Marijuana Tea...has anyone tried it???

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by liquidsnowboards, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liquidsnowboards

liquidsnowboards Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm just wondering if anyone has ever tried tea made from marijuana and if it works well or not. I wanted to try it but all I have is a microwave so I cant boil water, just heat it very high. Its hydro so it's good stuff but someone please tell me if it works...the only reason I'm even trying tea is because I live in dorm rooms and it's really hard to smoke around here without getting caught so if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated....Thanks:smoker:

1. 3/5,
      He is obviously lying. Later he does not SEARCH.
      Jan 17, 2006
  2. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    It doesn't work.

3. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Forget about microwaving cannabis. SWIM's mum(yes, you read that right) once came back from a party at the major's house. The major had reaped a couple of cannabis plants from her garden. Which was ofcourse way to much bud for the majors friends to party on. The plant material was dumed at a suited disposal place: SWIM's kitchen. Mum made a huge pot of soup from that. She called it the witches cauldron. That turned out quite descriptive. Since SWIM & friends had not much productive to do in that period of life, My friends and I fed on the soup for many different occasions. There is a big difference between smoking and eating marijuana. The impact is much more intense and the duration much longer. Consider it as two different drugs with remote simularities. It felt as being in the spirit world. Percieving the world in a different way. Many grey-blue electrical colors where seen around people. A lot of laughs and contemplation where anjoyed as well. I like cannabis tea/soup much better than space cake from hashish.

4. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    ^^I was under the impression tea didn't work, the reason being that THC isnt water soluable. So was there some form of fat put into the tea and soup You ingested?

5. liquidsnowboards

liquidsnowboards Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ok so if tea doesn't work then what about peanut butter?

ok...so if the tea isn't going to work...i heard that you can put weed on crackers with peanut butter...put them in a microwave for a period of time and eat them and get really fucked up..but I don't want to try it if it isn't going to work. Anyone have any insight?:smoker:

6. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Why dont you just make some cannabutter and spread it on some toast or something? And dont put pot in the microwave, so I hear.

7. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I broke up a load of hash before (about 2 or 3g) and put it on a big spoon. Then I added some olive oil and heated the hash/oil combo until it bubbled. Then I threw it straight into a cup of tea. It got me pretty stoned but not massively out of it.

I dunno if the same would work with weed though.

8. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    I need to add that the soup was made as real soup. Boullion, veggies and all. Actually tasted good. So it was no real water extraction. There where fatty ingredients involved. SWIM's cat finished about at least a quarter of a small tree in the months thereafter, while My friends and I where trying to go easy on the very nice stuff.

9. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Try mixing it with some kind of yoghurt-- then you get Bhang Lassi.

10. liquidsnowboards

liquidsnowboards Newbie

Reputation Points:
    how exactly do you make cannabutter???

11. Woodman

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    Alfa, it must have been some of the fat that activated THC in Mom's famous soup.

Years ago (when the earth was young) I stupidly wasted plant material by boiling it up as tea.

The only reward I received for my effort was horrible plant-like aftertaste that lasted hours after I'd forced myself to drink that worthless brew.

12. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    This Thread was started with several problems.

Liquid said that he can't boil water in his Microwave. If this is true, it must be the only Microwave oven in the world like that. I boil water in mine. I have friends who boil water in theirs.

Liquid says he WOULD have tried to make Pot tea but his Microwave won't boil water. This sounds pretty lame. Most people don't use boiling water when they make tea (me included), just Hot water.

Anyway, there is another Thread where we discussed making Pot tea, and that it wouldn't work (unless adding milk, to absorb the THC).

Then Liquid's next Post says: "I heard that you can put weed on crackers with peanut butter...but I don't want to try it if it isn't going to work." Liquid has ignored all of the Threads about edible Pot. And, now he is claiming that he is afraid to try it (even though he was told that it will work), unless one of usgives him the OK. Uh huh, sure.

Then, Liquid's next Post says: "how exactly do you make cannabutter???" Why the 3 exclamation points? A quick SEARCH will show probably a dozen Threads which discuss Cannabutter (most of which explain "exactly" how to make it).

This Thread is a waste of time and space (except Alfa's Soup story).

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  13. Woodman

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    Point taken.

Topic closed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.