1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Injecting - Mainlining Vicodin

Discussion in 'Hydrocodone' started by Narzerone, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Narzerone

Narzerone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hey everybody, newto the forums. Anyway, I'm a pretty experienced heroin/oxy user, (although it's been nearly a year since I've done either), and I had a question about mainlining vicodin. Mainly, is it possible or wise. Or is it, (like it's other fellowweaker opiates: codeine), not possible. What worries me the most is the Acetaminophenin the Vics. Will diluting and filtering them, (cooking up), rid the fix of the Acetaminophen. Thanks for the help.

2. PenguinPhreak

PenguinPhreak Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hydrocodone can be extracted from Vicodin using a standard Cold Water Extraction (easy to find instructions, just use the search engine) However, there are things in vicodin that are water soluble, and they will be extracted along with the hydrocodone. If you were to convert the hydrocodone bitartrate to hydrocodone freebase, wash the hydrocodone freebase in warm water, then convert it back to a salt it would be quite pure and injection quality. Unfortunately I can't answer your question on whether hydrocodone is safe to inject.

3. gimmevikes

gimmevikes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    IV'ing hydrocodone

does it work? I have 2 10mg vicodin pills, and he was wondering if there is a way to exract it to get the hydrocodone out? could one then, shoot hydrocodone? may be a stupid question...just wondering...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2006
  4. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: IV'ing hydrocodone

Theres so much acetaminophen in these that IVing them would be more dangerous than attempting morphine or dilaudid, where one is guaranteed only one active product in the pills. In fact I would advise against it alot more than trying to shoot a morphine pill. Shooting pills is dangerous to begin with, but vicodin, percocet, etc. where the opioid is not the only active drug in there is even more dangerous. Even doing a cold water extraction would probably not filter the preparation enough to the point where it would be safe to shoot. In other words: dont do it!

5. Fantasian

Fantasian Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.K.

SWIF has mentioned this numerous times in previous posts. Shooting/IVing Pills as VERY VERY dangerous, even with good chemical knowledge a complete extraction giving no impurities is very difficult to come by. This is by no means saying shooting a pill will cause death or one of the many other unpleasent side effects of destroying venous tissue. Everyday heroin users inject shit into their veins however in SWIF's personal oppinion it just isnt worth it.

6. csharpprogrammer

csharpprogrammer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

I would like to know if anyone ever attempted this.

7. vitamin

vitamin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o

Hydrocodone can clump up in your veins like and clot. SWIM learned this at Pharmacy school.

8. chukbzle

chukbzle Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    my bobcat heard people do it many times through heavy CWE and filter (nasty binders and APAP) anyone my bobcat has known thats done it "didnt like it ,said it wasnt worth it ,felt nothing,just got itchy..soo possible ..? guess so. worth it? dont believe so

9. ironmics

ironmics Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    I would just say no to this. The amount needed to do much would require much more than a CWE. APAP is still soluble in water, just not very well. If You is mainlining, it makes me think that that person is rather experienced with opioids and would probably end much more APAP than anyone would want to stick in them.

10. Yelssie

Yelssie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Can you just crush up and cook then filter Percocet I hasbeen mailnlinghydro morphine but only have Percocet please tell me she would only need to do this once but am afraid of all the talk about the Tylenol and binders?

11. Bling888

Bling888 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I wanted to post that I recently just found out that my son (30 years old) had been mainlining vicotin for about 1-2 years. I believe he was addicted. He just died recently of an overdose. He was so happy and loved by so many. He will be missed....

12. brittnaaay

brittnaaay Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    I saw the date on your post, and was planning on replying just to blast you for posting on an old-ass thread. Then I read what you had to say.

First and foremost, I'm sorry for your loss.
    I still have doubts that he was, in fact, "mainlining" hydrocodone. I wouldn't be surprised if he was addicted to something else, and that it was, in fact, that other substance that led to his overdose/death.
    However, that's pointless to hypothesize over. I realize that. It won't take away any of your pain. Again, I'm sorry for your loss.