marijuana made her sick, why?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by vagabond, May 9, 2007.

1. vagabond

vagabond Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My friend smoked weed for the first time a few days ago. She was ok at first but then started complaining of a headache and nausea. Then she just started throwing up and didn’t stop for at least a few hours. She was all hot and shaky but completely lucid. No one else who smoked the same bud was effected abnormally. She had eaten recently and had no other substances in her system. What went wrong? She says she always feels a little sick when she’s around people smoking weed? Could she be allergic or something?

2. brighteyes88

brighteyes88 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    swims had headaches before, but nausea only hits him when he drinks and smokes excessively...
    swim actually knows a couple of people who always feel crappy when they smoke, and have therefor never really cared for it.

maybe swiy's friend just had too much?

I had a friend who threw up from 1 ciggarette...

it definately sounds way too hectic for anything swim can think of, sorry guy

3. josephjab

josephjab Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM (Someone who isn't me)'s very first time smoking was just like that. I smoked a lot and just got really reallyy reallly high and SWIM ended up in the bathroom vomitting, actually it was more dry heaving until he fell asleep. It suckeedd but SWIM smokes every day now and it never happens. Your friend could be possibly allergic but that's highly rare, if she smoked a lot she could have just gotten real dizzy and it could also be a state of mind thing. When SWIM starts thinking he's too high he starts feeling nauseous

4. Heretic.Ape.

Heretic.Ape. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My crazy lab monkey says he's seen a few people get sick from smoking their first time, usually girls oddly enough. She may have some type of allergy but couldn't really tell you for sure. Probably just hit her wrong in some way, never met anyone who gets sick regularly. Was she drunk? That can definately do it. Perhaps just can't "stomach" smoke in general, really gets to some people. Does she smoke cigarettes or have adverse reactions to people smoking cigs?

5. vagabond

vagabond Newbie

Reputation Points:
    she's ok with ciggarettes. she wasn't drunk. and she was definitely vomiting not just dry heaving. said she didn't swallow any smoke either.

6. oldfart

oldfart Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Any time you introduce a chemical to someone there are actions and reactions. I got really sick the first time they did Cannabis and yes that SWIM IS alergic to the weed. However it was probably just the receptors being created in the brain so fast that the equilibrium was affected as well. The feeling of queasy whenever she is around it is a ghost feeling that she invents due to the first time bad experience. It is one of the brains defense mechanisms.

7. josephjab

josephjab Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well I'm saying SWIM only dry heaved cause he didn't have stuff in his stomach, but I mean at first hel ya vomit was everywhere. I think she just got "too high", got dizzy or something. I just really doubt she's allergic cause those cases are really rare and the usual symptoms are not liek getting sick, its usually rash-like, pimples or something but anythings possible.

If she wants to try it again I don't think it would be dangerous or anything and I bet if she did , but not so much, she'd be fine

8. Heretic.Ape.

Heretic.Ape. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'd wager it was just a first time thing, it happens. But if she smokes again tell her to only smoke a little bit to see how she feels, maybe a small hit just to get her feet wet. Sometimes a big high can be unsettling the first time. My monkey had a great time the first time he smoked (and he got r-i-p-p-e-d), but adverse reactions do happen.

1. 5/5,
      sage advice
      May 9, 2007
  9. old hippie 56

old hippie 56 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I agree, does sound like anxiety, scared she gonna get caught, etc. Next time, go with swiha advice. Hell, the first time swim smoke, we got pulled over by the law. Now, that was scary. Just knew that everybody in the village would find out.

10. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    SWIM's girfriend can't smoke cannabis. She had the same reaction-- panic and nausea. Don't know if this is a physical intolerance or a psychological one. Not everyone likes cannabis.

11. oldfart

oldfart Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Nor Should they! It is not for everyone. Only those that can handle it should ingest it.

However, one time is not enough to base an answer from. I know most people that smoke joints pass it till it is gone. If they did only ONE hit this time, 2 another time. I am not forcing it on anyone, but if you try something and do not succeed try, try again. 1 hit, OK... 2 hits, OK... 3 and she might get sick , know your limits. Just cause you can smoke mass quantities does not mean that they can.

12. OrganicChemical

OrganicChemical Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have had panic attacks from smoking twice that caused her to dry heave and pass out. I have never actually vomitted from it, but she would have had she not been VERY scared of vomitting and already had pretty good self-control over it, for psychological reasons SWIM just can't puke unless she HAS TO. I think it's certainly a psychological panic attack. Smoking for the first time is scary if you're not in the right mind set.

13. VitaminK22

VitaminK22 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.K.
    This is whats called a whitey where i come from, did she go white? this sort of thing is usually caused by a panic attack, which can be caused by not eating, not sleeping, anxiety, paranoia or just general illness.
    My guess is that she was anxious or even scared of smokin weed, especially if she needs to keep it a secret, being in this state when you first start smokin weed can cause alot of paranoia.