1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Effects - MAOI'S and 2C-I

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by festivalravelover=), Apr 11, 2009.

1. festivalravelover=)

festivalravelover=) Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi, I've searched the forum and couldn't come up with anything that has anything with MAOI's and RC's. I have been taking chantix to kick his habit of smoking and I recently ran into some RC's such as Methylone, 2C-I, and 5-meo-dmt. I was wondering if the chantix would affect the way these RC's worked? any help would be appreciated. Thanks:thumbsup:

2. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    chantix doesn't appear to be an MAO-I, where is that coming from? That aside, it would probably be a bad idea to be the first person to test that combo, both are new substances and there's always the chance of an unforeseen reaction. Chantix is only taken for a few months, no? Best just to wait.

3. Prea

Prea Newbie

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o from U.S.A.
    from erowid

4. Valseedian

Valseedian Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    But WHY not take maoi's with phens....

5. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    OH YEAH!!! I forgot that was a phenylalanine. They cause (combined) over heating, rapid heart beat, headaches, at best, heart attack and death at worst. Yeah the MAO-I causes all the unpleasant stimulant effects to increase. Can't believe I forgot about that with all the chocolate/MAO-I research I've done, I always forget how to match letters to chem families. Yeah, bad stimulant issues, potentially lethal, don't fuck with them.

Is chantix an MAO-I?