marijuana propaganda

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by ryanstein, Jul 18, 2006.

1. ryanstein

ryanstein Newbie

Reputation Points:
    since most agree that theres a lot of gov't propaganda on marijuana that is untrue or exaggerated, wat r some ideas and opinions to get the truth out. Personally i think if there wasnt so much propaganda, much more ppl would agree to legalize chronic, which would turn the wheels to legalize it.

instead of just talkin about propaganda, wat can we actually do about it??

wishing to see legalization in my lifetime

2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    One of today's biggest problems is the myth that "skunk" marijuana high in THC content is highly addictive. There's nothing that proves this although every government website out there still flogs this dead horse. It's also sad to see many people clinging onto the old-fashioned gateway drug theory when it's pretty damn obvious that people who use harder drugs would probably have done them anyway whether they had ever used marijuana or not. There's the black market issue in there as well which almost everyone ignores. If you're buying weed off a dealer, it's only a matter of time before he/she offers you cocaine or heroin.

3. old hippie 56

old hippie 56 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    The medical professionals would rather have you take drugs with a high abuse rate than use a all natural drug grown in your backyard.

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    "instead of just talkin about propaganda, wat can we actually do about it??"

Have some respected professionals write up a truthful article/pamphlet about cannabis. Not just glowing reports of how safe and great it is - put everything into it including how some (few) people can, indeed, have a very negative reaction to it.

To do this with impact will require ignoring the outright lies in the government propaganda. Spending the limited attention span most people have to refute bullshit will not serve to educate. You MUST focus on the primary goal: To actually introduce information that will educate the reader without politicizing the issue. Let the book-burning witch-hunters play that card.

In the immortal words of Joe Friday from Dragnet: "Just the facts, Ma'am."

5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I think it will take a few years until anything like that will be undertaken and given credible respect. Not with the Republicans in power anyway.

6. ryanstein

ryanstein Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yea i agree that nothing is goin to happen anytime soon but seriously im gettin tired of waiting. every1 is waiting and talkin about all the cases of propaganda but im ready to start doin somethin instead of whining about it. yea yea we all kno its there but nothing is ever goin to happen until some kind of movement or somethin similar starts.

7. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    An overview of all studies on cannabis done until now, is much needed. It would be a monks task(close to 9.000 studies), but worth while if handled the right way.
    I really liked the recent mushroom study on mystical experiences. After the study was finished, instead of releasing it they gave it to the most prominent professors on the matter and had them write a review on it. This gave the study much more weight. Then they added a Q & A for the press, which is really a replacement for an interview and released it. This way the press could make a variety of articles from the same material. The study reached the media world wide. You can be sure this study will be used in court cases on mushrooms around the world. The same can happen for marijuana.

8. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Give Cancer to all of the wives of the US senators.

Then, as they're all barfing away all day for a while, THEY will try Pot, and see that it calms them down like NO other medicine in the world.

9. desolated000

desolated000 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It baffles me that politicians seem to ignor the thought of legalizing weed, where as alcohol is legal and much more dangerous. Perhaps a boycott of alcoholic beverages? Everyone could smoke weed whenever they want a beer.

10. ryanstein

ryanstein Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i was thinking more like protests in DC or making brochures on the real facts of mary j....petitions, just to show a point to the politicians that more and more ppl r learning the true facts of marijuana...