1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Combinations - MDMA +hydroxyzine/prednisone/cortisone

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by ConnDeezee, Sep 23, 2008.

1. ConnDeezee

ConnDeezee Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    HELLO!! Swim was wondering if there were any potentially harmful side affects, or any at all, from taking MDMA while on hydroxyzine and prednisone. Swim also had a 125mg cortisone shot. he would just like to know if there would be any side affects what so ever if he took MDMA with these other chemicals in his system?? SWIM SAYS TY!!!!

ConnDeezee added 19 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

CORRECTION: sry, SWIM had a 125mg shot of Solu-Medrol.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  2. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    WOW - what'd swim get those for? SWIM would be careful as corticosteroids cause mood swings and sometimes manic behavior. Coupled with MDMA effects / hangover, this could be highly unpredictable.

3. Nnizzle

Nnizzle Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from earth
    Here are some articles in the archive about steroids and MDMA, specifically glucocorticoids (subsection of corticosteroids) which includes cortisone and prednisone.

And I quote:
    etc. etc.

Now, corticosterone is not cortisone, but they are very similar. Noone could find nothing specifically about cortisone or prednisone in the literature, but he would suggest to wait until the cycle is over before using MDMA.

4. nowincolour

nowincolour Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from Australia
    I know this thread is very old but thought I would contribute. My hamster was on prescribed prednisone, which she isn't taking anymore, and has received cortisone shots in her knees although that was some years ago. When my hamster first tried E she was taking prednisone and didn't notice any ill effects. My hamster has yet to try E without the prednisone though.

Your safest bet is to ask your doctor if they are prescribed medication. I'm fairly sure they have to uphold the whole patient/doctor confidentiality thing and you could just talk about in hypothetical terms.

Snapper is correct in stating that corticosteroids cause mood swings. While on them my hamster would have black moods for days for no reason, and then come out of it quite unexpectedly. They stopped after my hamster stopped taking prednisone.

Hope this information helps.