1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Combinations - MAOI's, Kola Nut and HBWR

Discussion in 'LSA seeds' started by slayering666, Aug 17, 2009.

1. slayering666

slayering666 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from Australia
    I can't post any links but after exploring another forum i came across the following information and being the extremely paranoid cautious type i'd just like to check the safeness of these combination's. I know combining MAOI's and Kola Nut is an absolutely horrible idea that i will never attempt, not sure why but according to erowid Caffeine + MAOI's is a dangerous combination.

But i'm interested in the combination's of either

HBWR: 5 seeds + MAOI's: 3 grams of syrian rue seeds

HBWR: 10 seeds + Kola Nut: 2 teaspoons

I'm aware that MAOI's is a potentially extremely dangerous combination from the brief tidbits written in this forum but i couldn't find any real in depth information about the combination. I've read about people taking it and not finding the trip overly dangerous but significantly more potent. However I'm not entirely convinced that its safe, the doses SWIM was considering was 3 grams max of Syrian Rue seeds combined with 5 HBWR seeds and some MJ to wash it all down. SWIM has taken doses of 10 seeds and 15 seeds once. So would 5 seeds with the Syrian rue be equivalent to 15 seeds? Approximately how much does will the MAOI's increase the LSA's effects?

The Kola Nut is more intriguing because swim read @ entheogen forum that Kola Nut packaging reads:
    Which brings me to the question of is this accurate and will it be as effective as the MAOI's? And how will the trip differ from the combo of MAOI's? Will the caffeine make the trip more racing? SWIM hates all stimulants with a fiery passion and doesn't really want to feel any stimulant effect when tripping.

SWIM does not encourage anybody to try either combination as he has no proof that either are safe!

Oh and reading various threads by using the search feature i was able to find information but the threads contradicted each other with some saying it was dangerous and stupid to try and with others saying they've tried the combination with great success...so while this information is covered, its covered in the most confusing way possible =S.

2. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Kola nut should be fine, the caffeine may even offer some protection against the vaso-constrictive properties of the LSA, on the other hand, Syrian Rue is not a good idea, and even a small dose will be uncomfortable at best.

3. allenadale

allenadale Newbie

Reputation Points:
    59 y/o Male
    Swim suspects this would be a miserable combination. Swiy may only wind up potentiating the toxins.

4. whiskers

whiskers Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from india
    Mabe kola itself is an MAOI, which is how it produces the distinct effects compared to other caffeine plants.