Drug info - MBDB

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by enquirewithin, Mar 9, 2005.

1. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    MBDB:s:eek::eek:

I was recently able to try this material for the first time. It chemically closely related to MDMA. Its designer, David Nichols, calls it an "enactogen" a term he coined for psychedelic stimulants like MDMA, but this is based on chemistry rather than effects. He says that its lacks the euphoria of MDMA and can even be dysphoric.

If you are looking for an "ecstasy alternative", don't waste your money on this.

I took 200mg initially orally (on an empty stomach). After about 10 or 15 minutes, I was coming up. After half an hour I felt waves of well-being washing over me, but no real euphoria. There were no visual enhancements. At the one hour point I decided on a booster of 150 mg. Ten minutes later a friend came round unexpected and started telling about a suicide case¬°XI had to asked him to leave, eventually. He also said that I looked like I had had five shots of whisky. By the time my friend left, my mood had turned and I think the booster was too much. I started getting pronounced nystagmus, which was wearing. My mood became dysphoric¬°XI can only describe my feelings as being like the negative mental after effects of speed or Ecstasy. After an hour or so (by which time I wished that I had spent my time and money on something else), I had a brief spell of feeling good, with MDMA type enthusiasms, but mixed with a rather drunken-type feeling.

After three hours, most of the effects were gone (which pleased me). After four hours I was baseline and able to sleep. The next day I had an irritating hangover. In may respects, this material is more like alcohol than Ecstasy.
    Erowid has plenty of positive (if not very enthusiastic) reports about MBDB. Perhaps think the key to an enjoyable experience is too keep the dose low and to avoid a booster.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2008
  2. Rogue

Rogue Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Certainly sounds pretty scary. I don't think I'd try something which I know to produce dysphoric effects though. Have you had any longer lasting effects as a result?

3. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    It's not scary-- because MBDB is not at all psychedelic. From what I
    have read, it is quite pleasant if you take in the range of 200 mg, but
    its seems unproductive to boosters (as people often do with MDMA).

4. sweetsweetmary

sweetsweetmary Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from zimbabwe
    Mbdb, the slow killer, hits you hard as shit in 3 hours. Probably 130 mg's rectally done in a matter of 35 minutes then nothing since. It's been three hours and it has steepened extremely well. So MBDB, methylone, mdma. MBDB Is the koyanaqatsi of the bunch. The original as I would say this should be how it feels. Just that smooth roll. Better then MDMA, An old roll, natural. MDMA is Baraka, the feeling, this is it. The winner. The first one is the one, and is the trademark of the comings for sure. Methylone is Naqoyqatsi, destruction, war, The most fucked up one can be. The ending is just the finalle. Take 320 mgs rectally and Eat a 180 mg capsule to cap the night, 320 done in intervals of 60 mgs, 70 mgs, 90 mgs, 100 mgs, you will know. But Methylone's ending is the eraser, your done, damn, SWIM have definately felt that feeling before, so this is probably not the first time. But the visuals as if the first time, so SWIM don't know. Unreal how Bill Clinton, came and laughed and evil laugh, and Chainsaws buzzing and lots of yellows and reds. Just grueling type of laugh out loud hits. Yeah the pictures were some how just funny, weird. SWIM can see bad things coming from doses of that range. Just like a reconing ball crushing where you live. The deserter, and MBDB is the natural. The kid. The one. MBDB is just better that natural feeling. That SWIM don't care about anything. None of the paranoia which is instant with higher doses of methylone. MBDB, the one.

Also here is an article on MBDB:

Abstract:
    MBDB (N-methyl-l-(J,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)-2-aminobutane) IS the a-ethyl homologue of MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine). MBDB is metabolized and excreted similarly to MDMA: presumably, the majority of oral MBDB is excreted in urine unmetabolized. The main metabolic routes in man are thought to be O-dealkylation and subsequent methylation, sulphation and glucuronidation of the newly formed hydroxy groups. The major acute neuropharmacological effects of MBDB in the rat are an increase in serotonin release in the brain and an inhibition of serotonin and noradrenaline re-uptake. These effects compare well with those of MDMA, although the latter is more potent. MBDB may also slightly increase dopamine release and inhibit dopamine re-uptake, but to a lesser extent than MDMA. This is important, as dopamine release has been implicated in the reinforcing qualities of substances such as cocaine and amphetamine. The neuroendocrine effects of MBDB resemble those of MDMA. Both substances increase plasma ACTH, corticosterone, prolactin and renin. The neurophysiological effects of MBDB are characterized by a decrease in electrical activity throughout the brain, most notably in the alpha2 and delta frequency bands. In contrast, hallucinogens increase the activity in the alpha1 band, especially in the corpus striatum. In drug discrimination tests in the rat, MBDB, like MDMA, can be distinguished clearly from both stimulants and hallucinogens. The class of substances to which MBDB belongs may be named entactogens. MBDB dose-dependently increases locomotor activity and decreases exploratory behaviour in the rat and causes distress vocalization and wing extension in the newly hatched chicken. The rewarding properties of MBDB appear to be smaller than those of MDMA, as suggested by a 2.5 times weaker potency in the conditioned place preference test in rats. The main subjective effects of MBDB in man are a pleasant state of introspection, with greatly facilitated interpersonal communication and a pronounced sense of empathy and compassion between subjects. In this respect, MBDB again resembles MDMA. However, there are also differences. MBDB has a slower and more gentle onset of action than MDMA, produces less euphoria and has less stimulant properties. The few toxicological data available suggest that MBDB may cause serotonergic deficits in the brain, although the potency of MBDB to cause this neurotoxic effect is smaller than that of MDMA. Severe acute reactions in man as have been reported for MDMA have not been published for MBDB. The dependence potential of MBDB appears to be small, probably even smaller than that of MDMA. MBDB has been available at least since 1994 but its position on the synthetic drugs market is marginal. Subjective reports indicate that MBDB is less popular among users than MDMA. The reason may be that MBDB produces less euphoria than MDMA. Another possible explanation is that MBDB largely lacks the stimulant properties of MDMA. We calculated a margin of safety with a method similar to one used in the risk assessment of pharmaceuticals. The results suggest that MBDB is three times less likely to cause serotonergic brain deficits than MDMA. However, it should be noted that for both substances the margin of safety is less than one, indicating that the risk of neurotoxicity is not negligible. In animals, serotonergic brain deficits after exposure to MDMA have been linked to the degeneration of serotonergic nerve terminals.

Heres the pdf file:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?rtllgtxmsfy

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  5. sweetsweetmary

Reputation Points:
    from zimbabwe
    Snorted 35 mgs + Another 15 mgs 30 minutes later
    Weight : 160 lbs
    Duration: hour peak effects, half hour minor comedown (real minor)

SWIM Snorted about 35 mgs, then snorted probably about 15 mgs (That probably did nothing) a half hour later. The 35mgs was very smooth, Almost had light visuals to start, kind of like a jacked up beginning of 2c's. Pretty cool feeling if you ask SWIM. This tends to give SWIM tightness somewhere and it felt strong even at 35 mgs. SWIM don't think SWIM have gone above 140mgs on this one to date. SWIM really enjoyed how it peaks almost half way through giving SWIM that long and eventually somewhat strong roll, even at such small SWIM don't think I could imagine 180 mgs!!! Very nice strong powerful no comedown, no hangover roll. MBDB in low amounts seems to be nice. SWIM almost prefer this method because of zero negative effects (except for some tightness. Also only lasted for an hour peak effects, felt as strong as about 80-90 mgs oral, but lasted very short on the peak and just was barely noticeable towards the end, but still a feeling. Swim said valium was taken then no more. Very nice low amount roll, its' hard to call it a roll though because of the short length, but at times the intensity was there. I said he is Close to preferring this at smaller amounts. I said a mixture with small amount of methylone would be fun, and will probably attempted tomorrow...To Be Continued in Methylone + MBDB thread.:cool:

6. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    These "J's" are weird. My buddy Eddie happily traded away his BDB after trying it once. In fact, it had been traded to him in exactly the same manner! It's quite odd that the beta-ketone homologue (I'm not quite sure if this is the right word?) of MBDB seems to have been much more acceptable.

7. sweetsweetmary

Reputation Points:
    from zimbabwe
    I find MBDB to be alot more susceptible to a redose due to it's no comedown properties, it's just all doses should start at around 100-120, Then Boost 30 mg lines insufflated and You can have that smooth roll for a long long time. And with MBDB SWIM spreads his redoses almost a hour and a half apart, and has had no negative effects, but has seen many faces of MBDB, SWIM just doesn't understand how higher doses are better. Methylone and MBDB turned out complimenting each other is such inverse ways, they truly created their own drug (Call it MX rather then M1), which gets You to levels that neither do on their own. I said this is also a way to have your second methylone roll to be better then the first. About the only difference between e and this combo is e has push, this is smoother, and preferred on SWIM's end. What is also great says I am MBDB is smooth on the nose, no problems at all, not even a sniffle. MBDB seems to have a lot of potential on its own it just doesn't quite reach there, just needs a little bit of SWIM's help, but when used as a baseline to methylone (understand that 100 mgs of MBDB will still feel stronger then 180 mgs of Methylone, this is why more is taken), it is the main reason the roll was better and not worse then e. :cool:

8. sweetsweetmary

Reputation Points:
    from zimbabwe
    Dosage 200mgs

MOst SWIM have done yet, we shall see. Just had to poop, and the poop really smelled, something SWIM have never smelled before, really bad. I am getting like chemical burps which SWIM can taste the mbdb come back up and taste it, although SWIM can't even remember ever tasting mbdb, I know what it tastes like because of this response. Coming on really slow as I had just eaten. Getting some very nice feelings and it really is hard to tell the difference between this and lower doses. you's shall see (Yeah yeah heard this before asshole). Man that poop stank, maybe it was the hoagie, maybe. Hard to explain this feeling really just feeling hot, like slightly overheated, palms sweating, blurring of vision comes in waves in the beginning, no push, none, not like I am sedated, but I am not in the mood to get up, put it that way. Weed will be smoked now...

Woh they are friends alot of the negative over anxiety is released like a cannon and the warm feeling of rolling is brought in like Rick Roll at a party. [​IMG]. Ear to ear, this is where folks might have jawing, now I will explain why no jawing ever occurs with me, it's simple, if you can stop it and notice it with ecstacy, it just stopped. I used to get it, but then SWIM noticed I did it, put it back to negative feelings and now find that if my jaw goes that way, SWIM sets his tongue to push down on SWIM's lower jaw, hmmm, never realized SIWM does this, but that is the action, nice. Up heart beat is way up with this amount, thought so, just noticed it beating in SWIM's head, have had similar negative feelings to cocaine, but I am not up, weird, hearts beating in waves, Really noticeable at this dose. NOt getting much more of the good feeling but starting to feel slightly uncomfortable, hey maybe that was the weed, haha, yeah that's what it was and deep breaths help, Kind of like a quiet speed. Hey guys, now is when you's talk about how cool I am and if you's father's, childs, lover had to choose a celebrity to be, it wouldn't be maverick or spock, but Sweetsweetmary, sweetsweetmary, Truly mesmorizes and tells it how it is, don't that guy, that knows the babysitter of the swim's crazy mondane, no not mondane, SWIM don't even know what that means, that knows the SWIM, don't he, REspond!!!

Forget it forget it. To be continued...

I am noticing strong feelings of warmth, and swim's back of his head is feeling it, rather than SWIM's front of his head as methylone tends to tickle, but this is more like a warmth then a tickle, like a body high that creeps up the back of SWIM's neck, Gathering energy as I have been rolling for 20 minutes and has noticed little change in effects, but SWIM's heart has stopped beating in his head, as it did pound a song of sorrow, one time didn't it, and on and onward as the roll don't peak for another hour. SWIM (if swim rights sswim again I am gonna pour some suga on SWIM, in the name of love and swim Loves MBDB wish higher amounts did more.

SWIM Noticed considerable comedown at about 2.5 hours in. I said he was fine with coming down and no redose was even thought about, swim still likes this better 1. Snorted, very nice taste 2. Less.

Last edited: May 31, 2008