1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

MDMA and jaw clenching

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by Sick Jack, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Sick Jack

Sick Jack

Reputation Points:
    Hi folk,

It's monday and my lower mandible terribly hurts.... ;-)

Is there any trick that you could advise me (except from quitting mdma) in order to avoir this in the future ?

Thanks you guys and have a nice day !

2. OiledMandible

OiledMandible

Reputation Points:
    500mg of magnesium an hour or two before dropping eliminates any jaw clentching for SWIM. SWIM might add that he used to clench so bad he once chewed through the screen of a cell phone and required a trip to the dentist

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Avoid chewing gum when rolling. That's a major cause of jaw pain which most people overlook.

4. Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC

Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC

Reputation Points:
    Oiled, i have heard of taking the magnesium and it helping. But my question is, what exactly does that do? And where can swim get magnesium?

Is it sold as pills like the vitamin C pills and other things in that nature?

5. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Won't people be chewing their teeth otherwise?

6. Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC

Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC

Reputation Points:
    I thnink what Nature means by that, is that, if you chew gum... you will chew it WAY to much and will DEFINITELY be feeling it the next day...

Just my guess?

7. Tony Blair

Tony Blair

Reputation Points:
    Another vote for Magnesium. 750mg or so. You can get it from health shops, although cheaper on line (Sorry for the metalsource :)). Its pretty much a muscle relaxant etc,... so stops you being so tense.

Oh yeah, and Calcium has the opposite effect, I think. So don't overdose on Milk or Cheese (or Calcium suppliments) before you go out :)

8. Sick Jack

Sick Jack

Reputation Points:
    @MegaLev

I just ate two yaourts before leaving home and it's the very first time that my mandible hurts so hard, now I know why !

Thank you guys for your advices !!

Sick Jack

9. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Spot on. Chewing anything can be avoided with a bit of self-control while on MDMA.

10. xpr´k

xpr´k

Reputation Points:

on the other hand gum can save your teeth. Swim's not prone to clentching but he always has some gum for when he notices he's grinding his teeth.
    He looses the gum as soon as the clentching stops and he's never had any jawpain.

11. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Perhaps a gum-shield would be best. :D

12. Urban

Urban Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    swim grinds her teeth and shews so much... its so painfuk... once she tried to stop and bit right through the side of her mouth and then the side of her tongue!!!!

there must be another way!!!

x

13. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    5 mg's of diazepam supposedly helps, according to...hmm...was it Shulgin? SWIM would have to agree.

14. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    5mg perhaps but taking more could be risky. Benzos and XTC can be a dangerous combination.

15. RPS

RPS

Reputation Points:
    I agree with Nature Boy, self controll on MDMA isn't that had to achieve (pending that it is not your first time) and the next time you use mdma, you will most likely remember what happened, and will not chew on anything at all.

My 0.02

Cheers,
    RPS

16. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    It also helps if you stretch your mouth open from time to time, and have some self discipline to stop clenching even if it's just for a short while.
    Other than that, maybe you'll experience three days of mild discomfort so it's not that bad.

17. Nagognog2

Nagognog2

Reputation Points:
  18. ThePopeIsMyPal

ThePopeIsMyPal

Reputation Points:
    mouth gaurd? lol

19. wellhelm

wellhelm

Reputation Points:
    When swim went to rave's 10 years ago he would see grown adults sucking on pacifier's(or binki's as they called them) to prevent jaw pain. Is this still done today or has that wierd trend finally been done away with?

20. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Giving up dairy products prior to dropping really helped SWIM. Not drinking tea and coffee, having cream or ice cream on desert really helped SWIM loads. He still gets his face locked into weird positions without realizing it but does not clench or grind anymore.