MDMA: Real Short Duration?!

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by KomodoMK, Oct 5, 2006.

1. KomodoMK

KomodoMK Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Last night I took the remaining 1 pill he had after a long period of absistence. It was really short, not even lasting 2 hours.

Time scale:
    21:55 Drop
    22:22 Come Up
    22:55 Peak
    23:50 Starting to wear off
    12:30 Almost feel at baseline

Was over in almost 2 hours, felt perfectly normal after and no after effects today. I amn't on medication and takes multi vitamin and minerals and cod liver oil capsules everyday. I had eaten about 4 hours prior and only drank fruit juice all day.

What could cause it to be so short, especially only a 55 minutes peak?

2. Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Do you think it might have been methylone as it's supposed to have a shorter duration.

3. KomodoMK

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I have never tried methylone so couldn't compare it. It did feel like MDMA in all aspects that I am used too. Is it possible the pill was a low dose so created the short duration or is it more likely to be the same duration with less intense effects? I was pretty high for the 55 mins he was up.

Is it possible I have a tolerance which could cause this? A while back SWIM stupidly used almost once every week or two for a year. :(

4. Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It could also be something to do with how the pill was pressed and what it was mixed with (the pill's fillers). Perhaps pills that are more crumbly dissolve more quickly and thus hasten onset but also cause a quicker drop off in effects...

5. KomodoMK

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    The pill was a very well pressed solid blue dove SWIM tells me. I guess there is far to many factors involved so drawing a proper conclusion is out of the question.

Thanks anyway though. :)

6. dnb warrior

dnb warrior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I think it was probably just a low dose

7. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    As the dose increases, the duration slightly increases but after a point, taking more will just give you more negative side effects. A weak dose of MDMA will typically only last a few (2-4) hours. A full dose will last the full 4-6 hours.

SWIm doubts you pill was methylone. Probably just a low dose of MDMA. ~60mg? Sound right???

8. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I agree that a low dose is the most likely culprit. I have had similar experiences in the past, including once with pills which were both lab-tested and taken previously, tolerance from overuse being the deciding factor in that case.

9. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    The high cost of methylone rather leaves that one out - unless someone bought a barrel cheap out of China. And let's hope that's not the case. That would get it outlawed in short order. Likely a low dose of MDMA coupled with physiological/psychological factors.

10. TheFonz

TheFonz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Does You take any other supplements that could effect the dopamine receptors?

11. Ketamina

Ketamina Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I agree. I have had various levels of dosage when knowing the contents of a supposed MDMA pill. I have purposefully purchased lower doses from reputable suppliers, and what you described sounds pretty much like that. Did you have similar 'day after' feelings, as you would with a higher dose, but just lower key?

12. KomodoMK

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    When SWIM hit baseline (T+2h30) it was as if he hadn't taken anything, no effects lingering the next morning either.

In reply to the Fonz, not that I can think of. I did take a anti-histamine come to think of it, the active ingredient in that was Cetirizine Dihydrochloride.

13. ac1dr4v3n

ac1dr4v3n Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    I have been telling me his last 2 rolls have been very disappointing such as SWYM. SWIM rolled for about 2 months every other weekend with very good/lasting experiences. Swim waited over 2 months to try rolling again, the results were quite disappointing. He tells me he took 2 very strong XTC pills with Fast Forward imprints along with fellow friends who had also waited more than 2 months. Everyone but SWIM and his g/f had a very intense roll that lasted 4+hours. SWIM only was able to feel the roll coming into effect then it was like he was only experiencing the effects such as jaw clenching and eyes dialated - the same for his girlfriend who said it was almost as they had both taken vicodins. They both waited another 2 weeks to try again. SWIM and his girlfriend both took one and a half this time the tabs had goat imprints on them. I was able to roll this time but it only lasted close to an hour and a half and his g/f did not roll once again. Both times there was absolutly no comedown effects for anyone who had taken the rolls. SWIM beleives both the XTC tabs they tried were pure MDMA but cannot be certian. I am very disappointed and is looking for any answers/suggestions

14. KomodoMK

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    The second time may have been a low dose of MDMA as that is the conclusion of this thread and what I believe was the case.

The first time could have been anything from mental state to bad pill. Wait 3 months then try again when your in a happy environment with 1 or 2 people you trust. Also, make sure you have no worries and are not stressed at the time.

GL!

15. ac1dr4v3n

ac1dr4v3n Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    The first time I was at an electronic music gathering with 5 very close friends and numerous old contacts all looking to catch up with each other. All of SWIM's friends rolled for numerous hours on the same pills as him even the ones that took only 1. The second time could have most likely been a low dose.

I also have a question about anti depressants such as prozac or prozac substitues. These last for about 2 weeks in your system i was told. Would a person taking these pills be able to roll the same or would they have to be off of them 2 weeks (more/less?) to ensure a good roll? Thanks for your help.

16. MaxCamel

MaxCamel Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    isnt MDE a short lasting high...?

17. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I find that interesting as one of his friends got a blue dove (in the US though) within a month ago and experienced the same effects. He concluded it was probably a low dose of MDMA. Might have been similar pills or just similar situation with same looking pill.

18. Memantine

Memantine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I've seen these people taking previously weighed down 140mg of pure MDMA (that factor unbeknownst to them, plus probably they wouldn't even know that was a high dose for most) and still complain about the same thing, real short duration but with the usual intensity of effects.
    In this case you couldn't say it was because of a low dose, unless these people were all extremely isensitive to the molecule but you can definitely point out the physiological/psychological factors. I think they were also MDMA naive, that would explain some...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  19. Memantine

Memantine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    There is a threshold with MDMA where if you take too low of a dose, the experience won't last anymore than 2.5-3 hours tops. This happens with anything below 90mg average.

20. Ghetto_Chem

Ghetto_Chem Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Damn you ressurected a really old thread.

My friend will say this. Certain batches of MDA (the MDA my friend sometimes finds) will feel nearly identical to MDMA but a bit wavier and much shorter in duration. With MDMA my friend is good for 3-6 usually, but the few times he's tried crystal pure MDA it only lasted 3 hours including everything, probably 1 hour and 30mins for the peak. Its actually very surprising cuz you would swear you were on MDMA but then as quickly as you came up you come down, unlike MDMA which gives you quite a few "waves" on the way down this stuff just drops off quick.

Every single one of my friend's friends swore up and down that this stuff was legit MDMA that just had a short duration, until my friend tested it... In more than one way of course :)

Just on a side note, mixing this "type" of MDA (look into my friends thread on his MDA Isomer theory for what he means by type) is great with MDMA cuz it gives something extra and makes the peak very intense for people that like that kind of thing. Yet the MDMA still keeps the duration reasonable, try 80-90mg MDMA and 40-50mg MDA either at same time or MDMA then MDA about 15mins later.

https://drugs-forum.com/threads/176402

-GC

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012