into powder. Then they are mixed with melted down chocolate and put in a mold where they harden. Most of the ones I see are in the shape of ice cubes and you can tell that whoever made it used an ice cube tray to put the chocolate in. Next one you get bite it in half. Usually you can see a few very tiny pieces of mushroom in it still. Also because they are already powder they work very fast

3. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    If the mushrooms were added to the chocolate when the chocolate was too hot, it may have destroyed some of the magic. Best to make your own! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2009
  4. jamesluig

jamesluig Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I think the people making the chocolate,extract the psilocybin out with190 proofalcohol.Then they add the extract to the chocolate.That's why you don't taste any mushrooms.There's a tek floating around the net somewhere just do a search.

5. cyberfunk

cyberfunk Newbie

Reputation Points:
    OneDiaDem, how come if the chocolate is to hot it will destroy some of the magic?? How hot should the chocolate be?

6. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    It starts to degrade above 95 degrees.

7. ColdEmbrace

ColdEmbrace Newbie

Reputation Points:
    is that celsius or fahrenheit? im really hoping its celsius. If i
    melted the chocolate in the microwave, and possibly ground up the
    mushies would it work? Oh, and hi.

8. PYITE

PYITE Newbie

Reputation Points:

everything he said is pretty spot on, the main reasons are -

A - much easier to transport and conceal

B - higher profit margins than selling bagged mushrooms (the 2.5 figure
    was generous, kids i know that sell them are lucky to put more than 1.7
    grams in and sell them each for XXX)

C - chocolate conceals the taste

D - can be consumed in a public place (rock concert)

E - people who have never tried mushies before are far more likely to try a "single dose" of mushrooms than buying a whole eigth

9. ColdEmbrace

ColdEmbrace Newbie

Reputation Points:
    so, last nite i make my special chocolate. I kinda went overvboard. the
    chuck is like bigger then a deck of cards, so as we speak i'm trying to
    choke down this big friggin thing, and my teeth are like "noooo!!"
    well, i at least i can't taste them. fuck. this is gonna make me like 2
    pounds heavier. which is to say, if your planing to make mushroom
    chocolates, think things through a little better then me. dipping
    prolly woulda worked a lot better.

10. dmax

dmax Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    The worst thing about these chocolates is that they're sold at eighth
    prices. I think they're about 2/3 to 3/4 as strong as an eighth
    of real mushrooms. I once read an article on the internet (I
    forget the source) about the DEA catching someone driving a car with an
    entire trunk full of these chocolates from Mexico in to the U.S.
    I don't figure the heat is very good for the psilocibin, so if that's a
    primary source of these chocolates then maybe they've all degraded
    somewhat.

11. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    every chocolate that I has made has had 3.5 grams in it, but that 2.5gram thing is an idea to consider for the road tours. lol

but seriuosly, i've seen a lot of rc's being put into chocolates as well, especially 4-ho-det. another idea is to take your ground up fungus and mix it into melted marshmellow/butter. you them mix in ricescripies and mold little cripsy-shrrom treats into something creative. just like the chocolates, mix each peice seperately, so that you are sure of the ammount in every peice.

12. dmax

dmax Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    That marshmellow-rice krispy treat idea sounds delicious. Especially after smoking a little cannabis...

13. pacamohu

pacamohu Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I personally didnt like the chocolate bar i tried. I felt the effect was very
    little compared to the real thing.
    Has this ever happened to anyone else?

14. matti_2003

matti_2003 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Next time SWIM grows some shrooms he will give this a go. you can melt chocolate at a very low temperature it will just take a while. nie idea been able to take them in public without it looking suspicious

15. nEone

nEone Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    FYI, you can do the same thing with pretty much anything that you can
    extract or grind. SWIM hates smoking - and has found all sorts or nice
    alternatives.

Just be careful that your transformed stash doesn't get picked up by a
    little kid.

16. xctico

xctico Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from costa_rica
    hmmm. Both the chocolate and rice crispy sound like delicious ideas. Im sure going to try them.

sounds like Im gonna be cooking some special desserts for myself...

17. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have some psilocybin containing mushrooms he believes to be Liberty Caps. He has about 4 grams of these and wants to try something different to consume them.

He has heard that chocolate has mild MAOI effects and that it goes fairly well with shrooms tastewise. Swim generally uses PBJs when consuming shrooms but wanted something different that may taste better.

He wants to know any comments or suggestions anyone would have on this.

Basically swim's friend already used a double-boiler to melt down some chocolate and then mix it with shrooms while lukewarm and then put it in the freezer. Is this a good method for mixing the two things together?

Also is there any truth to the MAOI effects of chocolate, and if so how much could swim expect this to potentiate effects if at all.

Please let me know soon, as I will probably be trying this within the week. In any case, he will post the results afterwards for all to see.

18. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, a month or so I made mushroom chocolates. But, she didn't feel like going to the store that day so she decided to try melting a Hershey's dark chocolate bar in the microwave and stiring in some dried powdered mushrooms and then let it solidify in the freezer. Quick and simple. Swim can't say much about whether the dark chocolate (which is supposed to have more of the MAOI effects than milk chocolate) intensified the experience. She and her spouse had probably the most intense mushroom trip that either one of them had experienced, but swim also put more shrooms in the chocolate than she usually consumes.

19. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    swim cant say about the maoi but aparently it tastes good swim and friends offen take truffels with choc or mixed in buterscotch moose it makes them taste much nicer you would not need to put yor mix in the freezer though just alow it to cool on the side boord and then if needed place in fridge for 5 min. they have also added some fresh shrooms to cheese burgers aswell yum!

20. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    Yep, that's about all there is to it - melt the chocolate in the double boiler, measure out the mushrooms and grind them up into a powder, then let the chocolate cool down as much as possible without getting hard, mix the powder in evenly, pour into molds (ice cube trays work well also) and put in the fridge.

As for chocolate being an MAOI - it has been said that there are a couple MAO-inhibiting compounds in chocolate, but even if there are, I don't think that they are strong enough to actually be of any use. Chocolate does contain caffeine, theobromine, and phenethylamine though, which should potentiate the trip somewhat.

But chocolate does hide the taste of dried mushrooms very well. Plus, well made chocolates are also a great disguise...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011