Opinions - MDPV degredation in solution

Discussion in 'Beta-Ketones' started by snapper, Mar 14, 2007.

1. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I found some MDPV in water a while back and found it to be about 50% weaker than when first dissolved about 4 weeks before. I was wondering if any other my noticed the same thing? I had not used it in many weeks (or any other stimulants) and does not feel tolerance was a factor. The water was kept cool but was in a transparent container. No color changes or other signs of degredation were noted, but it was a 10mg/ml solution, which is pretty dilute.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2010
  2. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    I have heard of this happening before -- apparently it's not too stable in solution.

He wishes this was a problem he had tho, not being able to locate any is even more of a problem :(. He's got M1 on the way + party planned w/certain other stim, but on reflection MDPV was his favorite of all of 'em. Don't know what u got 'til it's gone... story of life, I guess.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  3. NeonCortex

NeonCortex Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from sweden
    I've seen some brown gunk in solution kept in a similar way. It's claimed that one is from dimerization. Try to swirl it a little and look closely, is it all clear? I wouldn't expect it to happen to a very large degree though.

4. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, no sediment, and I took 10 mg and barely felt anything. Normally that would have been bordering on too much for SWIM. Oh well...

5. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    shocking isnt it...a noneuphoriant nonpsychedelic but my oh my.

6. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    You sometimes appears to have difficulty with the concept that people's body chemistries differ (not to mention modes of admin, frequency of admin, dosages and a million other factors). I found MDPV plenty euphoric at higher doses over long periods of time, particularly when throwing those "every 10 minute orgasms" into the mix. Definitely not that much in the first 6-12 hours, but between 24 and 72+ hours you'd better believe it.

P.S. I find your reply vaguely disrespectful, in the sense that you don't seem to give SWIM credit for years... nay, *decades* of experience with a vast, broad variety of substances -- not to mention 20+ years of personal study of pharmacology (starting in a big city in-patient hospital pharmacy). If I say he fell in love with a substance, you can be pretty sure he's got damn good reasons. Not that You would necessarily ever react the same as I do to some given drug.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  7. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, I don't think that SWINanobrain was being disrespectful, but maybe I am missing something. SWIUs all value youour opinions, SWINicaine (what a mouthful of SWI-s!).

SWIM finished off the old vial of MDPV mentioned at the beginning of this thread, and a 10mg admin felt like about 4, and the last 5 was virtually imperceptible. SWIM therefore has surmised that MDPV in solution should be finished quickly (duh!). I found the wieghing the solid and taking it as such was much more effective, and who knows how fast the potency diminishes in solution. Might be worth trying it one way then the other with the same amounts. That is, if it is ever available again ....

8. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    huh? whatcha talkin' bout Willis? no disrespect was intended, i just agreed w/you, Nicaine, and am surprised you found anything disrespectful therein.

9. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    We are in strong disagreement that MDPV is "noneuphoric." In fact I have found few other substances that are as euphoric as MDPV, given the 'right' dosages and dosing pattern.

As far as the whole 'respect' thing, never mind... :rolleyes:

10. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from japan
    swim's herd must say that they never felt euphoria from MDPV nasal spray or oral dosing and redosing. Just a slight physical stimulation that is not so enjoyable in itself but goes along well as a slight wake boost when combined with alcohol and / or M1... maybe they really have to crank up the intake volume ( which they're not inclined to do as of now due to the rarity of the product and to the fact that it works well as used), but so far this is not more euphoric than cafeine.

ah, euphoria...I has felt truly euphoric from cocaine and freebase cocaine, MDMA, M1 (and to a much different extent hallucinogens especially semilanceata mushrooms, but the nature of the experience leads swim to seperate stimulant serotonine dopamine euphoria and psychedelics, where euphoria is of a different nature).
    amphetamines made him wired and talkative but not euphoric ( he doesn't live in methamphetamine country and has never tried this). Coca and khat are more of a moodlift than euphoria, though this changes when alcohol is regularly administered.

So far swim must say that after repeated experiences with the MDPV solution he's still waiting for a tangible psychoactivity. But maybe the solution has become weak, so it's hard to estimate what the real doses are...

b

11. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM experienced what could qualify as euphoria, or more likely strong, constant sexual stimulation once. Only once. I tried to repeat the experiment, which included a small amount of kratom, 5meomipt, and smoked DPT, and was unable to recapture the moment. I think this was a weird anomaly. Otherwise, I have found it to be a not too interesting stimulant. SWIM wonders if there was also a tolerance and maybe with a few weeks, off, I could once again find this place; more for curiosity's sake since I feel the value of such an experience is limited and repetitive. SWIM wonders if the seratonergic aspect combined with the dopamine reuptake summate to a more complete experience. I felt a similar effect from BZP, 5meoDIPT, DPT and GBL, but eventually dumped the BZP in the toilet because of the hangover and other unpleasant side effects, as well as health concerns (BZP is not a healthy feeling...)

12. NeuroChi

NeuroChi is not his mind Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Was regular tap water used or distilled water?

A pending question is whether or not using distilled water would be better to store MDPV, adding NaCl to keep it in solution.
    See Storing MDPV for a nasal spray.