Pharmacology - MDMA and buspirone interactions

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by Anna Owens, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Anna Owens

Anna Owens Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Does anyone know if xtc interacts dangerously with Buspar (anti-anxiety med) or beta blockers (to slow down heart rate)?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2010
  2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Beta-blockers should be no problem. Buspar may not be a good idea as it is a stimulant that could cause anxiety to increase. Strange, eh? Some docs think stimulation is the answer to anxiety by giving you a little boost in mood. Boosting the mood too much with a stimulant - or concombinant stimulant - is contraindicated. Knock of the Buspar or abandon the plan without consulting with a cool doctor first.

3. Anna Owens

Anna Owens Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thanks

Thanks. One more question (I've never taken E before so I'm trying to get as much info as I can). I take the beta blocker b/c my heart rate is about 100 bpms resting (if I'm not on it). I know E has speed in it, do you think if I take a beta blocker a little before I take the E that I'll be safe, I don't want to have a heart attack or something!

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    MDMA does not have speed in it. MDMA IS an amphetamine (speed). If your lab rat is advised to avoid amphetamines - then your lab rat should likely avoid MDMA. This is a matter for your rat to take up with it's physician.