Opinions - married on xanax? (Alprazolam)

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by be2, Apr 8, 2006.

1. be2

be2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Making long story short, we are getting married. We are planning a very private ceremony at home . We love each other but also have many "Marriage doubts" so to make us more relaxed and be sure that none of us will back off at the last minute we decided to take xanax 1 hour before the event.
    He is 6' 230# she is 5'6" 165#. What dose should we take, can we crash the pills and mix the powder with orange juice? Is it possible that we will get married against one's real will. For both of us it will be the first and probably last time we'll take benzo.
    Please advise.
    It's very important to us.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Wow! It seems like you almost need Xanax to stop you from saying no at the last moment. I can understand if someone takes a downer to cope with the stress of the whole event, but if you need a downer to cope with the fact that you are getting married, then that sure is one big indication to reconsider the whole thing.
    I can understand that you may be nervous about all this, but at the same time this is going to be one of the key moments of your life. Handle it how you will. Most downers, make me numb. Very numb. That's great if you're going to court, taking your drivers exam, but marriage?

3. oldman

oldman Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    downer would definitely be a downer. actually think about what your doing. take some e if you're gonna take something to make you offer your life long everlasting love yadayadayada. at least that will really make it special. screw benzos. it would be the = to 1 fast dry martini before walking out front and center.

alfa's right. dumb idea. why not give some nice person who came to your wedding and is sittin through that boring crap the xanax please.

4. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Just get a little bit drunk, like everyone else does! :)

5. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Benzos aren't necessarily more relaxing than alcohol, they are just less hamrful to take on a regular basis. I'd suggest havings a few drinks.

6. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.

Ok I'm only going to make one comment....

If you need to take benzos to get married to your girl, my suggestion is to not get married....

OK, two comments...sorry....

You need to work out your doubts about getting married BEFORE you get married....

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  7. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I agree with sitbck here. if you must do benzo's to make sure you dont say "I don't" instead of "I do" then you probably should put off the mariage plans for a while.

Everybody is nervous naturally, but that's why alcohol is served.... and that's also why there is usually a casual reception held immidiately afterwards to lighten the mood and break lose.

8. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    WOW, you guys are really freaking me out here!!!

I know I've referred to my fiancee as my 'wife' on many occasions, but the fact is that she's still my fiancee. We've still got a month or so, and i already feel the need for some SERIOUS nerve pills! So, I can relate. Not saying that I disagree with everyone else's suggestions, it's just that I'm getting sweaty palms just reading your post.

I do like the alcohol idea though. Maybe I'll just let the booze take care of me as well!

-Sleepless in Seatle.