Oral use - managed to get a pleasant taste out of maeng da kratom

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Derik123derik123, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Derik123derik123

Derik123derik123 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from earth
    Hey guys, afoaf recently bought some maeng da kratom... afoaf is a little above a beginner with kratom... but he wanted to give you guys an idea of how he made his kratom. then maybe you could critique it.

1.)so... my friend starts with about.. 1 teaspoon(slightly over 1, so it's about 3 grams, he's guess)
    2.)he puts it into his mr. coffee cappucinno maker
    3.)He adds 4/5 of a cup of water into the cappuccino maker..
    4.)He turns the cappuccino maker on.. i makes a really dark liquid.
    5.)pours the made liquid into a pan.
    6.)adds another 3/5 of a cup of water into the cappuccino maker..
    7.)pours the made liquid into the pan.
    repeat until brewed liquid is fairly clear
    8.) now there is about 3-4 cups of brewed kratom in the pan.. put the stove on med-high(closer to medium) and boil down to about a cup occasionaly stirring
    9.) pour remaining kratom liquid into a coffee cup
    10.) The coffee cup should be about 4.5/5 of the way full.
    11.) pour french vanilla creamer into your coffee cup.
    my friend used a2.bp.blogspot.com__qmxBS7f_l00_TRJODf3nSWI_AAAAAAAAAw8_lE486p75U8Y_s1600_International_delight.jpg

That is what my friend did to make his kratom.. he said the taste was actually pleasant.

Tell my friend what you guys think :)
    thanks

2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Why did they not just boil it in the pan to begin with? Seems a lot of effort to make when simply boiling it would extract the same amount if not more alkaloids than the coffe maker.

Interesting about masking the taste with creamer though, although the Dr. does not like creamer ;)

3. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from Canada
    A cappuccino maker would keep the powdered kratom seperated from the liquid, with no need to filter the conconction after extraction takes place. My dear friend Dr. Raoul Duke always wondered if that would work. Brilliant.

4. Derik123derik123

Derik123derik123 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from earth
    what bellow said :)

my friend said It seems to work.. He didn't get much of an effect from it.. which I'm guessing is because he needed more kratom. My friend only used a little over a teaspoon.

Anyone else have any interesting input?

5. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Keeping the powder seperate is what reduces the effects in the Dr's opinion.
    He has tried using coffee makers before and has found that the water passing through the powder as steam is not enough to extract enough alkaloids.
    For better effects place the powder into a pot with water and lime/lemon juice and boil it for at least 15 minutes or to as small a volume as is required.
    Strain the powder out, the Dr uses a muslin bag, it takes 1 minute, no more.
    The remaining liquid can then be drank as is or can be returned to the pot and boiled down to a smaller amount.

The resulting tea will be bitter but in the Dr's opinion will contain 2 - 3 times the amount of alkaloids that would be extracted using 2 or 3 runs through a coffee machine.

You can always try mixing this with a creamer.

Give it a shot with the same amount of Kratom and see the difference for Swiyself:thumbsup:

6. erin411

erin411 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.K.
    Maeng Da is delicious anyway...

7. bubbly nubs

bubbly nubs Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I've found that simply mixing it with a glass of orange juice and drinking it down is very painless if a powdered leaf is used. I've got quite a weak stomach and it was very easy!

Did the kratom compliment the coffee or is the coffee there to mask the taste?