marijuana + paxil??

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by skitz0frantic, Jul 29, 2005.

1. skitz0frantic

skitz0frantic Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    ive been on paxil about a month, 20 mg's a day, i been smoking a bit of weed and noticed its been more intense, and stronger high then before with less green. I read that on erowid, but couldnt find too much anywhere else. would any1 know if its dangerous too mix the 2 on a long term basis?

2. AcmeSewageCo

AcmeSewageCo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Paxil as well as most antidepressants should not be mixed with alcohol or marijuana...Alcohol and marijuana can both contribute to the depressive or anxiety features the medication is trying to treat and also inhibit the effects of the medicine... Combining marijuana with antidepressants can cause confusion and occasionally hallucinations or delusions... Yeah... In that sense sure it's dangerous... Unless you are searching for those effects... If you want to make your antidepressant null and void... And perhaps venture into a delirious state... Just make sure your not taking other drugs with anti depressents... Especially MDMA and otherpsychedelics so they say... But it could just be propaganda... You can only get lucky so many times with your cannabis mix... Chronic euphoria can never last forever... Keep that in mind... Always... Personally I have never been on antidepressants... So hey... Maybe you will not have problems... But always try to be safe... That's all the info I've got... Cheers [​IMG]. Edited by: AcmeSewageCo

3. jarka

jarka Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from finland
    I had no problems mixing these two.
    Mixing MDMA & Paxil - The effects of MDMA are probably near to nothing.

4. skitz0frantic

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Yeah i read alot about that. MDMA and Paxil will give you nothing, no jaw clenching, nothing. I read with mush, you would need to eat a bit more then usual too. My doc gave me paxil to chill out, i dont need something everyday, just once and a while. So im gona be askin for some sort of benzo :) haha benzo's are sweet. with weed it makes chill so damn good, and coming down off E, pop a valium or something and your good. I dont wana giveup my green, so im definitly stopping the paxil today. thx for the input. peace

5. Mike177

Mike177 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SSRI anti-depresents will not cause any serous or bad reaction to any phycadelic, other than the possable lessining or complete cancel of the effects. Once I had been on diffrent SSRI's and had taken diffrent phycadelics at the time as well. SWIM noticed a decrese in effects, but they were not gone. SWIM never did MDMA during this period.

SWIM Smoked daily on SSRI's no problem. Now, when I think back to it he is inclined to beleve that the SSRI's might of actually helped make the high better. I didnt like the SSRI's for several resons, but was probly better off on them and learned that in time.

6. skitz0frantic

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Just wanted to post again. I'm completely off the paxil, and weed feels like the same old stuff I used to smoke! My withdrawl was not too bad, considering alot of ppl get mad shit happen to them when comin off an SSRI. So im out for now.