Making Kratom Extract?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by nera, Jan 23, 2006.

1. nera

nera Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    Swim thinks he made an extract, following the princapal that the active ingredience are soulable in alcohol. swim measured out 15 grams of commerical grade, put it in 1 1/2 cups of iso alcohol (99%). I let it sit for over 12 hrs. then i let it evaporate. the result was a green tinted powdery substance. My questions is, is this an extract of all of the goodies. if so than i just made a 15x extract.

-- It didn't do anything, and I don't recommend that anyone tries this. Deleting this thread might be in order for safety reasons.

-- Nera

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  2. kemistudent

kemistudent Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    It sounds like the same stuff the companys are selling as 10x standardized extract. Color wise, light green. How much did you end up with, weight wise?

3. nera

nera Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    It was dark green, and i going about 2 grams from 15 g, it didn't do anything

-- Nera

4. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    That's interesting. That would explain something about the 15X extract that is going around, while it is only 2-3 times as strong as leaf. Anyone up for another experiment? Different routes of extractions?

5. ip.dif.ev.3.min

ip.dif.ev.3.min Mercury Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I gots some kratom to experimant with and wants to extract the 1 alkoiloid that is best, search for info now may start a thread