Magnesium

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by AdderallJunkie102, Apr 12, 2006.

1. AdderallJunkie102

AdderallJunkie102 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I was wondering about Magnesium, he heard it can help with Amphetamine tolerance and he thinks help with the regeneration of dopamine. How long would it take for magnesium to for one, get absorbed into the body and start effecting it? And two, if it does help repair or regenerate dopamine then how long would it take to have an effect on the dopamine parts of the brain?

Thanks

Oh yea, I was also wondering if there is a certain type of magnesium he must take? He was thinking of taking magnesium oxide.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2006
  2. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Magnesium is an essential ion that your cells need for relaying signals... i.e. signals in neurons.

Mag depletion is quickly resolved with mag replacement, and this is probably what you've heard about amphetamine tolerance, dopamine, etc. However, mag is weird, in that you must replete other minerals as well, if you hope to hold onto the magnesium. Particularly, you have POTASSIUM! Also, calcium, phosphorus and b-complex are helpful in "kickstarting" the mag.

In short: take the Mag Sulfate, Drink Gatorade (doesn't have mag), and take a B-complex vitamin, &/or multi-vitamin. I wouldn't be surprised if you saw results in less than 24 hours...

If you're also consuming alcohol on a regular basis, this is a great source of magnesium depletion and other electrolyte disturbances that should be treated daily with the above recommendations.

Here's some information on mag: (from PDR/health)

It may take a few days for the mag, K, multi-vitamins to work on restoring dopamine-levels... but I am almost certain that the answer to your question lies in replacing the magnesium that is depleted during the course of amphetamine &/or alcohol use. -Dick

3. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    maybe someone can answer this as well...does co-administration of calcium help with magnesium retention?

4. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yeah yeah... sorta. they all work together somehow. the main thing is when everything's all thrown outa whack, for some reason, the mag and the phos must be both corrected because (for some reason--can't remember why off hand) they go together... in other words, you can try all day to pump up mag, but if you don't get the phos up, it won't make any difference and vice-versa with the phos.

-anyways, that's my story and I'm stickin to it--(until tomorrow [email protected]!)

5. stoneinfocus

stoneinfocus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Try Magnesium-orotates.

Orotic acid fixes Mg in th ecells and is a uridine precoursure in enrgy metabolism, pluis Mg.orotat helps modifying the endothelium ( cardio-vascular relief) and erduces heart- stress in three ways !.contributiong to energy mertabolism as a subsrtatr -precursor
    2. reducing stress by modifying the vascular system
    3. fixing the Mg in the cell-plasma.

6. AdderallJunkie102

AdderallJunkie102 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWim only has Magnesium Oxide, would that still be effective?