1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Pharmacology - MDPBP and MDPPP as the next MDPV replacements?

Discussion in 'Beta-Ketones' started by MasteroftheUnderworld, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasteroftheUnderworld

MasteroftheUnderworld

Reputation Points:
    The pharmacological similarities are very subtle (shortened chain) that one would have a hard time NOT to notice the subtle differences.

Wonder how it compares in effects to MDPV itself? Stronger? Weaker? Better ot worse?

What do ya'll other SWIMMERS think?

MotU

MasteroftheUnderworld added 1 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Images of compounds

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  2. timkanu

timkanu

Reputation Points:
    Can they still be classed as a cathinone derivative like MDPV is ? Therefore be a class B drug in the UK ? or not ?

3. MasteroftheUnderworld

MasteroftheUnderworld

Reputation Points:
    Yes I would assume so seeing as how they look almost EXACTLY alike.

I tried to attach, post, andeven link the damn pictures of each molecule I drew for you all but the forums just wouldn't let me do it. Wouldn't even allow me to post links to Wikipedia (yes I read the reason why for the latter). But after 15+ tries I just gave up.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2011
  4. Phenoxide

Phenoxide Super Moderator Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    As you have already read the reasons that Wikipedia hotlinks are discouraged please do not just direct people there anyway. Wikipedia is a dynamic resource; the content of the articles you link to may change or even disappear, which would render this thread useless to future readers. If there is content on Wikipedia that is highly relevant to the discussion then please present it in the thread.

Same applies to hotlinking images from other sites. Hotlinks are unstable and go dead with time. If you have images that are relevant to the discussion then please upload them onto Drugs-Forum either in the Image Gallery, a personal folder on your profile page, or as an attachment to your post. Schematics of the structures of these compounds can already be found in their respective drug info threads, and these can be found using the forum search engine or the research chemical index stickied at the top of each research chemical sub-forum.

Back on topic: yes, all of the compounds named above are class B controlled substances in the UK under the clause on cathinone derivatives. The clause makes provision for alpha-alkyl chains of varying length.

As for whether any of these substances are a replacement for anything (and God forbid they should be viewed as compounds in their own right rather than as a substitute for X, Y or Z).. time will tell. There is currently very little information regarding human use of these substances out there, so it seems premature to draw any conclusions about their respective merits and detractions.

MDPPP Drug Info

MDPBP Drug Info

Research Chemicals Index - Beta-Ketones

5. sighhill

sighhill Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My gremlin buddy Bob has done some research on a replacement of MDPV. He even went as far as to get shipped to him what a supplier called PV-2 a.k.a. m-PPP.

GremBob growled in discomfort when first studying the chemical for his ROA was insufflation and it burnt Bob's nose quite a bit. He said after trying it a few dozen times it seems to be not so bad. But also added, those dozen times or so are pretty painful.
    Besides that GremBob said that it had a decent taste going back and that the over-all feel was something new. Slightly comparable to MDPV, but the euphoria was different and not in a bad way. He said even though he was happy to study the material that he was not going to continue his research on MDPV replacements in the lab due to the fact that it is time consuming and he is far too busy.

6. Terrapinzflyer

Terrapinzflyer MDMA, RC & News Forums

Reputation Points:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.