1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

TEK - Making a good bong from scratch?

Discussion in 'Cannabis paraphernalia' started by jrock0069, Feb 27, 2005.

1. jrock0069

jrock0069 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    There are no headshops near my house and I recently acquired some urbals. I perfer to smoke out of a bong, so, can anybody help me by telling me how I can make a reliable bong with easy to acquire idems?

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from norway
    A very easy and efficient method is buying a corn-pipe and a newspaper. Roll the newspaper into the desired sise, fasten it with tape or a rubber band, use your left hand to hold the pipe and the bottom hole of the paper, suck thru the other.

Or you can melt a hole in a plastic bottle, fit the corn pipe into the hole, make another hole to use as choke and smoke from the drinking end.

You can also make a glass-chillum easily by breaking a beer bottle. You just use the neck of the bottle, find a stone that fits well into the neck and voila, glass chillum.

3. elbow

elbow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female
    The corn cob pipe idea is good for making the bowl part, if you have a
    drill you can turn anything glass or ceramic into a bong. Be very
    careful with plastic and also with adhesives-they can be toxic as hell.
    Try to go with non-plastic items. Look at a plumbing supply or hardware
    store-they have tons of useful stuff there, like rubber rings you can
    use to make the bong airtight.

4. Fred the Janitor

Fred the Janitor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    i fitted a socket wrench bit ontoa wide radio antenna and then burned a small hole into a cool shaped plastic bottle i had (can work for any water or soda bottle) and pushed the antenna into the hole then i burned another hole near the top and voila, a bong :) hope i was helpful.

5. jrock0069

jrock0069 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I don't have any antenna's. what else could I use for a stem?

Would a hollowed pen work or do you think it would melt?Edited by: jrock0069

6. Muirner

Muirner Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.K.

i would say mucho negative. Lets see so you wanna make a bong huh. do this.. take a 2 liter bottle, cut the bottom off, take a piece of tinfoil make a bowlpiece inside the "neck" (where the cap was) push it down about 1/4" - 1/2". poke around 30 holes...with the excess tinfoil,just push itaround the top of the bottle (where the cap screws on)SWIM found it's easiest to take a decient sizedsquare of tinfoil about 2" x 2" (he thinks) then puttinghis fingerin the middle and wrap the tinfoil around his fingerput in top, and push excess round top)put the bottle into enough water to cover the bottle to the neck (under the bowl piece) put your herb into it. take a lighter, light the bowl and pull up slowly, dont let it out of the water.. when you are CLOSE! to the bottom of the bottle pull the tinfoil piece off (carefully) and put your lips over the bottle, suck in and push down, dont stop till u hit the water... your set for a while now [​IMG]now you have a bong... a GRAVITY BONG!

Or a regular bong, take a 2 liter, drill a hole in the side. but a straw through (a big straw) at the end fit a tinfoil piece to the straw, tape it make it decent sized like =====U (bigger but that shape) and drill a carb in the back, put the straw into the bottle fill with water until the straw is in it and your set.. just model it after a regular bong

Muirner

7. jrock0069

jrock0069 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thanx.

8. Muirner

Muirner Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.K.
    not a problem dude... the gravity bong is probably the best and most herb saving method of ingesting pot. the high is like no other, but expect to want to take a nap at somepoint during the day. SWIM used to do Gravity's and then go deliver food, only when he was doing something was he awake, at the end of the night... he was tired... if u are going to do a gb, let me know SWIM will give u the best way to make one

Muirner

9. EternalReaper

EternalReaper Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Heres a great easy one...

What you need:

1 - 600/510/710 ml pop bottle, any one will do fine.

1 - 4-6" straight tube/pipe, prefeably made of metal.

1 - A Bowl of some sort, one of those ratchet socket thingys works fine, or u can just use tin foil.

- Some tape

- A knife

Instructions:

Step 1: First take the bottle and poke a hole the same size as your
    tube about 2 sixths (2/6) up the bottle. Insert the tube at an angle so
    it's angled down into the bottle. The tube should be as far into the
    bottle as possible and as close to the bottom of the bottle.

Step 2: Get your ratchet socket and put it on the end of the tube thats
    outside the bottle, this will act as your bowl. If you use tin-foil,
    form the tin foil into a bowl shape however big you want.

Step 3: Make a shotgun hole/carb. You should make this hole kinda
    small, make it so you can easily seal it with the end of your finger.
    Also it should be half way up the bottle approximatly. Put it anywhwere
    around the bottle u want as long as its half in the middle.

Now your ready to go. Heres how to use it if for some reason you dont allready know ^_^.

<tt> | | &lt;---"mouthpiece"
    / \
    / \
    / \
    chamber---&gt;| |
    | | \ / &lt;---bowl
    "carb"---&gt; O | //
    | |// &lt;---stem
    | /
    | /
    | |
    | |
    \_______/

Fill it up with water until about an inch below th "Carb". This is so it won
    leak if you tilt it a little bit. Now get some nice bud, fill the bowl,get
    out a lighter, hold you finger over the carb so its sealed, put your mouth
    over the top of the bottle where u drink from, put flame to the bud and start
    sucking (sick i know) while still covering the carb. Take the flame away then
    un-cover the carb and continue sucking to let the fun times begin.

p.s. i got that diagram from another site.
    </tt></font></pre>

<!--
    var SymRealOnLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

SymOnLoad()
    {
    if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
    SymRealOnLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
    window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->

10. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Hey this is just from experience but ifswim isgoing to make a fast easy bong take a 2 litter bottle works perfect for swim take anything and poke one whole in side of it just take the bottle and ur finger and set the bottle down and stand ur finger beside the bottom of it and were the knuckle touches should do fine take some aluminum foil rap it around ur pinky finger and put it in the drinking mouth piece were the cap is and fold it around the outside of the bottle to make a bowl were the cap is and i do mean u have to take the cap off just throw it away and poke wholes in the aluminum foil and take a pen and gut it were u have a hollow piece and stick it were ur knuckle was were the whole u made and then make a carb shot gun whole etc watever u wanna call it just poke a whole about a finger length or 4 inches from the cap anyways that should have explain it if it dont here is easier instructions.

easy instructions tools needed, 2 liter coke bottle basically anything that holds air i have even used a vicks 44 cough medicine bottle before, u need a pen or anything hollow that u can suck from that is about 3-7 inches and some aluminum foil for a bowl, aluminum foil goes in cap pen goes in bottom side and carb whole about 4 inches from top just experiment its fun u can make one from anything that holds air or water if u see anything in ur house u wanna make a bong out of just remember this if u think its impossible, improbable, unlikely but impossible no, nothing is impossible , hope i helped if u dont understand post back and ill try to help u out more or i can tell u of many other ways from waterbongs, waterfalls, bongs, pipes, blunts, joints, even if u only have a ciggerete box i can show u how to make something to smoke from im the mcgyver of bongs lol or however its spelled anyways payce.

11. Muirner

Muirner Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.K.
    what this is comming to is just a bottle, any kind, a way to get smoke in there and if u want water then fine, find out how to get it through there, carb it, and suck through the top

Make a steamroller, that's easy and convient, a papertowel tube, cut a hole in it, then put tinfoil in it (down a lil bit make a vally) and poke holes, steamroller

Muirner

12. dags

dags Newbie

Reputation Points:
    go to a music store that sells trumpets and buy a trumpet mouthpiece, they are probobly like 5-7 dollars. it fucking looks like it was made to be smoked out of. its all metal and has a perfect bowl with a small hole in the middle that turns into a big one. just melt a hole in a soda bottle and put that in and you have a bong. shit works amazing.

btw, if anyone here has a trumpet, i know a way you can smoke out of it by just adjusting some tubes. Edited by: dags

13. TypicalDream

TypicalDream Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A milk jug works too. If you're realy in a pinch, nothing like a soda can for a quick fix. But time and effort you can make some really cool bongs, some I've found even better than anything store bought.

14. Benzhead

Benzhead Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

Used without permission from: Concept420.com

15. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    to the person who said the thing about the trumpet, get this, I play the baritone which is like mini tuba, huge mouthpiece! i'm gonna go smoke out of it right now. I'll be back and post how it went

16. antigenesis

antigenesis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Man, I wish I'd thought about this shit when I played trumpet... and
    even more so when I started playing a baritone. How I would have
    loved to play through a resinated mouthpiece... Oh well, those
    times are gone. [​IMG]

17. cartex12

cartex12 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    the best easy way to make something to smoke out of is making a
    waterfall. take a big deerpark waterbottle or any bottle with a plastic
    cap that has so seal thing u don't want the kind of cap that gatorade
    has. melt a hole with a 1 cm diamater at the bottom of the water bottle
    then take off the cap and melt out all the middle of it. but keep the
    part that screw onto the cap untouched. after removing the plastic from
    the middle get a square piece of tinfoil and wrap the tinfoil around
    the bottom part of your pinkie to make the bowl. then stick the bowl
    into the hole in the cap. wrap the rest of the tinfoil tightly
    around the cap you want the tinfoil to go under the cap. then take a
    needle and poke about 20 small holes into the tinfoil bowl then fill
    the bowl with weed. then put your finger on the hole on the bottom of
    the bottle to hold water in then fill the waterbottle up. screw the cap
    on and hold a flame to the weed and take your finger off the bottom of
    the bottle to let the water flow out. the water flowing out of the
    bottom of the will pull the flame onto the weed do this untill all the
    water is out of the bottle then take the cap off and take it all in as
    fast as you can. do this like 3 times with good bud and you will be
    really fucked up.

sry it was so long really tho it's probrably the most
    simple smoking device i have ever made with the exeption of a tinfoil
    pipe.

18. Cakes

Cakes Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female
    The water out the bottom is great. nice visual and labor free filling of the smoke chamber. all it needs is a valve at the top so water pouring in would force out the hit.

19. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    A while back swim managed to craft a double chamber double diffused perculated bong using 2 cookie jars and a cigar tube, a 20 oz bottle and a bowl he will read this later and consider taking pictures and writing up a tek. right now its just being posted for a mark in bong making history lol
    ,payce.

20. Josh88

Josh88 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from The Netherlands
    Another good way is to use a section of a radio antena as a stem and those small things that bakers use to make designs with icing on cakes. Fasten that on the antena with tape or even weld or soder it on if possible.

This is what the icing tips look like.
    http://cooksdream.com/Merchant2/mer...ct_Code=783&Category_Code=CD&Product_Count=12

One with a round small hole is best. SWIM works at a bakery and makes all his with this