1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Maximum Hydrocodone Dosage

Discussion in 'Hydrocodone' started by Slight Of Hand, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Slight Of Hand

Slight Of Hand Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    I have been using Hydrocodone for quite some time now, and has stuck with a normal regime of roughly 5 7.5/750's per day. However, I feel less of the rush now and I would like to know generally would would be a maximum dosage on Hydrocodone that could be considered "Safe"?

2. RaverHippie

RaverHippie Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from New York, U.S.A.
    Re: Hydrocodone Maximum Dosage?

I really hope You knows what a cold water extraction is. If you don't UTFSE immediately!

3. rokman nash

rokman nash Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My friend Dave tells me you don't feel any "buzz" after a certain point. As far as maximum safe dosages I know he has taken as many as 50-10 mg vics in a day and survived(we will find out shortly how his liver has fared).Now he certainly doesn't recommend that to/for anyone,but uses it as an example of where you can end up "chasing the buzz".

ROC
    do the day or the day will do you

4. youdontknow

youdontknow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    try 7 I will be fine and hopefully get a buzz. Also I could move on to bigger and better things, percs, oxies, dope. Less effect on swims liver and stronger buzz.

5. RaverHippie

RaverHippie Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from New York, U.S.A.
    7 is also an overdose on APAP, enough to cause legitimate permanent liver damage. If you're going to offer advice, make sure it comes with common sense like giving the link to the TEK on extracting APAP from hydrocodone pills by dissolving in hot water, chilling, then filtering. Also I doubt it's everyone's plan to move on to stronger drugs like it's a good thing...

6. youdontknow

youdontknow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ok well I have taken more than 7 countless number of times, and has absolutely no liver/kidney damage.

And if your gonna do drugs you might as well make it worth it.

DeadLegend added 1 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

oh and BTW most junkies dont have the patience to do a CWE. So why post a link to it? When I feel like shit and wants to get high the last thing hes gonna do is a CWE.

I have eaten 25 5/500 vicodins in the course of 12 hours before and nothing happened to him. 7 and You will be fine. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  7. AvidFan

AvidFan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Has You had extensive CT scans/ultrasounds of those organs lately then?

The dosage being talked about is damn dangerous in terms of APAP/Paracetomol/etc

Patient X would just warn the OP that unless You wants to end up being a slave to drugs for many months or years by going on to harder stuff (after all, if You is prepared to risk liver damage for a hydro buzz, what is You going to risk for an OXY buzz or a heroin buzz - job, family, sanity, life?).

Some of us here who aren't us have been through this and are just coming out the other side - many aren't so lucky.

Just a thought, seeing as this is the addiction support section, and it's Christmas ;)

8. RaverHippie

RaverHippie Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from New York, U.S.A.
    Alright you've clearly never read that 4g of APAP in one day is the maximum amount to be consumed in a single day and 1.5g APAP is the most to consume in a single dose. You've also clearly not picked up this is first and foremost a harm reduction forum. Therefore clearly offering advice which is clinically proven to cause liver damage is not tolerated. We make no assumptions about what "junkies don't have the patience" to execute. We offer advice and solutions to remove the ingredient which kills more people throughout the world than all illegal drugs combines, APAP.

9. youdontknow

youdontknow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    actually yes I has had a CT scan recently.

10. Herbal Healer 019

Herbal Healer 019 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from france
    Percocets have oxycodone/acetaminophen in them too so they're not any better for the liver than hydrocodone/acetaminophen & heroin is ussually adulturated/impure so that's no help to the liver & kidneys either.

& God Damn 25 5/500 hydrocodones is just plain stupid considering the lethal dose in many people is only 10,000mg acetaminophen, clearly SWIy is a lucky exception, but I garuntee he has damaged his liver with that amount of tylenol. Not doing a CWE when taking high amounts of hydro is not about being lazy it's more about being ignorant to the consequences of 1s health.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  11. youdontknow

youdontknow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    CT scan says all my organs are in perfect condition!:thumbsup: And i know it is stupid im not saying its not, but the fact is that he would be fine if he took 7 of them

12. chillinwill

chillinwill Newbie

Reputation Points:
    How would You know this? Every person's body is different and how they metabolize and handle drugs

13. RaverHippie

RaverHippie Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from New York, U.S.A.
    Please, stop making assumptions about people's body chemistry based on your own personal body chemistry. Everyone is different, you can't ever know how something is going to react in someone else based simply by how it affects you. This only leads to unsound advice like the kind you keep perpetuating throughout this thread.

14. lerms

lerms Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM just took 4 7.5/750s on a somewhat full stomach and did not feel anything for about 2 hours and now feels a little bit. is this still bad? its 30mg of hydro and 3000 of tylnol?

15. PsychoActivist

PsychoActivist Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from U.S.A.

Just cause You doesn't care enough about his body to take precautions doesn't mean he can go around assuming others feel the same way. Even if his organs are in perfect condition doesn't mean it won't kill someone else. You can't go around saying just because he's fine everyone else will be.

Remember hearing about Travis Barker (the Blink 182 drummer) and Adam Goldstein (DJ AM)? They were in that plane crash and were the only 2 survivors? You think Travis Barker tells people "Hey man, Don't worry about your next flight. Its no big deal if the plane crashes. You won't die. See look at me, I was in a plane crash and well... here I am!"
    This example may seem a bit extreme but the amount of Acetaminophen in question is considered by the vast majority of people who have any knowledge of drugs whatsoever, to be dangerous and one cannot base his/her conclusion on how it will effect another person solely from their own experience.

Maybe "most junkies" that You knows. Everyone I know, if taking a does that has over 1500 mg's APAP, have no problem taking an extra 5-15 minutes of their time to use a much safer method. I mean seriously, It requires no materials that anyone wouldn't already have in their house and takes very little time. The simplest method can be done in less than 3 minutes, while others can take up to 20 minutes or so.

So, to SWISlight Of Hand, you can lose 5-20 minutes of time in your life by taking safety precautions or you can take the risk of losing the rest of your life by not taking safety precautions and going into liver failure. (Or at best end up taking a trip to the hospital).

This decision isn't one that should require much thought.

Cold Water Extraction FAQ:
    https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52325&highlight=cold+water+extraction

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  16. youdontknow

youdontknow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yes, slight of hand, You would be smart to do a CWE. That would be best. BUT if you dont feel like doing that then 7 will be fine. You isnt going to die or have your kidneys shut down. Granted there is a very slight chance that it could happen, with You having a tolerance to 5 then it should be fine.

Oh and according to what all of you are saying when he eats 5 of them shouldnt he die?

17. RaverHippie

RaverHippie Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from New York, U.S.A.
    I think it's gotten to the point that You may associate symptoms of acetaminophen overdose with the overall opiate feel so that You doesn't even notice these signs.

18. chillinwill

chillinwill Newbie

Reputation Points:
    No and no. A tolerance to 5 has nothing to do with the acetaminophen and everything to do with the hydrocodone. The more hydrocodone's someone takes without doing a CWE, the greater the chance of liver failure. Even if someone doesn't die from liver failure, they can have permanent liver damage. This is just bad advice and since this site is about harm reduction and ways to minimize the risks and harms when doing drugs, no one should listen to this guy about this subject. Sure one person might get away with taking 7, 10, or even 25 hydrocodones without any permanent damage, but can you make that assumption for every single person that comes across and reads your post here? What if someone did die because they listened to your advice about "oh you will be fine if you just down a handful or so".

19. Herbal Healer 019

Herbal Healer 019 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from france
    Yes, & I think u made another thread relating to the topic, but in any case 3000mg tylenol is bad, next time do a cold water extraction because the maximum amount of tylenol per dose is 1500mg or so.

3000mg acetaminophen, depending on the person may or may not do any noticable or detectable damage, but it will still damage SWIy's kidney's & especially liver, so er on the safe side and do CWE. B safe & enjoy;)

& I didnt feel his hydrocodone buzz 4 a minute during christmas due to a stomach stuffed full of mashed potatoes & poppy pods, but sure enough, 2 hours l8r I felt it. So be patient & w8 it out at least 2 hours b4 redosing or SWIy could run into problems (OD, or severe nausea).

FYI...Poppy pods & hydrocodone= gut busting nausea 4 SWIM during the 1st 2 hours of his high...b advised:thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  20. PsychoActivist

PsychoActivist Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from U.S.A.
    Slight, please do not listen to "dead legend". This is not safe.

God I wish I could give him negative rep again. I'd do it for every post he's made in this thread.