Cooking - marijuana milk

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by reeeeef, Aug 25, 2006.

1. reeeeef

reeeeef Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    so i've wanted to cook myself up some of this for quite a while, but just now got around to my first attempt, but was a bit disappointed. what i did was heat some half and half (i figured it'd work better cause it has more fat) in a double boiler then empty a tea bag and fill it with a couple bowls worth of bud, then put the bag in the milk and let it simmer while stirring it quite often. then i mixed honey in cause i thought that'd be a nice touch for the taste. maybe that's my problem because i read later that sugar interferes with the absorbtion of thc into the stomach or something like that, but i figured recipies like cookies and brownies have lots of sugar and are known to work. but anyway, the effects i got were long lasting, but very light, and i saved the weed and smoked it later after it dried ( i know it's gross, it was in milk, and in retrospect i don't reccomend it) and i felt next to nothing from it so it would seem as though the thc at least made it's way out of the bud. so that's my story, i really want this to work successfully so i was just wondering if anyone has suggestions. maybe i'll try butter next time in stead.

2. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    First off, read the rules on self-incrimination before further posting.

Next....

It You used half & half maybe there wasn't enough fat content to really coax the THC out of the marijuana. Also it may be that You didn't let it go long enough, hard to say.

Here is a report from someone who used this method with success.

I personally suggest You tries this recipe from Adam Gotlieb's Cooking With Cannabis

Note that you don't have to use the quantities suggested by Mr. Gotlieb (Plus I don't know if they were transcribed correctly, so just do it by eye), just follow the basic premise.

Another possibility is this:

Also, I amn't sure how important this is but almost all recipes he has seen involving heating up milk say to use a double boiler ----> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_boiler
    This helps maintain a more exact temperature.

This is important as milk scorches easily. You should heat it over low to medium heat until bubbles form around the edges.

Worse yet, the milk could curdle, which wouldn't hamr your ability to drink it but it would certainly be a very gross texture!!

And just in case You needs more ideas here are some things I found on erowid relating to the topic:

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=27264

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=6870

Drinking is a cool way of consuming cannabis, but it takes patience to do correctly. You should try out some of these recipes and see if they work for him. I would personally recommend the milkshake recipe most as it is quite easy to do.

3. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    If you want to do it the fool-proof way, just leave the Buds in room-temperature milk, for 24 hours or so.

Heating the milk will make the extraction quicker, but the reaction will also occur at room temp.

4. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^^^^^

Good suggestion. I forgot about that.

Thats probably what helped swim get good effects when he ate large quantities of hash as he gulped it down with milk. Strangely enough though, he did it before without the milk and still got effects. He doesn't really know enough about cannabis and digestion to explain how it happened.

Much easier than boiling, though you have to be patient with it.

Does anyone know how refrigeration would affect the transfer of THC and other cannabinoids into the milk? i.e. would different temperatures of storage be more effective for this method?

5. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Bajeda wants to know: "Does anyone know how refrigeration would affect the transfer of THC and other cannabinoids into the milk?"

Yes, you can also refrigerate the Milk. It takes quite a while in a fridge. They are usually set to be at 39 degrees (almost freezing); this REALLY slows the THC from migrating to the oil in the Milk.

I have heard from others that 60 hours in the fridge will do a good extraction (and 90 hours should absorb nearly all of the Goodies). For the fridge method, it's good to stir up the mixture several times over those 2-and-a-half days (or, if you put it in a Mayo jar, just shake it up, now and again).

Good luck for anyone "cooling-up" some CannaMilk.