MDMA/MDA and smoking

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by Forthesevenlakes, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    I am a regular smoker. sometimes a pack a day. he'll smoke about once an hour sober, even more so on opiates, cocaine, and amphetamines. however what he has noticed is that when he takes MDMA or MDA, he does not get an urge to smoke. it is as if he forgets that he is a smoker, and the idea to smoke never gets into his head during the experience. the couple of times he has smoked on these drugs, he gets about halfway through the cigarette, and thinks, "this tastes disgusting. why am i doing this to myself?" and puts it out. today I has noticed a sort of lingering lack of cig craving from MDA as well. swim dosed 13 hours ago, and got a good sleep, 7 hours or so. when he woke up today, he attempted to smoke, not out of craving but because he rationalized, "well, its cigarette time i guess", but it tasted too gross and he put it out.

swim notices he does not want to smoke when he takes DXM, too. this made him initially think that his lack of craving for smokes was somehow mediated through NMDA receptor antagonism. but after noticing he does not want to smoke on MDMA/MDA either, he is not so sure that his lack of craving is mediated through this route. maybe it is mediated through a serotinergic mechanism.

can anyone shed light on what is a fortuitous mystery for swim? he's glad that he's not smoking at the moment, but he cant figure out how this could work.

does anyone else notice a similar lack of desire to smoke when they roll?

2. dnb warrior

dnb warrior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    SWIM can't help you shed any light on why this happens but he did tell me that he loves smoking on MDMA, it feels much better than smoking when sober. but he doesn't get cravings for cigs on MDMA, and often "forgets" to smoke. but as soon as he remembers theres some cigs in his pocket he can't wait to light up!

on the other hand he doesn't enjoy smoking on DXM.

3. ryanstein

ryanstein Newbie

Reputation Points:
    when I am on mdma he smokes over a pack in a few hours...he loves smoking and it never seems long b4 he wants another 1 but swim only smokes a pack every 2-3 days...

my only guess is that subconsiciously You wants to quit smoking so when You starts to smoke while rollin You sees its not worth it which makes You ask, y am i doin this to myself and this is gross...a lot of ppl on mdma think outside the box about things so You would c the other side of smoking.

not sure,
    ryan

4. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    thanks for the answers.

in fact, I do want to quit smoking. he generally thinks about this during psychedelic trips, and that may play into his lack of desire to smoke when he is tripping or rolling. that makes sense.

its now been a couple days since swim's mda experience and he still has a reduced taste and desire to smoke. hopefully this is a permanent change in a positive direction.