Combinations - MDMA and Valium

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by cydonicmark, Sep 7, 2006.

1. cydonicmark

cydonicmark Newbie

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    Hi everyone, has anyone done or does anyone know what effect combing mdma and valium(diazepam) has, does it increase the mdma effects or decrease them. I need urgent information on this:crazy

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2011
  2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Not a good mix. One being a stimulant, the other being a sedative, they would counter-act to nullify the effects with the added trouble of putting the heart under unusual stress. Best do them apart.

3. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Valium is nice on the come-down though, it makes You much more relaxed and it's easier to sleep after the role, but combining it hasn't much use and is dangerous for the heart.

4. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I can just about promise that if you go to the ER for an MDMA overdose, the very first drug they will probably give you is either going to be IV diazepam or IV lorazepam.

Stimulants + Depressants = Bad = Myth

The only time there is the potential for a dangerous interaction would be either metabolically (like P450 inhibition/saturation) or secondarily (some depressants paradoxically increase BP, some depressants cause ataxia and you could fall and crack your melon while dancing, etc), or if abnormal amounts of either drug was administered.

I have never seen any credible evidence that suggests that normal doses of benzodiazepines are dangerous to combine with CNS stimulants in normal metabolisers.

1. 4/5,
      Thank you for giving correct informatioon on this matter
      Nov 14, 2013
  5. Psych0naut

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I have read that the combination of CNS stimulants with CNS depressants puts more stress on the heart and vascilure system combined than one of them alone.
    If he thinks about it does make sense, the heart is being pulled at by both sides, the depressants are trying to slow the heart while the stimulants are trying to speed the heart rate up.
    But if SWIRadiometer could post a link with concreat proof that the combination of CNS stimulants with CNS depressants doesn't cause much more damage than one of them alone than that would proof it.

6. WrtngCocaineTutorial

WrtngCocaineTutorial Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    "I have read that the combination of CNS stimulants with CNS depressants puts more stress on the heart and vascilure system combined than one of them alone."

I has read this about heroin+coke, one wears off before the other and heart arrytimia can occur

benzo's don't have that big of a impact on the heart..

EDIT: put in the exerpt i read

but to put things in perspective, SWIm thinks it's much,much more dangerous to mix depressant+deprassant, or stimulant+stimulant

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  7. radiometer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Aha, I KNEW John Belushi and speedballs (what a fucking stupid slang term BTW) would show up in this thread.

MDMA + Valium does not = Heroin + cocaine!!!

Go call an emergency room and ask them with what drugs they would treat an MDMA overdose. If they tell you that Valium is dangerous to administer to someone on MDMA, who is a normal metaboliser, I'll send you my iPod.

Here's another way to look at this: Panic attacks cause heart rate and blood pressure to rise, just like a CNS stimulant. Is it also dangerous, therefore, to give benzodiazepines to someone having a panic attack?

As for proof - I'm the one who's asking for it. The burden of proof is on the one who makes a claim, not the skeptic. Several people in this thread claim it is dangerous to coadminister MDMA and Valium, in normal doses. I don't believe this claim, and I am asking for some evidence. If this is so risky, surely there must be some medical or academic literature from which to quote on the subject. I'm all ears..

Last edited: Sep 11, 2006
  8. WrtngCocaineTutorial

WrtngCocaineTutorial Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    hehe SWIm wrote "benzo's don't have that big of a impact on the heart.."
    he's not trying to use John Belushi as a argument against benzo's and MDMA :cool: he's talking about the most extreme "downer" combined with a upper

LoL

9. Psych0naut

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I know benzodiazepines are extensively used with MDMA,amphetamine and methamphetamine overdose, mainly because of it's anti-convulsant effects and also to calm a patient down.
    Could someone explain what makes the combination of heroine with cocaine so dangerous, and does it have anything to do with it's CNS effects at all?

10. radiometer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I asked an MD friend on another board, who is very knowledgable regarding MDMA, for his opinion on this topic and received this reply:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  11. GHBaddict

GHBaddict Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Take Valium before taking Pills. Because the Val brings you rite down.. then when you take the pills, the come-up is AMAZING. Also, taking Val after Pills helps you sleep. Mixing these substances is not dangerous in my opinion

12. radiometer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Taking diazepam before MDMA will noticably attenuate the effects of the MDMA.

13. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    If you wind up in the hospital on an overdose of, say, DOI (happened to a chimp I know), you likely would be given valium or similar benzodiazepine. Just use caution. It is easy to overdo such on your own.

14. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I took 10mg of valium before a rave and once he got into the rave enviroment he decided to take 120mg of MDMA. He had not taken MDMA in months so tolerance or an inadequate amount of seratonin available was not the issue. 120mg did not hit him hard at all so he took another 120mg cap. That did the trick and got his eyes to fultter, but he spent way more on molly than he planned.

240mg of MDMA would normally have been way too much for SWIM, but in this case, it was barely enough. Save the valium for the comedown. SWIM sure wishes he had.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  15. zer0

zer0 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o from Australia
    MDMA and diazepam

Just wondering if anyones tried this and would this be a good mix?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
    1. 3/5,
      this is an international forum, please use the generic names for drugs
      Feb 8, 2009
  16. Silentscream

Silentscream Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Re: Valium & MDMA?

The valium practically ends the MDMA experience, most swimmers use it to sleep at the end of the night..

17. GreyApple

GreyApple Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Valium seems to slow the heart down where obviously MDMA speeds it up, I'm not a doctor but that seems a little dangerous. Granted I have taken substance such as Alprazolam which is also a Benzodiazepine to get some sleep as the previous poster stated but I dont beleave that it would be wise or recreational to combine the two...

18. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda

That would be a waste of MDMA. Valium would negate most of the inserting effects, as other posters suggested.

19. riririwho

riririwho Newbie

Reputation Points:

Swim's friend disagrees with the above, he has used V's for comedown, which is great, but a few v's and a slightly increased dose of E/MD with it can be a really melow friendly, loved up, trippy experience, used to be one of My favourite combo's, many moon's ago.

20. BrainMelt

BrainMelt Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Combining the best drug ever with one of the dullest ones? Sounds like a shitty combination.

1. 3/5,
      unhelpful; explain why instead of using hyperbole
      Oct 15, 2009