MDMA & the next day

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by omen8productions, Oct 25, 2006.

1. omen8productions

omen8productions Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    after a couple years of bi-weekly MDMA use, I started to notice and dread the following 36 hours after a roll. he tried 5-HTP, fish oil, and other over-the-counter seratonin boosters. the true solution proved to be a modest amount of marijuana the next day and 4-8 mL GHB doses every few hours. it eliminated all negative effects, and even brought back a little of the last night.

then again, a day of herb and GHB would probably solve tension for a lot of reasons.

2. N0ly

N0ly Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIN can say that weed is a neccesity for the days following a roll. 1 to relax and 2 to give yourself something to do so you dont just sit there and let the depression take its toll.

3. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    In SWIM's experience, kratom seems to help with just about any sort of substance-related comedown or aftermath. Even severe coke comedowns (anhedonia, lack of energy, depression, irregular heartbeats, etc) are practically "cured" by a dose of vitamin K, and certainly the next 36 hours could be covered fairly well by redosing every 6-8 hours while awake. Highly recommended.

4. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    Ginseng, 5-htp, and exercise is the best combo I has found.

5. dnb warrior

dnb warrior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I used to agree with this school of thought but more recently he has begun to think that burning out on weed the next day doesnt really help... he smokes weed on the comedown but say six hours after taking his last pill he just stops smoking and takes 1-200mg of 5htp throughout the next day... then stays off the weed and usually by the evening of the next day he is feeling almost normal, the day after that he is fine and can get on with life!

the most important thing is not to have any engagements on the day immediately after.

6. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Other things to add -- L-Tyrosine, B vitamins, fish or flax oil gelcaps, taurine and a "therapeutic formula" multivitamin... I have found it all helpful in general stimulant recovery, including MDMA as well as methylone, cocaine, speed and others. 5-HTP is especially applicable to MDMA & methylone of course, but if SWIM's not mistaken even coke depletes serotonin to some degree.
    Sometimes that can't be helped... I have had to really stick a hot poker in his eyeball a few times (figuratively speaking, of course) to function well enough to get to a doctor's appointment that couldn't be rescheduled without running out of medications.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  7. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Over the past 4 months I have begun to actually find the aspects E comedown which he "suffers" none to bad and even interesting/enjoyable. I find what he can only call the "everything not quite making as much sense as it did prior to the roll" comedown effect intriguing and even enjoyable as it seems inevitably (in my experience) linked to a slight lethargy or numbness of mind as though walking about in a daze, for-filling actions his own little world entails, flowing past the rest of society unbothered by there problems distractions and illogical hang ups.

I am aware that some people suffer much different / worse comedowns, but feels he has effectively learned to enjoy the uncertainty, lack of understanding, and unsureity

8. grecian

grecian Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from aruba
    I has found that he has coped with comedowns best when he has to do something like go to work which tends to keep both his mind and his body too occupied to dwell on anything for too long, sure he hardly feels on top of the world but you grit your teeth (literally) and just keep yourself busy.

When I dont have anything to do he sits down and the longer he is like this the more he can feel his energy draining away.

As far as antidotes for comedowns go I has only tried weed (although he wasnt using it for that effect), he finds his mind jumps out of his tired body when he does this and becomes able to enjoy the good things life has to offer again (south park springs to mind).

9. thinkcooper

thinkcooper Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM told me that his wife suffers quite a bit the next day following a great roll. I have a theory that his wife drinks too much water during the adventure, and by restricting her to water that includes an array of minerals and electrolytes, followed by a typical dose of 5-HTP at the conclusion of the roll, she had less of an e hangover the next day. The last time they tried it, the thoery seemed to play out, and his wife didn't have as many issues.

However she did get a hold of some prepared camping food the next day that may have been contaminated, as she felt like crap about an hour after eating. She had eaten food earlier in the post-roll day, with no ill effect, and she felt alert and comfortable. Perhaps another experiment is in order.

Previous rolls, I have seen his wife consume an estimated 1 gallon of water during a cool evening in the desert. I am an experienced desert dweller and knows that this is the right amount during a day of strenuous hiking, but feels this is too much for a night of stumbling around on an opne playa, with some sexy ambient dancing thrown in here and there.

SWIM hopes that he can resolve the post-e issue, because he confides that the sex he has when rolling with his gorgeous wife is epic, superhero, and beyond belief. SWIM's wife is apprehensive about taking another roll due to her hangover, and this greatly saddens SWIM.

10. WrtngCocaineTutorial

WrtngCocaineTutorial Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    lots of people use 5htp , but does it have any documented effects?

I am interested

EDIT: has anyone tried using speed/coke to get through to next day?

11. darawk

darawk Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I use:

Before and after I come down most of the way:

200mg 5-HTP
    600mg alpha-lipoic acid
    81mg aspirin

And then just take more 5-htp as needed. If you can get an SSRI like Prozac you should take that too once you start coming down.

EDIT: Also, on 2 pills for my first time I had zero crash using the above 'stack'. I think next time I may double the aspirin dose though.

12. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    SWIF in the past always used 50mg of 5-HTP and never had a problem be he has noticed with more recent use the comedown seems soemwhat more pronounced.

Whats the best reccommended change? Increase 5-HTP dose?

13. WrtngCocaineTutorial

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Everybody:

Next time You is rolling; please try to take 3000mg of vitamin C (30 minutes prior to MDMA),

and a new dose of 3000mg's of vitamin C 3hours and 30minutes after MDMA ingestion

And rapport back

I am trying to find a list of all of the helpful antioxidants and products avaible, but there are sources who say that 3grams+3grams should be enough to protect the brain, and keep the hangover away (and reduce tolerance, etc) SWIm has never heard of it in practice. So if anyone could use this relativly high dose of vitamin-c SWIm would be very interested in the outcome

----------------------------------------

Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  14. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Are you suggesting a member's monkey become a guinea pig here? 6 grams of vitamin C is a rather large amount. Please produce the literature on this.

We do NOT advocate SWIM to be a test subject.

15. WrtngCocaineTutorial

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Nagognog2:
    SWIm has taken 10 000 mg's of vitamin-C. This is not a dangerous procedure. There is no other harm than the possiblity of an upset bowl. Which people don't get any signs of until ca 8-12 hours after ingestion. This is with the 10gram dose.

A smaller dose would not give these problems. But people are differnent, and some can get a little upset bowl. This is not bothersome, and there is absoutely no sudden need to go to the bathroom.

SWIm had his mother eat 5 grams of vitamin C in a dose, and she didn't get and side effects, just as SWIm predicted. She took 5grams at once with sustained release, instead of 3grams+3grams.

By all meens this dose is not harmful. As I have written earlier, it's quite common to use IV doses of 150grams of Ascorbic Acid in elite bodybuilding. And SWIm has used 68grams of vitamin-C orally one day, to test his limits and side effects.

If this high dose is taken often, and not a single day as a protection product against MDMA's bad effects, it has an irritating effect on the stomach, just as moonshine, and other stuff. SWIm is not taking about taking it often

No one becomes a pioneer on this area if the ingest 3+3grams of vitamin C. Or just a single dose of Vitamin C 30minutes prior to MDMA
    This is not dangerous to become a "test subject" on.,

The only problem is that all the evidence SWIm has heard of it's effects are through one guy, who knows an other guy etc.

Real "SWIMMER" experience would be much more valuble as it does not go through many people before they tell wheater it works good, or not.

16. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    It's nice that SWIM experiments on family members (assuming they are aware of it), but I don't think it's a good idea to advocate to others to become test-subjects. Be it with ascorbic acid or paint-fumes. Period.

17. WrtngCocaineTutorial

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    yes, if this was new land, which the side effects has not been explored, than I agree. But the effects (and side effects) of a single large dose of vitamin-C is well documented, and there's nothing to worry about.

The "ecstacy manifesto" recommends :

"Acute dosage: Up to 10g (in the form of calcium ascorbate to minimize diarrhea) during MDMA usage. ."

"Vitamin C foundation" recommends 8-grams every twenty minutes. This is not for everyday use, but when You is sick.

SWIm has bought the normal concentrated form where:
    One gram = one tablet

Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  18. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Fine. Take it to a club with lots of e-users and have an attorney write up a legal disclaimer people can sign before partaking in such an experiment. But using these forums to conduct quasi-medical research is definitely beyond the scope of what we exist for.

Perhaps if you did not encouarge members' monkey's to do such, but posed it as a theoretical study - it would be within the scope. But as stands it smacks of asking people to be guinea pigs.

19. WrtngCocaineTutorial

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Back to topic:
    "The ecstacy manifesto" writes that even a lower dose may protect users, but this is based on theory, and not practice

"If one takes into account the increased clearance and other pharmacokinetic parameters that change due to the lower body weight of the rat compared with humans, a quantity of 2 grams of vitamin C may protect users of MDMA from oxidative stress."

20. WrtngCocaineTutorial

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    problems with too low serotonergic activity seems account for much of the problem the days after rolling.

Has anyone tried to use GHB when they are feeling the worst of the post-MDMA depression?

GHB is supposed to raise serotonin levels...